WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm glad you're doing well, especially with quitting smoking!

Have you done anything new with music?

What kind of guitar amps do you like?

I've gotten into analogue gear for home music listening on a big way.

I'm using a valve phono preamp and a valve headphone amp. I just love the warm sound it gives my vinyls. My vinyl collection is growing too. I will need more storage for my albums soon, since they are outgrowing the milk crates I keep them in.
Hey Laura! I've been playing quite a bit lately actually. I've moved my amp to the garage since I never use it in the house (I use the PC and the ME-80 as my USB interface and play through Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5. (And various other recording applications, DAWS and amp modeling/FX software)) so in the garage is where I do all my "loud" practicing. I've got my turntable and stereo equipment out there as well, which has plenty of audio inputs so I can do backing track jam sessions and play along with songs and such.

My favorite guitar amp? I'd say any older tube driven Marshall heads (like a JCM800) with a 60's era Celestion speaker equipped 4x12 cabinets would be my first choice... there's just nothing IMO better than that warm Marshall sound (a "Marshall Stack")... Second would be Probably a tie between Mesa Boogie and Peavy (I love my Red Stripe Peavy bandit 112 even though it's a transistor amp aka "trans-tube")

Glad to hear you're into the vintage analog audio! I totally agree, it's how sound was supposed to sound! People don't get it these days, they can't hear what they're missing from music today.. because it's not there.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

5.2? How much gas does that beast spend? I'm assuming a lot.
It does have a 2 barrel carb so not as bad as a 4- barrel. I'll be happy if I can get 15MPG or more around town. The way I'm looking at it, is that's just extra money I'm saving by not having a car payment lol This car is paid off!! :D

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I does have a 2 barrel carb so not as bad as a 4- barrel. I'll be happy if I can get 15MPG or more around town. The way I'm looking at it, is that's just extra money I'm saving by not having a car payment lol This car is paid off!! :D

Well it's just too much for what I'm used to. We usually get 100KM on 5L. But again, that's a V8, not a 1.6 Diesel Volkswagen. Lol.

How much does a car like that costs? Does it count as an old-timer?

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Checked what car this Chrysler is. 5,3m long? That's a boat Are you doing any tuning on the engine, 120-130 doesn't seem like a lot. Also how is RX-8 doing?

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Well it's just too much for what I'm used to. We usually get 100KM on 5L. But again, that's a V8, not a 1.6 Diesel Volkswagen. Lol.

How much does a car like that costs? Does it count as an old-timer?
Not a turbo diesel huh? 😁
Also with anything under 7l is great consumption for me and my driving

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So Amazing Weather HD is now dead on Windows phone. It's interesting because when I was WP more, in used to use this app and Weather Flow. Weather flow died the last time I had a WP and now Amazing Weather has died...So I'm stuck with the MSFT apps for the next WP I get.

Which is just fine on the one hand, as WP is now a showcase for MSFT apps. But it just goes to show you how WP is still a showcase for the little kid shouting in the corner by itself.

Very sad.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Not a turbo diesel huh? 😁
Also with anything under 7l is great consumption for me and my driving

The lower the consumption the better it is :D.

I'm looking to find something ultra cheap to drive during the summer, something like 1.2 benzin (Germans call it benzin, we call it benzin, I don't know how Americans call it, petrol?). Just need it for 3-4 months and then I'm off to college.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So Amazing Weather HD is now dead on Windows phone. It's interesting because when I was WP more, in used to use this app and Weather Flow. Weather flow died the last time I had a WP and now Amazing Weather has died...So I'm stuck with the MSFT apps for the next WP I get.

Which is just fine on the one hand, as WP is now a showcase for MSFT apps. But it just goes to show you how WP is still a showcase for the little kid shouting in the corner by itself.

Very sad.

Have you tried Perfect Weather UWP? I've been using that one since forever.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

The lower the consumption the better it is :D.

I'm looking to find something ultra cheap to drive during the summer, something like 1.2 benzin (Germans call it benzin, we call it benzin, I don't know how Americans call it, petrol?). Just need it for 3-4 months and then I'm off to college.
It's petrol/gasoline/gas as far as I know. So you are going to study in Austria?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It's petrol/gasoline/gas as far as I know. So you are going to study in Austria?

I do plan to, but it all depends whether I get accepted to our college.

If I manage to get accepted in top 100, then maybe I'd stay here, cause it's free in that case. Note that there are 4 departments, so it's not top100 anymore but top 25, not an easy task.

If I don't make that happen then I'll send my CV and all the documents to Graz.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I do plan to, but it all depends whether I get accepted to our college.

If I manage to get accepted in top 100, then maybe I'd stay here, cause it's free in that case. Note that there are 4 departments, so it's not top100 anymore but top 25, not an easy task.

If I don't make that happen then I'll send my CV and all the documents to Graz.
Considering your grades last year you should be fine, I assume?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Considering your grades last year you should be fine, I assume?

I had 4.7, 4.7, and a 4.6 averages in the last three years, this one I hope for a 4.9. So that's not going to be a problem. The only issue is the entrance exam, I'll have to get ready for that one. It's taking place sometimes in 6-7 July, so plenty of time to prepare. I'll need at least 35 out of 40 points on exam, to have a total of 88 out of 100 in total.

The last person to be accepted (in the department I want to be a part of) last year had around 86 points. So that's my goal. Though results in previous years weren't really that high, people with 80 points were accpeted due to low interest, thats another thing I hope will happen :D.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I just visited this site about studying in Australia. It's kind of bad. Poor with informations, unlinke the Austrian sites I visited. And this one is government's.

For example, I was looking for Academic requirements and all I got was "those vary from institution to institution or level of education you want to study". This would be somewhat fine if there were links leading to sites what would define those requirements. But nope. Nothing.

I'll have to search some more.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I had 4.7, 4.7, and a 4.6 averages in the last three years, this one I hope for a 4.9. So that's not going to be a problem. The only issue is the entrance exam, I'll have to get ready for that one. It's taking place sometimes in 6-7 July, so plenty of time to prepare. I'll need at least 35 out of 40 points on exam, to have a total of 88 out of 100 in total.

The last person to be accepted (in the department I want to be a part of) last year had around 86 points. So that's my goal. Though results in previous years weren't really that high, people with 80 points were accpeted due to low interest, thats another thing I hope will happen :D.
Good luck!

Sent from mTalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just visited this site about studying in Australia. It's kind of bad. Poor with informations, unlinke the Austrian sites I visited. And this one is government's.

For example, I was looking for Academic requirements and all I got was "those vary from institution to institution or level of education you want to study". This would be somewhat fine if there were links leading to sites what would define those requirements. But nope. Nothing.

I'll have to search some more.
With Australia as well as Canada and USA you need to contact the university you wish to attend to see if you meet the requirements for the course you plan to study.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Good luck! I hope you get accepted to the school that will best for you.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo