WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well happy weekend everyone. Happy thanksgiving weekend for those that celebrate that.

This morning I went to a place called Mam Tor for sunrise to take some pictures. Took a few but missed the early part of the sunrise. Learning a lot.

In the middle of next week I go to Germany for just under a week!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

A picture from today, I'm digging this iPhone...
3bb105f7249dcd5a0494857a533e1e48.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Well happy weekend everyone. Happy thanksgiving weekend for those that celebrate that.

This morning I went to a place called Mam Tor for sunrise to take some pictures. Took a few but missed the early part of the sunrise. Learning a lot.

Have a safe and fun trip to Germany! Please share some pictures from your trip. 😊

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Where are you heading?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Over to Berlin for a couple of days them a mini road trip over to some family near Stuttgart for a few days. Could be a great trip!
If the Xmas markets are on, I'm assuming they are, definitely check them out in Berlin at night time. Nice atmosphere.

I like Berlin. I still have plans to go back in the summer.

I haven't ventured anywhere else yet but would like to do a driving trip through the Black Forest.

I've got way too many places to get to... I need another life time.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

4 day weekend went by a little too fast... On the bright side, I only have 3 work weeks left for the year. Taking last 2 weeks off and praying the new baby is born in late December vs. the January due date the dr. is estimating.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

4 day weekend went by a little too fast... On the bright side, I only have 3 work weeks left for the year. Taking last 2 weeks off and praying the new baby is born in late December vs. the January due date the dr. is estimating.

Can I ask why? I was born in Jamuary, can't see why it's a bad thing.

Or, do you want that because of your 2 week vacation?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Leg is much better. Had no problems going to school and back. Though I have to say that I feel like the ankle is way too loose, not too stable at all, so I'll have to be careful there.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Small update regarding school. I will most probably have a 4.8 average at the end of this semester, which would be the best so far in high school. If I were to try a bit harder, especially with Bosnian and Maths, well, it would be a 5.0, which would definitely increase my chances on getting into nice college.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

While we're on the subject. That Austria thing, well I'm kind of serious about that now. It's going to be just a bit more expensive than studying here (not necessarily, one semester is 740? with a money back possibility if you earn 24 ECTS points at the end of semester, or year, something like that), and I'll get a better education, better diploma and an actual chance to get a job.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Anyone bought anything on Black Friday? As usual, I didn't, there were plenty of nice deals, but I didn't feel like I needed most of those stuff, so, I just skipped it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Anyone who is born in a current year counts as a dependent on taxes, even if he or she is born on the last day of the year. So a new baby born on 31 December can be taken as a dependent on the 2016 taxes. However if the baby is born on 1 January 2017, then he or she can't be taken as a dependent until the 2017 taxes are filled.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

2 reasons, both financial....

Already hit our deductible for the year, so if everything happens in December, it will be cheaper as insurance will step up to the plate and cover 80%... they cover 0% if it happens in January. Which is why I call BS on how insurance handles pregnancies. In our case, we've spent a lot on tests, Dr. visits, sonograms, etc. so it should all flow together with the actual birth, even if it's not all in the same year. We've been pre-paying for the birth, based off a January due date, so we'd actually get the 80% back from the Dr.

As a side bonus, as Laura Knotek pointed out, a December baby would give us an extra tax break for 2016, vs. not taking effect till 2017.

Guess I should add, other than that, January would actually be better so the child wouldn't be stuck having birthday parties where everyone is out of town for the holidays. My birthday was actually yesterday and it sometimes falls on Thanksgiving. While it isn't a big deal now a days, as I'm older, when I was younger, it always sucked when friends were out of town for Thanksgiving on my birthday.

Last edited:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Anyone who is born in a current year counts as a dependent on taxes, even if he or she is born on the last day of the year. So a new baby born on 31 December can be taken as a dependent on the 2016 taxes. However if the baby is born on 1 January 2017, then he or she can't be taken as a dependent until the 2017 taxes are filled.

Oh dear Lord, I just tried to understand how US taxes work, let's just say it didn't go well. I'm pretty good with money, since I'm kind of a cheap person, but this, it was just too much for me. I gave up after two minutes.

All I got is that you get some sort of tax refund if you get a baby in a year for which you've already paid taxe, right?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

2 reasons, both financial....

Already hit our deductible for the year, so if everything happens in December, it will be cheaper as insurance will step up to the plate and cover 80%... they cover 0% if it happens in January. Which is why I call BS on how insurance handles pregnancies. In our case, we've spent a lot on tests, Dr. visits, sonograms, etc. so it should all flow together with the actual birth, even if it's not all in the same year. We've been pre-paying for the birth, based off a January due date, so we'd actually get the 80% back from the Dr.

As a side bonus, as Laura Knotek pointed out, a December baby would give us an extra tax break for 2016, vs. not taking effect till 2017.

Guess I should add, other than that, January would actually be better so the child wouldn't be stuck having birthday parties where everyone is out of town for the holidays. My birthday was actually yesterday and it sometimes falls on Thanksgiving. While it isn't a big deal now a days, as I'm older, when I was younger, it always sucked when friends were out of town for Thanksgiving on my birthday.

I get the doc part, but why wouldn't they pay those 80% if the baby comes in January? Don' you have like, al year insurance. I'm lost.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
OK, someone should really tech us this stuff in school. I thought that you just get a bill for taxes, like you get a bill for internet, water, etc, and then you just pay it. But this is something like from out of this world. What a bunch of complications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786