WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm surprised that they didn't because that's really long to be without at work. Chatting doesn't sound too bad though but still.

If it would have went past lunch or been confirmed to take longer than it did then I probably would have got sent home.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sold on the idea that he is the better of the two... I just hope he gets impeached before he does too much damage.

Having said that, I did vote for him because I thought he was most likely to overstep his bounds and get impeached. Hillary is too crooked to have anything stick to her.

Why vote for him at all then? Isn't there independents you can vote for?

We've had issues here with our vote by some people voting because they didn't think they'd win... in other words they weren't planning for us to leave the EU. Thought it would be funny... yeah I'm laughing...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of utilities, I have no hot water, so this isn't happening to my shower head.
21b4a58b1ab144c1b106bd2305394a0e.jpg

The super is replacing the hot water tank in the apartment building today. It's used by all tenants.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of utilities, I have no hot water, so this isn't happening to my shower head.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170213/21b4a58b1ab144c1b106bd2305394a0e.jpg

The super is replacing the hot water tank in the apartment building today. It's used by all tenants.

That's pretty funny.

Here in the UK they have gone away from tanks (well not everywhere there are still old systems) and now have direct heating. No tank in other words.

My mums system which is electric has changed to something similar in Canada.

It's a lot more efficient to have individual hot water heaters per apartment than one giant one. However, maintenance could be more difficult or easier, depending.

We had an issue in Australia where they installed a giant chiller system for the whole building. It was ridiculously expensive (renters had to pay for it) and not very efficient at all. We didn't stay long there.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That's pretty funny.

Here in the UK they have gone away from tanks (well not everywhere there are still old systems) and now have direct heating. No tank in other words.

My mums system which is electric has changed to something similar in Canada.

It's a lot more efficient to have individual hot water heaters per apartment than one giant one. However, maintenance could be more difficult or easier, depending.

We had an issue in Australia where they installed a giant chiller system for the whole building. It was ridiculously expensive (renters had to pay for it) and not very efficient at all. We didn't stay long there.
I have my own natural gas forced air furnace. However, I pay my own heating bill.

The law here in Cleveland stipulates that renters do not pay individual water bills, so we do not have separate water meters or water tanks.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Why vote for him at all then? Isn't there independents you can vote for?

We've had issues here with our vote by some people voting because they didn't think they'd win... in other words they weren't planning for us to leave the EU. Thought it would be funny... yeah I'm laughing...

Because I really didn't want Hillary as president. I wish Johnson had made it to the presidential debates, I think he would have had a chance if he had, and I'd have voted for him.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It isn't fun when you're working on a $40 billion project with a schedule and work to do....

I don't really get frustrated with electronics.

I overlooked the details, I thought you were at home. This makes things very different.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have my own natural gas forced air furnace. However, I pay my own heating bill.

The law here in Cleveland stipulates that renters do not pay individual water bills, so we do not have separate water meters or water tanks.
People don't pay for their water here either when they rent. Only electricity and gas (if you have it).

Also council tax, which is a bit odd.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Because I really didn't want Hillary as president. I wish Johnson had made it to the presidential debates, I think he would have had a chance if he had, and I'd have voted for him.
I get you wanted someone else but I think getting rid of Trump will be very difficult. I could also see a riot breaking out (or worse) if he were impeached. He's out to turn USA into Trump land. Royal we is coming soon ..

Lastly, all politicians and business people are crooks. They all walk the fine line. There really is no better of out of any of them. Just slightly less crooked.

That's reality. Has always been that way.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sold on the idea that he is the better of the two... I just hope he gets impeached before he does too much damage.

Having said that, I did vote for him because I thought he was most likely to overstep his bounds and get impeached. Hillary is too crooked to have anything stick to her.

These were all less than useless candidates.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

If you own a house you pay council tax. Which I guess is 'property tax' or something like that in the US? Because the way renting works here in the UK, renters pay the council tax, not the owners.

Yep, property tax is what we have here but only owners pay that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

At the moment, it's looking really attractive to just own a Windows Phone and an iPhone. For the first time, my Outlook calendar is not working with the other apps, even as an Exchange account on my Honor 8 since installing the update to 7.0. The update is great but I'm not going to use a phone that doesn't sync with my calendar.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I;m going to be a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding. Good thing I'm done with buying phones for the moment, as I have no idea what to expect for the cost of this.
Additionally, our mom wants us (the siblings) to help out with something financially for this wedding too, so eh.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion