WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Somehow got lost into a UFC fight, which is so not my thing. The ending was worth it though for something that is too long otherwise :straight:

How long can a UFC fight last? As far as I know they're 3 rounds, not more. How would you make it through a boxing match that lasts 12 rounds :D.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Hi There! I realize that I'm APITA. Haven't posted on this thread lately. I'm celebrating a little early. I've had a couple of drinks tonight. I just want to be the first one to wish you a Happy and Prosperous new year. I have been blessed this year. I found Windows Central and made new friends here. IMHO this is the best help forum I have ever been apart of. I'm planning on hanging around here for as long as I'm welcome, so please get use to this old country boy and his weird ways.
The Donald is scaring me and I'm hoping for the best for my country. Surely there are still some smart people left in Washington that will keep America great!
Happy New Year!

Can Trump be that dangerous? I mean, it's not a monarchy or something, there's parliament, senat, etc, etc.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

How long can a UFC fight last? As far as I know they're 3 rounds, not more. How would you make it through a boxing match that lasts 12 rounds :D.
This card was really long. It was about three hours and a half before the second main event came on. You're right that it is three rounds but each of the fights went the whole 3 rounds. There were short commercial breaks between the fights but for context, the event started at 9pm (my time) and the co-event(?) came on at 12:30am or so. The actual main event came on around 1am.

I don't watch boxing haha, but my brother and dad are big fans!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

This card was really long. It was about three hours and a half before the second main event came on. You're right that it is three rounds but each of the fights went the whole 3 rounds.

Then that's just a PITA. I enjoy watching those side events, there are usually two of them before a boxing match, and as far as I recall they don't last full 12 rounds, usually 6 or something. Having too many events before the main one just kills my will to watch and pay attention.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Now to wish all of you a happy and much more relaxed and worry-free 2017. Altough I highly doubt in both of these.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Then that's just a PITA. I enjoy watching those side events, there are usually two of them before a boxing match, and as far as I recall they don't last full 12 rounds, usually 6 or something. Having too many events before the main one just kills my will to watch and pay attention.
That makes sense to me. It was one, really funny considering that Rousey was KOed(?) in 48 seconds!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I really enjoyed last night, this was probably the last year the whole company is together, so that made things even more, how should I put it, more attached and kind of emotional. Nevertheless I still got drunk, more than a couple of drinks too many. Even though I had smarter things to do that night, how I wish I had.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I said I was going for 4.9, ended up with 4,69. I can't complain. Didn't really study Bosnian (though professor was more than unfair, a friend who had worse grades than me got a final A, he even corrected one B to A), physics wise, professor acted like a total *****, she took points on that test in places it was both possible and unimaginable, I wasn't the only one she screwed up. And there's German left, I made a deal with professor that I'll take a B, but he'll have to be more loose with me next year (really weird methods, but, what can I do about it)

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I still have my hopes on going to Austria to college. Parents are seriously discussing and planing it. The first obstacle I need to cross is getting accepted to our Electrical engineering college. It shouldn't be a problem getting in, but getting a full free scholarship, for that, I need to be in top 100 applicants (25 for each department). That means at least 86 total points, not an easy, but still possible task.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I still have my hopes on going to Austria to college. Parents are seriously discussing and planing it. The first obstacle I need to cross is getting accepted to our Electrical engineering college. It shouldn't be a problem getting in, but getting a full free scholarship, for that, I need to be in top 100 applicants (25 for each department). That means at least 86 total points, not an easy, but still possible task.

Good luck! I hope you will be able to get a scholarship.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yes good luck!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Trying an experiment of turning off all notifications for a month (aside from calendar, phone, texts and the least annoying Slack notification option) on my phones and that has felt odd but peaceful so far.

An odd but "oh that makes sense" benefit of this is that I have no more stuck tiles on my Lumia for third party apps. I have enjoyed that a lot because having stuck live tiles is really one of the most annoying things to have.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Speaking of phones, I just read a tech resolution here about someone sticking with one phone for more than a month. I can't say that would be a resolution of mine for sure but that could be interesting to try, but let's go with a month first. Now I should consider what phone I want to try this with...but I think I already know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb