WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The **** did you just say? Is it this complicated everywhere? :D
No. Just the US.

Most taxes and medical stuff is pretty easy elsewhere. I can't say everywhere because I've not lived everywhere.

Every place has its own unique quirks of course.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

No. Just the US.

Most taxes and medical stuff is pretty easy elsewhere. I can't say everywhere because I've not lived everywhere.

Every place has its own unique quirks of course.

Well, I don't know much about our taxes, but I know some stuff about our medical care. First, it's free, that is it's paid by the company you work at, and all your children can be "registered" under your plan. If you're not employed, then the government pays for it.

I have to note that only things that are covered by our medical care are services you get in public hospitals (private hospitals aren't really a thing here, there are very few and used mostly by really rich folks and sportist), and covers small amount of crucial meds. Anything other, well, you have to pay for it yourself.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

The story of why I am,quitting.
Back story: My old manager who was running the store" phill " left around the ends of September back to Redding ( he lives in Redding and was commuting every day to work here and left because he would be making more money if he stepped down as manager ) Scott was chosen to be manager here in Chico over Jen ( Scott was lead tech here in Chico before being catapulted to be manager ) so Jennifer moved to Oroville ( she moved to be closer to Brian. Keep in mind she is married to another guy. Brian got fired because he and Jennifer were in a blind stop where the cameras can't see. They were in a room together for about 30 min. You all,can make up your conclusions) to be manger there. I was lead tech for the month of October. Dillon walked out of the job. So in total there was only three workers . Me, mat , and Mary. Mat got a total of 140 hours and I got a total of 120hours for the month of October * keep all of this in mind

Names have been changed

Sent from mTalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Interesting so far. Lots of people left. A work romance and you worked 40 less hours than I do a month. You were given extra responsibility.

Can't wait to see where this is going.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, I don't know much about our taxes, but I know some stuff about our medical care. First, it's free, that is it's paid by the company you work at, and all your children can be "registered" under your plan. If you're not employed, then the government pays for it.

I have to note that only things that are covered by our medical care are services you get in public hospitals (private hospitals aren't really a thing here, there are very few and used mostly by really rich folks and sportist), and covers small amount of crucial meds. Anything other, well, you have to pay for it yourself.
Lots of places are going to what they call a two tier system.

Free public and paid private.

In Canada, Australia and here in the UK there's a mix of both. Typically to use private you need insurance unless you're rich. But even then they probably have insurance because in some countries it's a tax deduction.

There's usually less waiting times when accessing private because less people use it.

I'm more inclined to the idea of universal heath care because I grew up with it and I believe it makes sense. Unfortunately in a world now run by accountants these things are becoming endangered.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I should also point out Sahib that was quite the wall of text you have there... slightly confusing...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I should also point out Sahib that was quite the wall of text you have there... slightly confusing...
He was probably trying to type that while on his break from work and waiting for Samsung girl (aka his girlfriend) to show up, perhaps?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

He was probably trying to type that while on his break from work and waiting for Samsung girl (aka his girlfriend) to show up, perhaps?

You're probably right but it's a rather unfinished story... I think...

Which is why I find it confusing. I didn't quite get the 'reason for quitting' in there.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

The story of why I am,quitting.
Back story: My old manager who was running the store" phill " left around the ends of September back to Redding ( he lives in Redding and was commuting every day to work here and left because he would be making more money if he stepped down as manager ) Scott was chosen to be manager here in Chico over Jen ( Scott was lead tech here in Chico before being catapulted to be manager ) so Jennifer moved to Oroville ( she moved to be closer to Brian. Keep in mind she is married to another guy. Brian got fired because he and Jennifer were in a blind stop where the cameras can't see. They were in a room together for about 30 min. You all,can make up your conclusions) to be manger there. I was lead tech for the month of October. Dillon walked out of the job. So in total there was only three workers . Me, mat , and Mary. Mat got a total of 140 hours and I got a total of 120hours for the month of October * keep all of this in mind

Names have been changed

Sent from mTalk

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

BTW, FWIW, Thriller was released on this day in 1982.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You're probably right but it's a rather unfinished story... I think...

Which is why I find it confusing. I didn't quite get the 'reason for quitting' in there.

My take was:
1. The people he liked as Managers have moved away.
2. Someone he would have liked to be Manager didn't happen and someone who as less qualified is now his boss.
3. Even though he is qualified, he is getting fewer work hours versus someone who is not.
4. On top he is getting pushed to sell something in a way that he is not comfortable

Ergo, he wants to quit.
But, I agree with you, he needs to have a game plan of what to do in 2017 or better yet, have it lined up before his last day at the current employer.
Wonder, if Samsung girl can help him land a job....hmmmm.....then if he is in a blind spot with her for 30 minutes, I will let you sort out the rest :)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I was assuming that post by Sahib was a part 1 to the story. With a climatic revelation coming in part 2, or maybe part 3???

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My take was:
1. The people he liked as Managers have moved away.
2. Someone he would have liked to be Manager didn't happen and someone who as less qualified is now his boss.
3. Even though he is qualified, he is getting fewer work hours versus someone who is not.
4. On top he is getting pushed to sell something in a way that he is not comfortable

Ergo, he wants to quit.
But, I agree with you, he needs to have a game plan of what to do in 2017 or better yet, have it lined up before his last day at the current employer.
Wonder, if Samsung girl can help him land a job....hmmmm.....then if he is in a blind spot with her for 30 minutes, I will let you sort out the rest :)

I keep forgetting you're the Sahib interpreter. :p

If he would have said it like that, it would have made more sense.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was assuming that post by Sahib was a part 1 to the story. With a climatic revelation coming in part 2, or maybe part 3???

Yeah that's what I was left with as well. However, it kind of looked like he ran out steam writing it. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)