WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It's not just climate change that has this problem and unfortunately not just a USA issue.

Usually people get hung up on the word theory when it comes to science, not realising of course that everything in science is a theory.

There's been a large effort by certain groups to discredit science in general but usually attacks specific things like evolution, climate change and astronomy.

The people who usually disagree with climate change, usually disagree with the other two I mentioned and typically votes republican.

Need I say more?

I've got nothing against people who vote for republicans, but I do have against ignorants.
I've been watching flat earth theory videos lately, and I can tell you, just watch it, you'll have a good laugh. They're saying that the water shouldn't be able to stay in the Earth if it's round, why? Because it gets sprayed from spining balls. Or that there's the edge of the world where Antartica ends. Just watch the videos.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

But yes, I have an idea of how an old disease could infect and kill many people. Maybe like bubonic plague.

Not to scare you but the bubonic plague is still around. It hasn't been eradicated. It's risen three times killing millions and has had small outbreaks into the 1900s.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've got nothing against people who vote for republicans, but I do have against ignorants.
I've been watching flat earth theory videos lately, and I can tell you, just watch it, you'll have a good laugh. They're saying that the water shouldn't be able to stay in the Earth if it's round, why? Because it gets sprayed from spining balls. Or that there's the edge of the world where Antartica ends. Just watch the videos.

I have seen flat earth videos. I don't need to be reminded how ignorant they are. :p

Hard to believe they're still around... sigh.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I don't know about Oprah, I never really watched her, it all seemed to me as sensationalism and I simply hate that.

Bill Maher, hm, sometimes he really seems like a good guy, but others times he's acting like a total ********* with that I-know-it-all attitude.

And, aren't you obligated by the law to have your kid vaccinated?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't know about Oprah, I never really watched her, it all seemed to me as sensationalism and I simply hate that.

Bill Maher, hm, sometimes he really seems like a good guy, but others times he's acting like a total ********* with that I-know-it-all attitude.

And, aren't you obligated by the law to have your kid vaccinated?

No it's not a law but there has been some statements by schools that they will not allow unvaccinated kids in their schools.

Also, there are a lot of home schooled kids as well. Some of the parents who home school are against vaccination. Some use 'religious' reasons not to.

If you look on YouTube you may find the Oprah - Jenny McCarthy interview. You may not want to watch it as you might want to throw things afterwards.

Oprah's early stuff was sensationalism. Her later stuff was more 'thoughtful' but probably worse as it's brought about this idea that logic is too harsh and feelings is more important and then applying that to everything.

I'm no fan of Oprah. All those years on TV and never once had a scientist on or anyone who didn't 'fit' into her idealism. Very dangerous person. I partially blame her for the mindlessness we have now.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've got nothing against people who vote for republicans, but I do have against ignorants..

They usually are the same people in this instance. I don't think there's anything wrong with political idealism however ignorance has become sort of staple of the republicans and most other conservative parties.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Try the dark theme, go to your menu then click the moon icon in the bottom right. It's nice.

What specifically isn't working for you? I noticed the social menu items don't work yet but its a work in progress.

That's a nice list of places - thanks, I'll look into them!

I would suggest South Africa, Peru, Colombia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Bali (Indonesia), Iceland, Vancouver along with the names suggested by N_LaRUE. And if honeymoon is in July timeframe I do recommend Seattle/Portland or Maine/Nova Scotia on the eastern seaboard as well.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I would suggest South Africa, Peru, Colombia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Bali (Indonesia), Iceland, Vancouver along with the names suggested by N_LaRUE. And if honeymoon is in July timeframe I do recommend Seattle/Portland or Maine/Nova Scotia on the eastern seaboard as well.

Oh and if you want a brown board tour (national parks / national forest / national monument) in the USA, ping me. I'll help you out. I pretty much saw everything in CO, UT, NM, AZ, NV, OR, WA, CA on a couple of roadtrips a few years back. The only big items are in Wyoming for me now and one in Montana.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I didn't understand my sister's annoyance with voice messages in apps like whatsapp and the like until I started receiving them myself. With connections going in and out at work (weak signal at work, wifi goes in and out, so it's hopeless), can't listen to it unless I decide to leave my office.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So we booked Santorini for our tenth anniversary this year. :)

My wife has been wanting to go there since she was young.

I'm looking forward to it. :D

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

I'm trying out the new forum update. Looks good so far (and cleaner too) but it's undoubtably incomplete. There's no question the Mobile Nations forums needed updating. lol

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I think they're doing a good job so far! Room for improvement but I'm loving the dark theme especially.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

No it's not a law but there has been some statements by schools that they will not allow unvaccinated kids in their schools.

Also, there are a lot of home schooled kids as well. Some of the parents who home school are against vaccination. Some use 'religious' reasons not to.

If you look on YouTube you may find the Oprah - Jenny McCarthy interview. You may not want to watch it as you might want to throw things afterwards.

Oprah's early stuff was sensationalism. Her later stuff was more 'thoughtful' but probably worse as it's brought about this idea that logic is too harsh and feelings is more important and then applying that to everything.

I'm no fan of Oprah. All those years on TV and never once had a scientist on or anyone who didn't 'fit' into her idealism. Very dangerous person. I partially blame her for the mindlessness we have now.

I've never understood the home schooling thing, how does it go? I mean, does it count? Do you get a regular diploma or what? It totally confuses me. And who the hell thought that parents know more about each subject than people who work in schools and had actually went to schools to know these things?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

They usually are the same people in this instance. I don't think there's anything wrong with political idealism however ignorance has become sort of staple of the republicans and most other conservative parties.

We have that here as well, that's why I welcomed Americans to Balkans. There's no normal party here, that's based on honesty, respect and actual knowledge and quality. They all have this one personality that controls everything and is in centre of attention. Like a cult of personality.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I was texting my friends to invite them to my birthday party, and I've realised, they're all in relationships. It's like, out of 5 closest friends, 4 of them have girlfriends. It's just me and another friend that are single. The funniest thing is that they've been in those relationships for some time now. Either I'm getting old (and that I definitely am not) or I'm still stuck with my irresponsible "me". I've been avoiding girls, well, for quite some time now, and have turned down many, maybe it's time to get serious? Or perhaps not?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss