WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm not a fan of winter either. I had many years of it and I'm glad the UK isn't that bad during the winter.

There are some things that were nice about it but I can live without those if I have to. :p

Another thing I like about winter is that I get to be super lazy without anyone complaining :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Another thing I like about winter is that I get to be super lazy without anyone complaining :D

Last winter I was renovating a house. I hope to have the final touches done before this winter so I can be a bit more lazy. Saying that, I'd like to go somewhere warmish in the new year. This hasn't been the best year for weather here.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I think the comment section is pretty scary personally...

Comment section is the only thing still keeping me on 9gag. I've already seen at least 80% of the post, and in many cases comments are much funnier than the post itself.

But yes, in some cases it's filled with nonsense and hate. There are even comments trying to encourage others on hate crimes. It's easy to write bull**** under a anonymous account, most of them are probably under 15.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Last winter I was renovating a house. I hope to have the final touches done before this winter so I can be a bit more lazy. Saying that, I'd like to go somewhere warmish in the new year. This hasn't been the best year for weather here.

Nice, staying in Europe or going somewhere farther?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nice, staying in Europe or going somewhere farther?

Probably just the EU but I'd like to go to other places. Finances at the moment won't really allow that though.

I do need to get back to Australia at some point in the near future but that's not going to be cheap. I should also go to Canada to see the family again (oh joy!), maybe travel some in Canada as well and there are parts of the US I'd still like to get to.

There's places all over that I'd like to see. I need to make more money! LOL!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Probably just the EU but I'd like to go to other places. Finances at the moment won't really allow that though.

I do need to get back to Australia at some point in the near future but that's not going to be cheap. I should also go to Canada to see the family again (oh joy!), maybe travel some in Canada as well and there are parts of the US I'd still like to get to.

There's places all over that I'd like to see. I need to make more money! LOL!

Quite some plan you have there. With those costs you might as well get another house, lol.

I dig Australia, I'd like to live there since I don't mind all those nopes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Quite some plan you have there. With those costs you might as well get another house, lol.

I dig Australia, I'd like to live there since I don't mind all those nopes.

I miss Australia more than I miss Canada and I'm Canadian. Though in the UK I'm Australian.

However, I do love living in the EU. I love being able to visit all those places I watched on TV in Canada and Australia and enjoy the different cultures. Unfortunately most people in the EU don't know how good they have it. :p

If you ever decide to go to Australia keep in mind it's a big place. Most Aussies are pretty easy going. It's an expensive place to visit. The sun doesn't always shine and when it rains it doesn't kid around. On the whole Australia is OK. It's not as exciting as it's made out on TV. :p

I need to go to Canada for family but I haven't actually visited much of it so I wouldn't mind heading out west.

I need to go to Australia because I still have things there to sort out so going there is sort of essential. I'd also like to do some 'touristy' things while I'm there.

Still lots to see in the EU and USA. I have friends in the US I'd like to see as well.

So there's a lot of travelling for me to do still.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

So what song do you think has heavier bass that will blow speakers: "Into the Void" by Black Sabbath" or "The Barbarian" by ELP?

It's not the same kind of music, but if you want bass to blow speakers, check out "Bass Computer 2000" by Techmaster P.E.B. I recall everyone using that to test their bass back in high school. I think it originally came out in 1991.

https://youtu.be/QHRN5kErs5c

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...s-computer-2000%2F8d6kgx753qm4&token=eLS-tyn_

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I believe she was just being hypothetical....

Yeah, but...
You know it's all about that bass
'Bout that bass, & treble
It's all about that bass
'Bout that bass, & treble

Can't believe it's been over 20 years ago that it came out. :confused: (Techmaster PEB, not Meghan Trainer... although Meghan is probably about as old at that CD.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I miss Australia more than I miss Canada and I'm Canadian. Though in the UK I'm Australian.

However, I do love living in the EU. I love being able to visit all those places I watched on TV in Canada and Australia and enjoy the different cultures. Unfortunately most people in the EU don't know how good they have it. :p

If you ever decide to go to Australia keep in mind it's a big place. Most Aussies are pretty easy going. It's an expensive place to visit. The sun doesn't always shine and when it rains it doesn't kid around. On the whole Australia is OK. It's not as exciting as it's made out on TV. :p

I need to go to Canada for family but I haven't actually visited much of it so I wouldn't mind heading out west.

I need to go to Australia because I still have things there to sort out so going there is sort of essential. I'd also like to do some 'touristy' things while I'm there.

Still lots to see in the EU and USA. I have friends in the US I'd like to see as well.

So there's a lot of travelling for me to do still.

It doesn't need to be exciting, that's the point, I just want to get away from this place, and you can't go further than Australia :D. Also I've heard and read somewhere that they're taking immigrants and stuff, so that's my plan after I finish the college. Who doesn't want well educated youth for free.

As far as Europe concerned, I'd really like to visit old towns in Italy, renaissance era and similar. Also Prague, Budapest, Wiena and others. I'd take those over any beach, but that's just me.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I just had a nice discussion about music with a friend of mine. We were trying to "find" the best metal song of all time, and we agreed that it is Hallowed be thy name by Maiden. Any other thoughts?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I just had a nice discussion about music with a friend of mine. We were trying to "find" the best metal song of all time, and we agreed that it is Hallowed be thy name by Maiden. Any other thoughts?
Another really good song is "Into the Void" by Black Sabbath.

I like their album Master of Reality better than Paranoid since they established their heavy sound with the down tuned guitar and bass on Master of Reality.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I believe she was just being hypothetical....
I was. I read an article about how a guy blew out the speakers on his father's hi-fi system back in the 70s via "The Barbarian" and wondered if the same guy listened to "Into the Void".

I have Master of Reality on MP3, but vinyl is on the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb