WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

My sweet neighbor had me over for dinner this evening. Prepared by her mother who is visiting from Thailand. Som Tum and Phat Thai. Heartburn city, but so delicious.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Quite hot. She brings her own chili powder that she makes from peppers she grows at home. Yikes!

That's the good stuff there. Growing up we made our homemade pepper sauce ,and that was crazy good. You sent your it because it was so potent...just put a few DROPS in the food.

Sometimes we get so used to have easy access to certain things, especially stuff like spices, that we forget how much better it is to make it at home...and how much work goes into making that stuff in the first place...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Initial impressions with the Robin:

Pros:

1) Design: Definitely Scott Croyle had some inputs in this thing. Really nice, fun look. Pretty boxy, but I have the mint/white model that looks fresh.

2) Performance: 808 and 3GB RAM run well together. Add Nova on this, and I'm good.

3) Fingerprint sensor is good too. Mi 5's was really quick, but this one's nice too.

4) Nice 1080P panel. The Mi 5's destroys this, but I'd take this one over what I've seen of the 5X.

5) Solid audio experience. Dual firing speakers are nice.

Meh:

1) OS skin: Very bare bones.

2) Camera: Nuff said.

3) 100GB cloud storage.

Cons:

1) I haven't had battery life this bad since I owned a Nexus 5. Nuff said. It's almost Trump's showing at the 1st debate this week kinda bad.

2) Good cases are as hard to find for this one as we could appropriate presidential candidates for 2016.

Overall, for what I paid for it, it's good cash value. It's makes a really nice spare. And a simple dailymdriver if you've got no intention of pushing it too much, as the battery life will screw you.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That's the good stuff there. Growing up we made our homemade pepper sauce ,and that was crazy good. You sent your it because it was so potent...just put a few DROPS in the food.

Sometimes we get so used to have easy access to certain things, especially stuff like spices, that we forget how much better it is to make it at home...and how much work goes into making that stuff in the first place...

Tell me about it, I still harass my mom for spices done the old fashioned way - dried in the sun and then hand ground in a mortar and pestle😊

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I hope you are better soon!

Right now I'm not feeling sick 'cause I'm sick (I'm not), it's this awful smell that's killing me. It has never, ever been this bad.

I'm here to see dermatologist, so not sick, rather making sure I don't get to be.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I was reading this article about why Pepe the Frog is banned/considered racist and offensive, and to be honest, I only made it to half way, and stopped reading. It was plain stupid. It seems to me that everything is considered offensive these days. You can't fight the internet, you can just make it worse.

Just to be clear, I'm not racist, I just don't get offended easily.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Maybe if Microsoft comes out with a new device otherwise maybe not!

The same way maybe if a viable Presidential candidate appeared at the last minute...or maybe not?

I'm sticking to my guns...you won't retire the 640 and those 950s will be gone in under 6 months.

From the Rockin' Robin (Nextbit)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I wonder in Windows phone land, with the Acer Jade and the HP Elite being aimed at business folks, if MSFT (or anyone else) will make a pseudo consumer rated device?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
MSFT doesn't seem interested in consumer mobile devices anymore. Or should I say consumers don't seem to be interested in Windows mobile? Does Windows mobile even have enough oomph anymore to entice any big OEMs to make a consumer device? Don't think so. Still...happily using my 950 XL.
Having said that, been using Android at work for years and intermittently for personal device as well. Enjoy aspects of both.

Last edited:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Morning folks. I wonder in Windows phone land, with the Acer Jade and the HP Elite being aimed at business folks, if MSFT (or anyone else) will make a pseudo consumer rated device?

Am I having a deja vu moment or you've already posted this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786