WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

We have that here as well, that's why I welcomed Americans to Balkans. There's no normal party here, that's based on honesty, respect and actual knowledge and quality. They all have this one personality that controls everything and is in centre of attention. Like a cult of personality.
I think you just described politics the world over...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've never understood the home schooling thing, how does it go? I mean, does it count? Do you get a regular diploma or what? It totally confuses me. And who the hell thought that parents know more about each subject than people who work in schools and had actually went to schools to know these things?
There are various programmes you can use. Some are better than others of course.

To get a diploma it has to be a recognised programme and you can be admitted to university or college with it.

Problem is of course that in the USA with the continuous watering down of the education system it's become easier to get certified and there are a few questionable programmes out there.

Since passing tests is the primary end game most concentrate on getting students to pass those tests. It didn't necessarily mean they're getting a good education.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was texting my friends to invite them to my birthday party, and I've realised, they're all in relationships. It's like, out of 5 closest friends, 4 of them have girlfriends. It's just me and another friend that are single. The funniest thing is that they've been in those relationships for some time now. Either I'm getting old (and that I definitely am not) or I'm still stuck with my irresponsible "me". I've been avoiding girls, well, for quite some time now, and have turned down many, maybe it's time to get serious? Or perhaps not?
No need to get too serious while still young.

Though being in a relationship does help one to adjust to being with another person in their lives.

Saying that, just enjoy. You have plans and ideas so it's probably best to not to get committed to someone else at this point in your life.

Though sometime things just happen. 😁

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

No need to get too serious while still young.

Though being in a relationship does help one to adjust to being with another person in their lives.

Saying that, just enjoy. You have plans and ideas so it's probably best to not to get committed to someone else at this point in your life.

Though sometime things just happen. 😁

Plans are the main reason I've been avoiding having a relationship. I do want to "settle down", but there's so many things I want to achieve first before that happens. Getting accepted to Graz is one of them, and then there'a career and so on. And well, I just can't fit any girl into my schedule :D.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Winter break has been extended until 30. of January. I don't know if I like it, I got bored at home.

Last edited:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Remember when I told you I was at my friend's band's gig? Well they will be playing in one of the biggest pubs in Sarajevo in Saturday. For a band that's 3 months old, it's a huge thing.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So I am going to Chicago and Minneapolis next week to freeze my posterior again. On the other hand it's raining here again.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Also in the first week of next month I get to
1. Celebrate a birthday of a friend together after 22 years. Moving 10k miles away from home will do that sometimes.
2. Visit some friends who I haven't seen for ages.
3. Surprise my dad for a big birthday. Haven't been with him on his birthday for 22 years as well.
4. Go see a new country, albeit for a short duration of 20 hours and visit another friend who I haven't seen since 1995.

It's going to be a big nostalgia trip with a ton of flying in 10 days.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Also in the first week of next month I get to
1. Celebrate a birthday of a friend together after 22 years. Moving 10k miles away from home will do that sometimes.
2. Visit some friends who I haven't seen for ages.
3. Surprise my dad for a big birthday. Haven't been with him on his birthday for 22 years as well.
4. Go see a new country, albeit for a short duration of 20 hours and visit another friend who I haven't seen since 1995.

It's going to be a big nostalgia trip with a ton of flying in 10 days.

Wow you have busy weeks coming up! Sounds fun, aside from the cold. Kind of want to visit Chicago someday too.

Whoa 10k miles is far! If I can ask (you don't have to answer), why so far away? Work, choice, something new?

I have been wondering if I should really be where I currently am or if I am just here because of family. I'm not opposed to this area but I don't think I could go out as far as you have.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wow you have busy weeks coming up! Sounds fun, aside from the cold. Kind of want to visit Chicago someday too.

Whoa 10k miles is far! If I can ask (you don't have to answer), why so far away? Work, choice, something new?

I have been wondering if I should really be where I currently am or if I am just here because of family. I'm not opposed to this area but I don't think I could go out as far as you have.

I'll let 99 answer this as I'm sure he will.

To give perspective, when I lived in Brisbane I was over 15,000 km (about 10k miles) from family in Toronto. I'm currently 5600 km. So less than half the distance.

Moving away from family comes down to your connection with family. My family has never been really close to one another and sometimes opportunities come along that mean you have a choice to make. I've made my choices and that's why I'm here.

The good thing is that these days, getting back is a lot faster but still not overly cheap. That's why visits are few and far between.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'll let 99 answer this as I'm sure he will.

To give perspective, when I lived in Brisbane I was over 15,000 km (about 10k miles) from family in Toronto. I'm currently 5600 km. So less than half the distance.

Moving away from family comes down to your connection with family. My family has never been really close to one another and sometimes opportunities come along that mean you have a choice to make. I've made my choices and that's why I'm here.

The good thing is that these days, getting back is a lot faster but still not overly cheap. That's why visits are few and far between.

Thanks for answering! I was also thinking of you when I typed that question as well, since I remember that you are from Canada and you're an ocean away or so. That makes sense to me. Sounds like the choice was worth it for you.

Is it crazy that I'm interested in the idea of living somewhere that would fit me? Would you say that you have lived in a place that you have felt that way? Where I am now is very family oriented which isn't terrible by any means, but not really fitting for a 27 year old that has no desires for a family unit.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Is it crazy that I'm interested in the idea of living somewhere that would fit me? Would you say that you have lived in a place that you have felt that way? Where I am now is very family oriented which isn't terrible by any means, but not really fitting for a 27 year old that has no desires for a family unit.

Yeah I can relate. My wife and I have no kids so living in the 'burbs' isn't appealing.

I prefer a more city style living with stuff to do. I grew up in a fairly large city so it kind of appeals. I know cities are not for everyone.

However, there is an appeal to areas that have a mixture of city/town and rural and close to the sea. My wife and I both like seaside. Though we live near the sea now it's not exactly where we want to be. So our next step is to get to where we want to be. :)

The best thing to do is to sort out what works for you, what you like and where you want to be. It doesn't need to be permanent but having the experience can be fulfilling. Also keep in mind work prospects and all that. If you recall I pointed out those holiday visas as one option. There's many others available. Then there's simply moving to the nearest city or another state entirely in the US.

Lots of options. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers