WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I did mention that some atheist are jerks.

The marching wasn't just in the US and maybe you don't understand that context. There was every justification for the march. A misogynistic jerk is in office. He's going to deliver every Republican wet dream of wiping women's rights away. There's a very long history, more than I want to type really, but there's been a long running battle of women's rights to determine their reproductive rights and other rights and those of the far right wingers. It's been going for some time.

Here's something to think about. When abortions are available without shame women get them done safely and with care. They don't just get them because. However, when that ability is removed the service goes underground. Women die and feel ashamed.

There's more but that's a good starting point.

While the termination of pregnancy procedure are medically different from cosmetic surgery, they share the common trait that when easy access is restricted, women who undergo these medical procedures in less than safe facilities do so at inherent risks.

That small group of men in power for eons have always paid claim to the right to access and dictate what happens to women's bodies for too long. This is the reason why women's health and the issue ofaccess to reproductive health services - especially termination of pregnancy procedures - is such a flash point:

A women knows her body best and yet she still isn't fully free to exercise her rights to choose what she does with her body and have those rights fully guaranteed and unquestionably respected? How the F does that make sense?

Rose, you got a lot of reading to do in order to understand the privilege being a man allows in a patriarchal society...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose needs to Google "First Wave Feminism", "Second Wave Feminism" and "Third Wave Feminism". Oh, and please Google scholar "bell hooks". Read one of her articles...If need I can recommend something.

Until then, that's the most I'll comment on this.
I have to admit I didn't know Bell Hooks. She's written quite a bit.

I'd also forgotten about the various waves and what they meant.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

A couple of more pics...
921a86e11a28e03d9a3919b8596b5aa6.jpg

4ac0203550c70caea92f9f0afc7b251f.jpg

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I did mention that some atheist are jerks.

The marching wasn't just in the US and maybe you don't understand that context. There was every justification for the march. A misogynistic jerk is in office. He's going to deliver every Republican wet dream of wiping women's rights away. There's a very long history, more than I want to type really, but there's been a long running battle of women's rights to determine their reproductive rights and other rights and those of the far right wingers. It's been going for some time.

Here's something to think about. When abortions are available without shame women get them done safely and with care. They don't just get them because. However, when that ability is removed the service goes underground. Women die and feel ashamed.

There's more but that's a good starting point.

I do't know, the guy hasn't made any serious damage yet, except firing most of the US diplomats abroad.

I think he should be given a chance, thrn judged. Again, I don't support him, but he is democratically elected president.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Be very careful using statements like that. Yes science is science but it should never be treated like dogma. Science is evidence based and goes where the evidence points to. Doesn't mean that things can't be overturned. Every single science discovery and theory can be overruled if enough evidence is shown to disprove it. Most scientist would be more than overjoyed about the idea too because it makes things interesting.

Most people don't get that.

Science is constantly moving. As more information comes in it adds, subtracts and changes our views.

Mayb I've expressed my self in a wrong way. I meant that if something is logical, provren, and has evidences to back it up, then no one cares if you believe it or not, cause it's a fact. Like the flat earth science and similar.
Or when someone is rejecting statistics just because he "refuses to acknowledge them". I believe there's a video on youtube how someone from Trump's administration says he's got his own data and trust those only.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

And now I can't quote. This app is driving me crazy.

MIA, I wasn't saying anything about the past. I was rather reffering to present, as in last couple of years. And also to Trump.

I don't know which right it is that men have but women don't. I can't think of it. I live in a third world country, and am muslim, so someone prone to stereotypes would assume I'd be chauvinist (did I get it?) and what not. But I'm not, even though those post might actually lead to that very conclusion, I just like to debate. That's it.

Anyway. I live in a 3rd world country, and I just can't see what is it that women are not allowed to do. They've got a right to vote, can have abortions, can file a divorce, are equally treated in a workplace and so on.

I'd like to hear your opinion on what is it that men have taken from women?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I do't know, the guy hasn't made any serious damage yet, except firing most of the US diplomats abroad.

I think he should be given a chance, thrn judged. Again, I don't support him, but he is democratically elected president.

I don't think any politician should be 'given a chance'. They deserve all the condemnation if they've proven themselves, over and over again, that they are complete jerks. He's done nothing but that.

I get he was democratically elected but in no way does that give him pass on criticism.

Let's discuss what he's done so far.

1. He's killed off the Affordable Care Act (what the Republicans called Obamacare to make it seem horrible) most USA citizens who were on ACA didn't realise it was the same thing.
2. He's killed off 'free press' by selecting the reporters who will be allowed as the government press core.
3. He's lied about the size of the crowds at his inauguration
4. His press conference at the CIA was most likely prerecorded applause and laughter
5. He's going after 'fake votes' even though he won the presidency because he can't handle Hillary had more votes than him
6. He's removed all climate change information from the government website
7. He's ordered all government scientist to not post any information on climate change on tweets or otherwise
8. He's approved two highly controversial pipelines
9. He's banned 7 countries from being allowed to visit the USA
10. He's removed funding to any charity that may support reproductive rights
11. He's building that stupid wall

There's probably more but I have to ask, what good has he done so far?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

MIA, I wasn't saying anything about the past. I was rather reffering to present, as in last couple of years. And also to Trump.

I don't know which right it is that men have but women don't. I can't think of it. I live in a third world country, and am muslim, so someone prone to stereotypes would assume I'd be chauvinist (did I get it?) and what not. But I'm not, even though those post might actually lead to that very conclusion, I just like to debate. That's it.

Anyway. I live in a 3rd world country, and I just can't see what is it that women are not allowed to do. They've got a right to vote, can have abortions, can file a divorce, are equally treated in a workplace and so on.

I'll let MIA answer his part.

However, I'll point out some things. First you miss the point of 'hidden' discrimination. Yes it exists and not only for women.

Sure there's lots of laws and so on against it but to say there isn't any is living in another reality.

There's been many studies that have proven it too.

As I'm not in the US I'm probably missing a lot of news in regards to Trump but I have friends there (not including ones on here) who are posting all kinds of things. It's not pretty.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I can't really imagine a life without meat. I have a vegetarian cousin, in my eyes, I only see suffering when I have dinner with her :D.

Well going out to dinner is always an issue if there's little choice on offer.

However, it's only 'suffering' if you're not creative and lazy.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have to admit I didn't know Bell Hooks. She's written quite a bit.

I'd also forgotten about the various waves and what they meant.

She writes it as bell hooks in lower case on purpose. Profilic, thoughtful, amazing lady. She's got videos of her talks on YouTube. Her tact and eloquence is so awesome.

Feminism has the same level of depth to it as any other large scale social terms...Just as how not all Brits, Blacks, Men, LGBT, women are the same, not all feminist are the same too.

It's why I chose not to label people and be very careful in using those loaded social words.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

However, I'll point out some things. First you miss the point of 'hidden' discrimination. Yes it exists and not only for women.

Sure there's lots of laws and so on against it but to say there isn't any is living in another reality.

As I'm not in the US I'm probably missing a lot of news in regards to Trump but I have friends there (not including ones on here) who are posting all kinds of things. It's not pretty.

You're spot on, and it's only been a week!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

He also closed the White House phone line so that people can't call too, apparently. Which is crazy!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

She writes it as bell hooks in lower case on purpose. Profilic, thoughtful, amazing lady. She's got videos of her talks on YouTube. Her tact and eloquence is so awesome.

Feminism has the same level of depth to it as any other large scale social terms...Just as how not all Brits, Blacks, Men, LGBT, women are the same, not all feminist are the same too.

It's why I chose not to label people and be very careful in using those loaded social words.

Not too sure about the Brits in that statement... :p

I do understand that sentiment though. Everyone has their point of view and what their comfortable with.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Are women getting paid equally dollar for dollar in your country? Because here in the US, they don't. Women get paid on average around $0.75 for every $1 a man makes. Big difference. And they don't have paid maternity leave here.

Look are careers such as engineering. Look at high ranking politicians, business owners. What gender is that predominantly?

Look at your own culture. Think about the values and expectations placed on men and women.

If I get around to it I'll post some reading material here this weekend.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

And now for something different:

I've just discovered that Google Street View has arrived in one of my favourite shopping malls in Manila - Glorietta 4. It must have gone live in the past week. Looks like I'll be window shopping for the next couple of hours instead of hitting the sack. lol This exploring will tie me over a little longer until the next time I travel to the Philippines. It's sadly been too long between jaunts. :(

-----------------------------------------

Back to politics. ;)

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I don't think any politician should be 'given a chance'. They deserve all the condemnation if they've proven themselves, over and over again, that they are complete jerks. He's done nothing but that.

I get he was democratically elected but in no way does that give him pass on criticism.

Let's discuss what he's done so far.

1. He's killed off the Affordable Care Act (what the Republicans called Obamacare to make it seem horrible) most USA citizens who were on ACA didn't realise it was the same thing.
2. He's killed off 'free press' by selecting the reporters who will be allowed as the government press core.
3. He's lied about the size of the crowds at his inauguration
4. His press conference at the CIA was most likely prerecorded applause and laughter
5. He's going after 'fake votes' even though he won the presidency because he can't handle Hillary had more votes than him
6. He's removed all climate change information from the government website
7. He's ordered all government scientist to not post any information on climate change on tweets or otherwise
8. He's approved two highly controversial pipelines
9. He's banned 7 countries from being allowed to visit the USA
10. He's removed funding to any charity that may support reproductive rights
11. He's building that stupid wall

There's probably more but I have to ask, what good has he done so far?

1. As far as I know it hasn't been completely removed, just partially.
2.OK I guess
3.That's irrelevant to anything, at least to me
4.That's shady, we can't know that
5. Again, standard politician's bull****
6. That's definitely wrong, I agree
7. Source?
8. Don't know thing about that, so I'lltrust you on that one.
9. Really? Which ones? This th e first time I'm reading about this
10. Again, I agree, wrong thing to do.
11. Highly unlikely to happen.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Oh and what good, wasn't leaving that pack of transatlantic something a good thing? You know what I'm talking about. Pretty much everyone was criticising Obama for it.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Now that's a different thing. Disobeying laws and acting like a cave man is a whole different thing. There are institutions responsible of taking care of such issues. I was rather talking about laws.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro