WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

At this point, I think I'll have to keep both my 640 and my 650. I hate that there's no clear winner between the two. My dad is also saying something about keeping it for him in case something happens to his 640 (he's not on Windows 10 Mobile, I wouldn't do that to him).

I think I'll try downgrading it, to see how that goes. I don't expect to last on that OS but why not?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I downgraded the 640 back to 8.1, and now OneDrive can't update because it's not supported anymore. Wow Microsoft. I wish I saw that news somewhere before trying this but eh.

Edit: Yeah no, I can't do this. It was fake nice for the hour and some I used it for but I care too much about app quality (and Instagram Stories) to do this to myself. Lol.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Spent this whole weekend studying physics. Can't even explain how exhausted I am. Test is tomorrow. After that, the rest 4 days of the week are reserved for primarily Bosnian, and a bit of German.
If I get nice grades from those 3, then I'll be 90% done with this semester.

Good luck on your exams!

xpressoz

May 29, 2014
Visit site

Spent this whole weekend studying physics. Can't even explain how exhausted I am. Test is tomorrow. After that, the rest 4 days of the week are reserved for primarily Bosnian, and a bit of German.
If I get nice grades from those 3, then I'll be 90% done with this semester.

Good luck!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I downgraded the 640 back to 8.1, and now OneDrive can't update because it's not supported anymore. Wow Microsoft. I wish I saw that news somewhere before trying this but eh.

Edit: Yeah no, I can't do this. It was fake nice for the hour and some I used it for but I care too much about app quality (and Instagram Stories) to do this to myself. Lol.

I can't imagine myself going back to 8.1, no matter how imperfect WM10 is, I still find it better.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I can't imagine myself going back to 8.1, no matter how imperfect WM10 is, I still find it better.
Fair point. I just had to see it for myself. It does work better but not having certain apps is something I'll rather not deal with. I'll not be doing that again lol.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Got an update for what my dad wants for his 60th birthday from my sister. He doesn't want a party since he and my mom want to travel to Nigeria this year. He's okay with doing that later on but next year, low key for sure. That's a relief.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ultra Mini review of the Google Pixel
I will reserve judgement on the battery life and update you all as time goes by.
1. Fit and finish is excellent - almost Apple esque.
2. This is a true competitor to premium feeling phones. I had both the 5X and 6P last year and there is no contest between those devices and these one.
3. I do think they will address waterproofing and wireless charging next year. For a debut phone this is phenomenal.
4. Feels awesome in hand, snappy as heck and I love the design language. I think even Apple can learn a thing or two.
5. Camera is absolutely stellar. Will start posting pics soon.
6. The 5" screen size works really well for me, fingerprint scanner is snappy.
7. Dat blue color is just gorgeous!!
Thanks for this!

From what you can recall, does it feel noticeably different in size from the Honor 8 or is it more of a slight difference?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think I need a break from buying phones. I should try to go a whole month without buying one, but I don't know if I would make it...:grin:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Following the comments of the article about installing Windows 10 Mobile on older phones, and they are interesting. It's kind of fascinating what people are willing to deal with in the name of having/choosing what they want.

I'm not excluding myself, but this whole thing is really fascinating to me.

Edit: http://www.windowscentral.com/how-well-does-windows-10-mobile-perform-older-hardware in case any lurker is curious

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Man I almost feel bad for being gone for so long 😅 hey guys. I said I wad back last time but I got so busy I never had time for myself

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo