WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Haha, it's whatever you wanted it to be. That's good!
Mine was good, it was a struggle waking up early again today.

Well I wanted it to be a trip to somewhere in the sun but the cost of travel around Xmas is extortionate.

I didn't sleep well Monday night.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well I wanted it to be a trip to somewhere in the sun but the cost of travel around Xmas is extortionate.

I didn't sleep well Monday night.

Ohh okay.

Yeah that's not a pleasant way to start things. I hope that it'll get better for you. Weird that you say that, I didn't either but that goes for last night.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ohh okay.

Yeah that's not a pleasant way to start things. I hope that it'll get better for you. Weird that you say that, I didn't either but that goes for last night.

Well to be honest I should correct that. We were hoping to see family (in Europe) at Xmas or go somewhere sunny (i.e. South of France).

To see family the tickets were about 4X the typical return ticket price. South of France was about 3X.

We also would have needed a car for either place and accommodation for the South of France.

So that's why we didn't go. Prices were just crazy.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Back at work since yesterday. It is a bit crazy. Car had some trouble so I had to sort that out yesterday. Luckily it was only the radiator cap. Have too much else going on at work though. Reviews, supplier issues, scheduling training sessions, on and on the list goes...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

When I read that it sounded like you were planing on wheeling an dealing. :p

I'm not sure where you plan to work in the future but all countries are different in their work culture and within each company they are different as well. Some companies can feel very stifling working at them. Not a nice environment at all.

So it's good to know what you're getting into. Research the company and ask questions at interviews. Determine if it works for you as well as you working for them. Interviews are a two way street. If you're desperate, sure, take any job, but don't get trapped in the BS.

That's all I was getting at.

That's like, second time in my whole life I've heard that idiom :D, and unfortunately it's a common thing in my country. The saddest part is that it's probably the only way to make a good living. That's why I'm trying to leave. I know, brain drain, bla bla, but I just don't care anymore. If that's what it takes to have a better life, then I'll be glad to be a part of that statistic.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site

Middle of the week people but we are getting there!
One day to me, is just like any other day. I'm retarded; I mean retired! Been there sense 1993. Retired from AT&T. You all will get there some day. Then you can spend every day here on WC aggravating the staff with your wild replies. Is this a great forum or what! LMAO
In my work days Wednesday was know as hump day. Meaning your over the hump and waiting for Friday.
hump day
The middle of a work week (Wednesday); used in the context of climbing a proverbial hill to get through a tough week.
After hump day, the weekend gets closer.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site

Here you go. All you people that still have to work for a living! I like to have a little fun some times. Takes off this terrible pressure I have on me to make a good hand here on Windows Central. LMAO

Attachments

• hump day.jpg
    hump day.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 20

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So the Blackberry "Mercury" was teased today at CES and wow it looks so good. I really like how unique it looks. I have been waiting to hear a bit about this phone and see more pictures of it as well.

I'm oddly glad that it would be too tall for me, because now that means that I have a break from my phone lust for a month at least :grin: Depends on the specs and phone sizes that Nokia will announce at MWC next month but since there's nothing set in stone there, my lust can get some REM sleep. xd

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well to be honest I should correct that. We were hoping to see family (in Europe) at Xmas or go somewhere sunny (i.e. South of France).

To see family the tickets were about 4X the typical return ticket price. South of France was about 3X.

We also would have needed a car for either place and accommodation for the South of France.

So that's why we didn't go. Prices were just crazy.
Wow that does sound like it can get expensive very quickly!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Something weird happen with the resolution on my PC. I didn't do anything, I just turned it on and it was all messy. Icons were large even though they were set to small, as well as taskbar and start menu. I haven't figured out how to get it back to normal.
I managed to tweak it a little bit by adjusting the resolution and settting the small icons on taskbar, also unzooming the Chrome to 75%. I don't need to explain how awkward this looks.
Anyone here with the real solution?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Something weird happen with the resolution on my PC. I didn't do anything, I just turned it on and it was all messy. Icons were large even though they were set to small, as well as taskbar and start menu. I haven't figured out how to get it back to normal.
I managed to tweak it a little bit by adjusting the resolution and settting the small icons on taskbar, also unzooming the Chrome to 75%. I don't need to explain how awkward this looks.
Anyone here with the real solution?

That's a driver issue. You either have a bad driver installation, no driver or the card/chip is toast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234