WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So, I've got an odd issue...

Was trying to sell something on EBay and the bid ended last Friday.... Buyer contacted me on Saturday, said they were having issues with EBay app and asked for my paypal accout name... For some reason a red light didn't go off, and figuring people exchange paypal account names all the time to make payments, I gave him the account... anyhow, payment never came... Fast-forward to this morning and I received a payment in my paypal account from a different user that the person on EBay. Not sure how to handle this one? I guess my concern is that the PayPal account that sent the money could have been from a hacked account.

A) send item as if everything is OK?
B) contact EBay and/or Paypal, but not sure what to say/ask.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So, I've got an odd issue...

Was trying to sell something on EBay and the bid ended last Friday.... Buyer contacted me on Saturday, said they were having issues with EBay app and asked for my paypal accout name... For some reason a red light didn't go off, and figuring people exchange paypal account names all the time to make payments, I gave him the account... anyhow, payment never came... Fast-forward to this morning and I received a payment in my paypal account from a different user that the person on EBay. Not sure how to handle this one? I guess my concern is that the PayPal account that sent the money could have been from a hacked account.

A) send item as if everything is OK?
B) contact EBay and/or Paypal, but not sure what to say/ask.

Do not send the item right away.
Find out if the shipping and payee address is verified via PayPal but still don't send it yet.
Get item cleared from eBay so you don't get hit with seller fees.
After that, you might want to send it to the buyer and pocket some extra money sans eBay fees.
Good luck.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

EBay's customer support is a mess. Sent both Ebay and PP an email inquiring about the sale. Both are in no rush to get back to you.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Do not send the item right away.
Find out if the shipping and payee address is verified via PayPal but still don't send it yet.
Get item cleared from eBay so you don't get hit with seller fees.
After that, you might want to send it to the buyer and pocket some extra money sans eBay fees.
Good luck.

It's odd, when I go to PayPal, the balance is showing, but if I go to Activity, there is no transactions listed, so I can't check the address. Maybe it's just taking a little time to show up in the activity?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

OK, when I go through the email, it says I am OK to ship to a specific address and there is an option to print a packing slip.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It's odd, when I go to PayPal, the balance is showing, but if I go to Activity, there is no transactions listed, so I can't check the address. Maybe it's just taking a little time to show up in the activity?
Yup, or if it is a hacked account they might have flagged it. Happens quite a bit.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

OK, when I go through the email, it says I am OK to ship to a specific address and there is an option to print a packing slip.
I would just sit tight for 24 hours.
On eBay you can leave a call back N and they usually contact you within 5 minutes or so.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

IDK if I'll ever use EBay again. This is causing more headaches than it's worth.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Oh, and turns out, the address for the EBay account is the same as the verified address on the PayPal account.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site

Hi I'm curios ! The title says 150k challenge. Looks like another 20k and it will be reached. My question! Then what! :excited: Here you go!

if yuo can raed tihs, you hvae a sgtrane mnid, too.
Can you raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

If you can read this, your brain is 50% faster than those who can't

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Historically, when we reach the challenge point, the thread title gets edited and we set a new challenge point....

Although I'm not sure where to go from here? 200K, 300K?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

and I guess I'm 50% faster, but that and a nickel won't get me a cup of coffee anymore.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Historically, when we reach the challenge point, the thread title gets edited and we set a new challenge point....

Although I'm not sure where to go from here? 200K, 300K?
The rate at which we are crawling it would be logical to put the target as 175K.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo