WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Kind of into school bus conversions at the moment. Anyone else here find them interesting or is it just me?

I don't think I would live in one but so fascinating and some are really good, like this one

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not to bore anyone with what's going on here in the UK...

Tomorrow our illustrious leader will finally give details on their exit plan from the EU. I expect a lot fluff with the details hidden in it.

It's not looking like a good day for the UK tomorrow.... nope.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

It's not looking like a good day for the US this Friday either with the Orange Toad's inauguration.

The lunatics are running the asylum. God help the world.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, it's quite evident that the orange toad is allowing the Republican party to steer his presidency and our country towards tribal fear and division, anti logic and reason, and questionable trade policies. In other words, back to the 1980s. :( I guess the only thing different is potential Russian relations. But, I'm not so sure that the fact that Trump has a massive man-crush on Putin is a good thing.
I'm assuming that Britain is heading in that general direction, as well???

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's not looking like a good day for the US this Friday either with the Orange Toad's inauguration.

The lunatics are running the asylum. God help the world.

Our government wants to get in bed with the US.... says it all doesn't it?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, it's quite evident that the orange toad is allowing the Republican party to steer his presidency and our country towards tribal fear and division, anti logic and reason, and questionable trade policies. In other words, back to the 1980s. :( I guess the only thing different is potential Russian relations. But, I'm not so sure that the fact that Trump has a massive man-crush on Putin is a good thing.
I'm assuming that Britain is heading in that general direction, as well???

Sounds like Britain except for the Russia part but then, they may change their tune once we're out of EU and the USA's lap dog.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I recently watched the CNN documentary called The Eighties. The parallels of what was going on then and what is starting to happen now is pretty interesting. Worth a watch of you have Netflix.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I recently watched the CNN documentary called The Eighties. The parallels of what was going on then and what is starting to happen now is pretty interesting. Worth a watch of you have Netflix.

The problem is that Netflix is regional locked, or it was the last time I used it. However, I have other means at my disposal. :D

Weirdly, I don't recall things being this bad in the 80s.... sure Regan and Thatcher were nasty people and brought about a highly conservative mindset to the world where value of someone is more important than the actual person, money and 'wining' is king. But what's going on now appears much more sinister.

This is more like that 1930s than that 80s to me. Populism politics has always been a mainstay of US politics but what's going on now is not a pretty sight at all. It's like we went back to a time when tolerance and justice had little backbone. Brash and proud of it. Not good really.

I'm just not sure what's happened here. It's like it's a dormant volcano that's gone off and the lava hasn't stopped.

It's going to take more than comedians to change this thinking....

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

The Eighties as a whole were not horrible. It's the ultra conservative mindset prevalent in the 80s that I'm scared of. It's making a comeback with a vengeance. The ongoings of the business world are somewhat foreign to me, so I can't really comment on economics. I should be more knowledgeable on that subject. My main concern, and the reason that I teach, is to show people how to use logic, evidence, and reasoning to make decisions. I thought we were making headway as a country, but....No. :(

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Actually, as far as tribalism and fear-mongering go, the 80s were quite bad.

Yeah it was pretty bad back then, tribalism was a very strong mindset in the 80s, even down to the type of music you listened to. The aids epidemic didn't help with that either.

The media played a big role in promoting it as well. All the Vietnam war movies, other war movies with the 'American hero', fear of Russia movies... etc.

I think there's ideology that the world can return to the 'great 80s' with high interest rates for the wealthy to make loads and jobs for everyone. The trickle down economy, yet again...

Thing is, the world of the 80s no longer exists and to try to return to that would take a lot of disruption and possibly war.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The Eighties as a whole were not horrible. It's the ultra conservative mindset prevalent in the 80s that I'm scared of. It's making a comeback with a vengeance. The ongoings of the business world are somewhat foreign to me, so I can't really comment on economics. I should be more knowledgeable on that subject. My main concern, and the reason that I teach, is to show people how to use logic, evidence, and reasoning to make decisions. I thought we were making headway as a country, but....No. :(

The good thing that the 80s brought was good music. A lot was very anti establishment. Political without seeming like it. The fashion was another thing... though seeming making somewhat of a come back.

Ultra conservatism hasn't gone anywhere. The Republican party is full of them. Also lots of bought MPs from big business. Not saying the Democrats are any better though.

Ever since 'shareholders' those faceless people that seem to own everything, has become the companies main concern and shareholders only want their big dividend, business has had to change. Not for the better. Accounting has taken over the world. Not a good thing. When it's all about money and driving consumerism this is what we have. A race to the bottom and offshoring.

When 8 of the wealthiest people have the same level of income as 50% of the world population, then you know things have gone real bad.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I so hope for the UK to crash and burn like it deserves to. I got two Brexit people in my vicinity. Sigh. Can't wait to ditch this crappy country.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I so hope for the UK to crash and burn like it deserves to. I got two Brexit people in my vicinity. Sigh. Can't wait to ditch this crappy country.
Question is: Where would you like to live other than the UK or USA?
I went to New Zealand a few years ago and loved it there. Curious as to where you'd like to go.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Question is: Where would you like to live other than the UK or USA?
I went to New Zealand a few years ago and loved it there. Curious as to where you'd like to go.
I'm a citizen of Australia, Canada and married to an EU citizen. The world is my oyster more or less.

We're thinking south of France as one option. We have several ideas.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the advice LaRue and MIA. We are about halfway through getting all of the wedding things done - I've designed custom invitations we're just finishing and posting them out in the next couple of weeks, alongside getting DJ, florist etc sorted. Still need to decide on a honeymoon place too - want somewhere where we won't be in temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius night and day - we were thinking of Italy but it might be too hot but then we thought New Zealand, but then it's winter over there so not ideal... any ideas?

On top of this we've also getting a new place, so within the next month or two we'll be looking into properties, mortgages etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss