WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I think my mom might want us kids (me and my siblings) to still do a big birthday for my dad. She hasn't said anything about this in months and I am so scared to ask. He hasn't said anything about wanting one though, but in my mom's case, she assumes that is what he would want. Dad is a January baby so not much time left.

My sibs are kind of short on money at the moment. As for me, not interested in blowing everything for a one day event. To ask or not to ask is the question...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Speaking of parties, there is a work holiday party happening tomorrow for the whole institution (so not just my department). The overall supervisor for our department is closing all of the departments so that all of us could go. I don't want to go but my boss insists on having me go with her. Yay, first overall work party :sweaty:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think my mom might want us kids (me and my siblings) to still do a big birthday for my dad. She hasn't said anything about this in months and I am so scared to ask. He hasn't said anything about wanting one though, but in my mom's case, she assumes that is what he would want. Dad is a January baby so not much time left.

My sibs are kind of short on money at the moment. As for me, not interested in blowing everything for a one day event. To ask or not to ask is the question...

I assume it's a big number for your dad?

Parties don't need to cost a fortune but I guess it depends on what a 'big birthday' is.

I'm not a fan of parties myself.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of parties, there is a work holiday party happening tomorrow for the whole institution (so not just my department). The overall supervisor for our department is closing all of the departments so that all of us could go. I don't want to go but my boss insists on having me go with her. Yay, first overall work party :sweaty:

We had a xmas lunch for our department. I've decided not to partake in the rest of the festivities. I could easily end up going to several lunches but I've had enough personally.

I probably won't bother next year.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I assume it's a big number for your dad?

Parties don't need to cost a fortune but I guess it depends on what a 'big birthday' is.

I'm not a fan of parties myself.

Yeah, he's turning 60. I would say that I exposed my age but kind of already done that lol. He's had 40th and 50th birthday parties, and my mom had those too.

In his case, he has a lot of people that like him and a good amount of friends. We'll have to pay for the DJ (and find one available too), and there's also arranging for the food too. Additionally, extra tables might have to be rented. That's what I mean by a big birthday.

Good to know that I'm not alone, haha. I'm more of a smaller group get-together kind of gal.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

We had a xmas lunch for our department. I've decided not to partake in the rest of the festivities. I could easily end up going to several lunches but I've had enough personally.

I probably won't bother next year.

That's smart! Wait, you have to deal with more than one thing for this holiday season? That sounds busy. There will be a department holiday party coming up, which I would have went to anyway since there's like 14 of us and they know me.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's smart! Wait, you have to deal with more than one thing for this holiday season? That sounds busy. There will be a department holiday party coming up, which I would have went to anyway since there's like 14 of us and they know me.

I work for a very large company. The project I'm on has over 1000 people on it here in the UK. Several thousand in India. A few hundred in the USA. Then there's South Korea and Kazakhstan for construction which I have no idea on the numbers, several thousands? We're not at peak yet.

We have staff, contractors and clients on the project. We had a staff lunch, 53 people (just my department) not the whole staff either, which I went to. There are now other lunches that are going on. I can't be bothered.

We don't have a work xmas party here as such. It's too big.

I'm not much into the large gatherings and I'm not much into drinking either.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, he's turning 60. I would say that I exposed my age but kind of already done that lol. He's had 40th and 50th birthday parties, and my mom had those too.

In his case, he has a lot of people that like him and a good amount of friends. We'll have to pay for the DJ (and find one available too), and there's also arranging for the food too. Additionally, extra tables might have to be rented. That's what I mean by a big birthday.

Good to know that I'm not alone, haha. I'm more of a smaller group get-together kind of gal.

60 is a big number.

Yeah sounds like a lot of work so I don't blame you. I don't recall where you live but anything that involves a DJ is likely to be costly.

I'm far enough off that number that I'm not really thinking about it but I have a big number slowly creeping up on me and I need to sort out what I want to do. I know my wife probably wants to go to either India or South America for her's.

Our 10th wedding anniversary is next year to. Need to sort something out for that as well. We should book early so we avoid paying a fortune. It's unfortunately around peak summer time here in the UK.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm sitting here debating if I should get a rare, used unlocked Lumia 735 just because. I do have too many Windows phones (3 is too many for me for any platform, but still) though (at least to me anyway), but does it make sense to sell one to buy that instead? It has no Band 12 and that helps a lot at work. It will be at the bottom of the daily driver row so it will probably get usage once or twice a week at most.

I thought that doing a camera comparison between the 640 and 650 would help me decide that, but it really hasn't. I'm kind of disappointed. :straight:

The 735 was a nice device, although I felt that the 640 was superior. Good luck with your search.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Why not do something special with Dad, Mom and you and instead of everyone so that you are not blowing away too much of your money? You can still have a small celebration with the entire family for the special day.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

We are having our holiday lunch at a really nice golf course view restaurant (the usual) along with a White Elephant gift exchange that is a hit. I am going to giveaway the Batman Trilogy Blu Ray Disc Set along with a Basketball Bluetooth Marsboy Speaker. That should get people all excited!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

We are having our holiday lunch at a really nice golf course view restaurant (the usual) along with a White Elephant gift exchange that is a hit. I am going to giveaway the Batman Trilogy Blu Ray Disc Set along with a Basketball Bluetooth Marsboy Speaker. That should get people all excited!

What's a basketball Bluetooth Marsboy Speaker?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The 735 was a nice device, although I felt that the 640 was superior. Good luck with your search.

Thank you for the luck! B&H is the only place to find them now. Their Used department is great. To be honest, it's all about the size and feel in hand for me (I really like my iPhone SE) haha. I think I'll try to be good and see if I can sell my 550 first.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

60 is a big number.

Yeah sounds like a lot of work so I don't blame you. I don't recall where you live but anything that involves a DJ is likely to be costly.

I'm far enough off that number that I'm not really thinking about it but I have a big number slowly creeping up on me and I need to sort out what I want to do. I know my wife probably wants to go to either India or South America for her's.

Our 10th wedding anniversary is next year to. Need to sort something out for that as well. We should book early so we avoid paying a fortune. It's unfortunately around peak summer time here in the UK.

Ooh the wedding anniversary sounds exciting! That would be fun, hopefully you two can find a great deal. Hopefully you'll have enough time for the birthday situation. Do you think you'll accept anything massive?

I do know if anyone tries to plan anything big for my 30th (ahh! lol), they will be dead to me. Half joking...but that sociable, life of the party trait that Libras apparently have, missed me.

I'm in the US.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Ooh the wedding anniversary sounds exciting! That would be fun, hopefully you two can find a great deal. Hopefully you'll have enough time for the birthday situation. Do you think you'll accept anything massive?

I do know if anyone tries to plan anything big for my 30th (ahh! lol), they will be dead to me. Half joking...but that sociable, life of the party trait that Libras apparently have, missed me.

I'm in the US.
I'm not into big parties either. I didn't have one for my 30 or 40, so I don't expect one for my 50 either.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm in the US.
I'm pretty easy when it comes to my birthday. I went to Amsterdam for my 40th and went to Prague for another.

It's a few years until the bigger 50 so lots of time to sort that out. Just not sure where I'll be in the world by that time so hard to plan.

Not sure what to do for the wedding anniversary yet. We don't go overboard for that stuff. Will just be a trip somewhere. I wouldn't mind doing a driving trip again through Europe but will see. There's a possibility of my mum coming this year and I only have four weeks vacation.

I do have a lot of long weekends though. 😁

I haven't been to the US for some time... Not in a hurry to return at this point.

Which area of the US?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb