WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Summer weddings are the worst to me! The last summer wedding I went to was miserable. The ceremony was outdoors, and I sweated through my clothes and got sunburn. I had to shower again and wash my clothes prior to the reception.

Ahh that sounds so annoying to deal with! I'm hoping that it would be indoors.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yup, random people, forgot about that. I feel uncomfortable when I have to go somewhere else besides our local pub, now not to mention being in a room filled with (possibly drunken) strangers.

I can understand this and relate.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

My convincing worked!

4GF9Uk6.jpg

Sent from mTalk

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Thinking of getting new glasses but I'm waiting for a sale at my favorite eyeglass shop. No rush but my main glasses have a long crack in the lens so I should make it happen in the next few months. I really don't want to be part of a wedding with a crack in my lens.
Got a new pair about a month ago and am very happy with them even though they were quite expensive at $500.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Aw. I'm guessing that you have to wear them all the time now? It comes to a point when glasses wearers get used to all of that stuff. I think you'll adjust in time. I have had to wear them for over 20 years and sometimes my glasses get dirty but as long as I can see fine, I'm good lol.
Same here, I've had mine since 9th grade. Although I clean my glasses every morning without fail sometimes I clean them again around lunchtime.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Bummed the internet from the neighbors, so I am posting on the forums today.

Met with a couple of friends last night after almost 2 decades. Went and had some yummy Chinese food.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Same here, I've had mine since 9th grade. Although I clean my glasses every morning without fail sometimes I clean them again around lunchtime.

Wow that's a long time! Yeah that makes sense, I do a similar thing usually. The morning part, not the lunchtime part xd

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Bummed the internet from the neighbors, so I am posting on the forums today.

Met with a couple of friends last night after almost 2 decades. Went and had some yummy Chinese food.

Nice to see you around the forums for a bit! That sounds awesome, it sounds like a good time was had \o/ How did it go with your dad's surprise?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I feel like I jinxed myself. The wedding is confirmed, we're having a wedding in July. Traditional and church wedding. Wooo

Maybe I should take dating more seriously but all of these dating things seem to require Facebook, which I don't have.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I feel like I jinxed myself. The wedding is confirmed, we're having a wedding in July. Traditional and church wedding. Wooo

Maybe I should take dating more seriously but all of these dating things seem to require Facebook, which I don't have.

That;s odd. Most things I run into usually have multiple ways of sign in. They must be after your Facebook data... that's probably more important to them. :p

I've never used a dating app/service so I can't say anything about them, positive or negative. Meeting people these days seems to be more difficult and you never want to get into a relationship with someone you work with though that does happen.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That;s odd. Most things I run into usually have multiple ways of sign in. They must be after your Facebook data... that's probably more important to them. :p

I've never used a dating app/service so I can't say anything about them, positive or negative. Meeting people these days seems to be more difficult and you never want to get into a relationship with someone you work with though that does happen.

It's tough meeting people these days.

I've dated someone I met through an online service...It was an interesting 2 year relationship. You typically don't want to date where you work as it can get messy for a myriad of reasons...But it can work, as the GF and I were co-workers for much of our relationship. Just like anything else, it's knowing what you want first...if you don't know that, things get more destructive...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I have heard of that happening. I can't even imagine doing it in general. Not just the idea but everyone in my workplace is way older than I am and/or they are not male, or they are very married/engaged. LOL. I know that there are other people outside of my department but most of them are way older.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's tough meeting people these days.

I've dated someone I met through an online service...It was an interesting 2 year relationship. You typically don't want to date where you work as it can get messy for a myriad of reasons...But it can work, as the GF and I were co-workers for much of our relationship. Just like anything else, it's knowing what you want first...if you don't know that, things get more destructive...

Agreed! Yeah, I wouldn't because I fear awkwardness all the way. Aww that's so sweet.

I think I might be weird too. I wouldn't want to date anyone in my friend group, because we hang out as a group often and that can become awkward fast. I would rather date someone outside of all of my situations, which is what I have always done. I say that I'm weird because I'm also shy so it's not as likely I would have the situation of randomly meeting someone face to face and just hitting it off instantly. Also very oblivious to signals, as I am always "sweet and kind" to everyone so one can't predict if I like them or not.

Didn't mean to lay out my story haha but that's why I say I'm kind of weird.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Agreed! Yeah, I wouldn't because I fear awkwardness all the way. Aww that's so sweet.

I think I might be weird too. I wouldn't want to date anyone in my friend group, because we hang out as a group often and that can become awkward fast. I would rather date someone outside of all of my situations, which is what I have always done. I say that I'm weird because I'm also shy so it's not as likely I would have the situation of randomly meeting someone face to face and just hitting it off instantly. Also very oblivious to signals, as I am always "sweet and kind" to everyone so one can't predict if I like them or not.

Didn't mean to lay out my story haha but that's why I say I'm kind of weird.

That's not weird at all. It's understandable.

I've run into a few ladies in the past who confused me and trust me when I say, men are easily confused! I was never the best at reading signals either. My wife 'virtually' had to hit me over the head. :p

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

That's not weird at all. It's understandable.

I've run into a few ladies in the past who confused me and trust me when I say, men are easily confused! I was never the best at reading signals either. My wife 'virtually' had to hit me over the head. :p

Thank you for understanding.

Haha aww! I'm going to take your word for it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for understanding.

Haha aww! I'm going to take your word for it.

I should point out with regards to my wife I wasn't exactly in the right state of mind at the time and the distance involved with the relationship was a bit off putting as well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I should point out with regards to my wife I wasn't exactly in the right state of mind at the time and the distance involved with the relationship was a bit off putting as well.

It's all good since you two are 10 years strong. I can get it to an extent.
I dated a guy that lives 5/6 hours back from me (no, not by car/airplane but by time zones, and his state doesn't do DST) and at that time, I was in undergrad so that was really fun. He was the best that I have had, in some areas. We just got one another really and that was a beautiful thing to experience.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Nothing wrong with being single, I've been there for some time now :D.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo