WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Why not get a V20 and then there's no need for any kind of DAC?
And don't expect any better battery life on current builds. Or better stability. Or anything better. It's just a bigger mess than it was.

A G5 + HiFI DAC module is cheaper than a V20, that's why.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They should also change position of the additional screen on the V20. I believe it would be much more useful if it was on the bottom instead of on the top of the device.
I'm not liking the whole modular thing, mostly because they don't really offer anything better or new. I'm not just talking about the G5 here, I'm reffering to Moto Z as well.

I don't mind the position of the second screen, honestly. I just wish LG lightened up their skin and had put a bigger battery in the V20. It doesn't seem like a lot but a 3600mah removable battery would have been nice.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You know, back in the day I'd do a review on both the Moto 360 Sport a few months later review and the Huawei watch review.

Here the short version...I like the 360 Sport. I'd prefer if you could have replaced the bands or Moto had used better looking silicone as I'd have gotten it in black instead. Otherwise, it's responsive as does the job. The Huawei watch is nice. The motor vibrates as loud as a lawn mower though, so I keep in it do not disturb mood when seeing clients.

Overall they both hit their marks and I like them. What I would have preferred was something that had a sharper version of Moto Sport's display with the ambient light sensor done like the Gear S3 and making the bands swappable. I wanted the black Huawei watch, but it was too expensive. That one would have made swapping multiple bands more fun. The bands I got are nice...Picked up a coffee brown to go with my work shoes, a light brown for weekend wear and a steel Milanese loop that looks great. May add a red and a second black band (no plans to use the OEM band).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Saw something weird today. Why does this exist? I didn't buy one, didn't want to try it.

989585c6ae26e1c0de2ad56ca59f0310.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This app is atrocious. Once again, I can not quote you Rue.

I've got nothing against feminist and liberals, they present some really nobel ideas, but I have a huge problem with feminazis, and they're definitely real. Some of them don't quite understand what equality means. Let me give you an example. Feminist want equality in politics, but their equality means that there are specially reserved places for women on government positions. So it doesn't matter that some guy got more votes, that place's reserved for female representative. It's not equal when you have something guaranteed.

Also, I'm not seeing women fighting to go to war, or in mines.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a schovinist, I'm just putting out my opinion.

I see you're up on the 'bash' terms that a lot of men sites use to belittle the feminist movement.

I'm going to use my personal experience here. I'm not always up for talking about myself but in this instance I can at least relate to it.

Anyone easily offended by the term atheist or anti-theist might want to bypass this post.

So I mentioned in an earlier post I'm an atheist, I'm also anti-theist. I've been one since about my early 20's (probably a touch earlier). However at the time I didn't think much of it. Generally kept it to myself, didn't see any point in admitting it, went about my life without much thought.

In 2006 a book came out which changed my opinion about that and my thinking towards more activism thoughts. The book was The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. Aside from clarifying my own personal thoughts on things it also opened my mind up to more scientific thinking.

The term 'New Atheists' was coined as a way of insult, to differentiate from the 'Old Atheist' and other terms emerged to try to make atheist appear 'mean, nasty and horrible'. The most laughable of these is the term 'fundamentalist atheist' which is so ridiculous because there is no doctrine in being an atheist. However, the whole exercise was to belittle, undermine and generally try to shut up atheists. Now that's not to say that some atheists aren't jerks or that some aren't more provocative than others, Christopher Hitchens is a good example of this.

The thing is you need a variety of people when you have movements. Some will come across more strident than others. They will say things that will generally upset you. Make you angry. Make you question things. Evoke emotion. But that's a good thing.

Now these popular atheists have had death threats, insults and so on thrown at them. (If you want to listen to something really funny, I highly recommend you find the YouTube video of Richard Dawkins reading his hate mail. It's really amusing.) It's part and parcel of being a popular person in a movement.

Now what's my point in this? Well we have a 'new' feminist movement. Kind of interesting how the word new seems to keep cropping up as a way of differentiating between the original movement and today. A lot of the same tropes that were used in the New Atheist movement are now being used in current feminist movement. In a bizarre twist of irony in this is that the new feminist movement has ended up dividing the new atheist movement. You can't make this stuff up I tell ya.

One of the bigger issues here is that when we talk about feminism a lot gets lost in some very basic facts. Women make up 50% of the population (actually a little more if memory serves) however they are hugely under represented in politics, employment and generally seen as second class citizens. Which is pretty sad when you think about that and let it sink in.

Here's something to get your head around. Science has recently found that the male brain and the female brain are no different. There's always been this assumption it was but it isn't. Also the nonsense about right and left brain is incorrect as well. There is only one real thing that differentiates women from men. That is they can get pregnant. Yes their bodies are a bit different and they are generally not as strong but on the whole that's the usual sticking point. Is it right to discriminate a whole 50% of the population simply because they have a womb and give birth? Because to put it in the simplest terms, that's what being done.

Our perception of what makes a woman or a man is purely cultural. There's more and more studies being done on this but they're finding that our preconceived ideas about sexual identity is purely a cultural abstract of what we expect. You could say we've gone out of our way to make a man 'X' and a women 'Y' simply because of physical difference and not for any other reason.

The new feminist movement needs provocateurs as much as the New Atheist movement did and still does. Without them we don't have a movement. The worrying thing however is that for the simple reason it's women, there's this feeling that it's OK to 'shock' a woman back to being 'a women' by saying simply vile things. People (mostly men) feel justified in doing so. Without much thought on what their words or threats mean to that person. Most male provocateurs don't get gang rape threats.

The term feminazi might seem amusing but you miss the point of it. It's sole purpose is to shut down conversation. To belittle, to subdue. These words are there to generalise and stereotype feminist. Just like other insults typically thrown at feminist. It's no different than someone calling me a fundamental atheist. Though I find it amusing it amounts to the same thing.

Now I'm not saying that everything about a movement is good there are always people taking things to extremes but that shouldn't detract from the message. That being that women are more than just things. They have desires outside of wanting to bear children. They are as human as men and that their desires are worthwhile.

I know that a lot of women don't necessarily agree with a quota systems for work places but sometimes you need to start somewhere. Sometimes you need to force an issue. It's OK to disagree with that but you need to look at the bigger picture.

Even though there was a feminist movement so many years ago, isn't it interesting that we're still at the same place in some ways so many years later? The main question you should be asking is why is a movement even necessary?

Lastly, it's chauvinist. ;)

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I had no idea how to spell that god damn word, so thanks for that :D.

That was a long read. And I do agree with the scientific facts you've just presented, as I said in previous posts, you don't get to choose to believe in science, it is the way it is and you can't do anything about it.

I just don't think there's need for women march in USA. That's my opinion. If it was in some 3rd world country, okay, but US, come on.

And about atheist, I've never insulted any atheist in my life, so I don't really like it when they insult me. And that happens all the time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I had no idea how to spell that god damn word, so thanks for that :D.

That was a long read. And I do agree with the scientific facts you've just presented, as I said in previous posts, you don't get to choose to believe in science, it is the way it is and you can't do anything about it.

I just don't think there's need for women march in USA. That's my opinion. If it was in some 3rd world country, okay, but US, come on.

And about atheist, I've never insulted any atheist in my life, so I don't really like it when they insult me. And that happens all the time.

I did mention that some atheist are jerks.

The marching wasn't just in the US and maybe you don't understand that context. There was every justification for the march. A misogynistic jerk is in office. He's going to deliver every Republican wet dream of wiping women's rights away. There's a very long history, more than I want to type really, but there's been a long running battle of women's rights to determine their reproductive rights and other rights and those of the far right wingers. It's been going for some time.

Here's something to think about. When abortions are available without shame women get them done safely and with care. They don't just get them because. However, when that ability is removed the service goes underground. Women die and feel ashamed.

There's more but that's a good starting point.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Be very careful using statements like that. Yes science is science but it should never be treated like dogma. Science is evidence based and goes where the evidence points to. Doesn't mean that things can't be overturned. Every single science discovery and theory can be overruled if enough evidence is shown to disprove it. Most scientist would be more than overjoyed about the idea too because it makes things interesting.

Most people don't get that.

Science is constantly moving. As more information comes in it adds, subtracts and changes our views.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I did mention that some atheist are jerks.

The marching wasn't just in the US and maybe you don't understand that context. There was every justification for the march. A misogynistic jerk is in office. He's going to deliver every Republican wet dream of wiping women's rights away. There's a very long history, more than I want to type really, but there's been a long running battle of women's rights to determine their reproductive rights and other rights and those of the far right wingers. It's been going for some time.

Here's something to think about. When abortions are available without shame women get them done safely and with care. They don't just get them because. However, when that ability is removed the service goes underground. Women die and feel ashamed.

There's more but that's a good starting point.

This (and also the other points you shared earlier).
I wish that there was an applause emoji.

It's ridiculous and scary. I'm not a fan in general, but I'm surely not a fan as a lady myself. It needs to be left alone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I see you're up on the 'bash' terms that a lot of men sites use to belittle the feminist movement.

I'm going to use my personal experience here. I'm not always up for talking about myself but in this instance I can at least relate to it.

Anyone easily offended by the term atheist or anti-theist might want to bypass this post.

So I mentioned in an earlier post I'm an atheist, I'm also anti-theist. I've been one since about my early 20's (probably a touch earlier). However at the time I didn't think much of it. Generally kept it to myself, didn't see any point in admitting it, went about my life without much thought.

In 2006 a book came out which changed my opinion about that and my thinking towards more activism thoughts. The book was The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. Aside from clarifying my own personal thoughts on things it also opened my mind up to more scientific thinking.

The term 'New Atheists' was coined as a way of insult, to differentiate from the 'Old Atheist' and other terms emerged to try to make atheist appear 'mean, nasty and horrible'. The most laughable of these is the term 'fundamentalist atheist' which is so ridiculous because there is no doctrine in being an atheist. However, the whole exercise was to belittle, undermine and generally try to shut up atheists. Now that's not to say that some atheists aren't jerks or that some aren't more provocative than others, Christopher Hitchens is a good example of this.

The thing is you need a variety of people when you have movements. Some will come across more strident than others. They will say things that will generally upset you. Make you angry. Make you question things. Evoke emotion. But that's a good thing.

Now these popular atheists have had death threats, insults and so on thrown at them. (If you want to listen to something really funny, I highly recommend you find the YouTube video of Richard Dawkins reading his hate mail. It's really amusing.) It's part and parcel of being a popular person in a movement.

Now what's my point in this? Well we have a 'new' feminist movement. Kind of interesting how the word new seems to keep cropping up as a way of differentiating between the original movement and today. A lot of the same tropes that were used in the New Atheist movement are now being used in current feminist movement. In a bizarre twist of irony in this is that the new feminist movement has ended up dividing the new atheist movement. You can't make this stuff up I tell ya.

One of the bigger issues here is that when we talk about feminism a lot gets lost in some very basic facts. Women make up 50% of the population (actually a little more if memory serves) however they are hugely under represented in politics, employment and generally seen as second class citizens. Which is pretty sad when you think about that and let it sink in.

Here's something to get your head around. Science has recently found that the male brain and the female brain are no different. There's always been this assumption it was but it isn't. Also the nonsense about right and left brain is incorrect as well. There is only one real thing that differentiates women from men. That is they can get pregnant. Yes their bodies are a bit different and they are generally not as strong but on the whole that's the usual sticking point. Is it right to discriminate a whole 50% of the population simply because they have a womb and give birth? Because to put it in the simplest terms, that's what being done.

Our perception of what makes a woman or a man is purely cultural. There's more and more studies being done on this but they're finding that our preconceived ideas about sexual identity is purely a cultural abstract of what we expect. You could say we've gone out of our way to make a man 'X' and a women 'Y' simply because of physical difference and not for any other reason.

The new feminist movement needs provocateurs as much as the New Atheist movement did and still does. Without them we don't have a movement. The worrying thing however is that for the simple reason it's women, there's this feeling that it's OK to 'shock' a woman back to being 'a women' by saying simply vile things. People (mostly men) feel justified in doing so. Without much thought on what their words or threats mean to that person. Most male provocateurs don't get gang rape threats.

The term feminazi might seem amusing but you miss the point of it. It's sole purpose is to shut down conversation. To belittle, to subdue. These words are there to generalise and stereotype feminist. Just like other insults typically thrown at feminist. It's no different than someone calling me a fundamental atheist. Though I find it amusing it amounts to the same thing.

Now I'm not saying that everything about a movement is good there are always people taking things to extremes but that shouldn't detract from the message. That being that women are more than just things. They have desires outside of wanting to bear children. They are as human as men and that their desires are worthwhile.

I know that a lot of women don't necessarily agree with a quota systems for work places but sometimes you need to start somewhere. Sometimes you need to force an issue. It's OK to disagree with that but you need to look at the bigger picture.

Even though there was a feminist movement so many years ago, isn't it interesting that we're still at the same place in some ways so many years later? The main question you should be asking is why is a movement even necessary?

Lastly, it's chauvinist. ;)

Rose needs to Google "First Wave Feminism", "Second Wave Feminism" and "Third Wave Feminism". Oh, and please Google scholar "bell hooks". Read one of her articles...If need I can recommend something.

Until then, that's the most I'll comment on this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs