WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I wouldn't buy anything overly new simply because they'll cost a fortune. I don't buy contract I buy outright. I'm not exactly in a position to drop £600+ on a phone at the moment. Too many other more important things to spend money on.

Ah okay, I see. That helps a lot, actually. How about the HTC 10? I guess it's going on a year old. It is kind of tall though but the Nexus 5X is a bit shorter (I think). Hold on, what phone do you have again? I can't remember if you have the Z3 or the Z5.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ah okay, I see. That helps a lot, actually. How about the HTC 10? I guess it's going on a year old. It is kind of tall though but the Nexus 5X is a bit shorter (I think). Hold on, what phone do you have again? I can't remember if you have the Z3 or the Z5.

I have the Z3 currently. I don't want anything too old either. :p Also I believe updates to the 5X and 5P are coming to an end.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I have the Z3 currently. I don't want anything too old either. :p Also I believe updates to the 5X and 5P are coming to an end.

Ohh okay, I see. Yeah those 2 have one more big update left. I don't know why I thought that you had the Z5.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ahh, sadly :/ I kind of want to suggest the HTC One A9 but it's older than the 10, so nah.

I can wait a little longer. I've been waiting to see what Nokia will bring out but rumour is that their flagships will be pricey. Which is unfortunate.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I guess I could 'settle' for the Sony XZ for the time being. Not that it's much of a 'settle'. It's not bad for the price point I can get it at now.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I guess I could 'settle' for the Sony XZ for the time being. Not that it's much of a 'settle'. It's not bad for the price point I can get it at now.

If you have the option to try it out and return it if you don't like it, it might be just fine.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My criteria is pretty simple.

Size - around 5"
Good battery
Good camera
Prefer waterproof (I live in the UK...)
As close to 'vanilla' Android as possible
Decent looking

After that I'm pretty easy

Closest is S7 with Nova Launcher - actually Samsung has pared back a lot of TouchWiz crap on Marshmallow. I use the Tab S2 and Pixel and the Tab S2 isn't bothersome at all.
Pixel would be a compromise on waterproofing otherwise solid all around.
I would not rule out Honor 8, just slap on Nova Launcher for stock Android feel - compromise is stock Android and waterproofing.
Sony XZ is an okay bargain but camera still has issues.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

As I mentioned I typically buy outright. I know it's a Sony phone so I know what to expect more or less.

This is true but if Sonys are anything like Lumias, it's totally possible not to like one version but to like the other one. I didn't like the Z5 Compact much really, but I liked the X Compact better, just not camera wise.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Closest is S7 with Nova Launcher - actually Samsung has pared back a lot of TouchWiz crap on Marshmallow. I use the Tab S2 and Pixel and the Tab S2 isn't bothersome at all.
I would not rule out Honor 8, just slap on Nova Launcher for stock Android feel - compromise is stock Android and waterproofing.

That was fast, you are good! I agree about the Honor 8.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I can get the S7 for around the same price as the XZ... Still... I've never been a fan.
Not interested in the Honour 8 or the Pixel.

I'll just wait and see. Maybe the prices I heard for Nokia were wrong.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I can get the S7 for around the same price as the XZ... Still... I've never been a fan.
Not interested in the Honour 8 or the Pixel.

I'll just wait and see. Maybe the prices I heard for Nokia were wrong.

If your current phone is chugging along why not.
Except the Sony XZ (I did have the Z3C and Z3 briefly) I have used every single phone on the list and so far the Pixel has worked out really well.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Except the Sony XZ (I did have the Z3C and Z3 briefly) I have used every single phone on the list and so far the Pixel has worked out really well.
I'm thinking of possibly getting the Pixel XL once the new Pixel is released this fall, and the price drops on the older model.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

My criteria is pretty simple.

Size - around 5"
Good battery
Good camera
Prefer waterproof (I live in the UK...)
As close to 'vanilla' Android as possible
Decent looking

After that I'm pretty easy

Nexus 5X or 6P? AFAIK they're not waterproof but they're decent phones (although over a year old) and meet your requirements.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The only issue I have with the Pixel is price. If it wasn't ridiculous expensive I'd get it even though I'm not a fan of the way it looks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb