WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I see that T-Mobile is doing a flash sale...S7 for $290. Now that's tempting. It has everything hardware wise I'd like...Compact design, wireless charging, water resistance, expandable storage and a good camera...

Yeah, I'm gonna pass. It's still got touch wiz and is a carrier branded phone. That's enough for me to skip it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

... one of the best way to travel in when holidaying. Did that for almost three weeks in New Zealand's south island several years ago. Can't wait to go back.

Gave away my old stereo, which has been with me for nearly 16 years. Have been relying on my TV as a music player, with rather under whelming satisfaction.

Probably end up with a 5 pc home theatre set. Not too loud, but loud enough to annoy the neighbours, slightly !!

... !!
I hope you get a new stereo soon.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

That LG G6 looks so good...But I'm sad.

They stuck the wireless charging only component on the US model (hopefully they kept it on the US unlocked and not just the carrier's only) and left the goody good DAC in Korea. That silver looks Samsung Ativ S ish with the brushed strips but man that white and especially that black looks really good.

Looking forward to trying it in store...and if it is as compact as the 950XL...I'd think about it for the fall.

It's really beautiful, I didn't like the design at first, but now I can't wait for the opportunity to try it out.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's really beautiful, I didn't like the design at first, but now I can't wait for the opportunity to try it out.
It looks nice. I'll be curious for the in hand feel is like. I'm not rushing to replace my Honor 8, but I'll certainly look at this year's offerings in the store.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It looks nice. I'll be curious for the in hand feel is like. I'm not rushing to replace my Honor 8, but I'll certainly look at this year's offerings in the store.

I'm also curious. I'm impressed by what they were able to do and correct. It looks like a nice phone to have. Haven't read any reviews yet though, just hands on.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

As everyone already knows...

X3 on dock with FiiO DAC.

f22eb14489ad93a8c2d731280c4fb699.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm also curious. I'm impressed by what they were able to do and correct. It looks like a nice phone to have. Haven't read any reviews yet though, just hands on.
Android Central has a review up. They'll update it with a post production model, but their reviews don't change much (they've done this for a few years).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Android Central has a review up. They'll update it with a post production model, but their reviews don't change much (they've done this for a few years).

Thanks, I have it open but haven't got to it yet. Playing catch up with all of the MWC news today at the moment.

Looking forward to reading it! So far, I was very impressed to see that the G6 is way smaller than the (iPhone) 7+ and it has more screen too. Very cool.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, I have it open but haven't got to it yet. Playing catch up with all of the MWC news today at the moment.

Looking forward to reading it! So far, I was very impressed to see that the G6 is way smaller than the (iPhone) 7+ and it has more screen too. Very cool.
I like what i see so far. If I pull the trigger, it wouldn't be until the fall.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't watch the Academy Awards and really could care less about them. I'm not one for the celebrity nonsense at all... however, that was some mess up about best film. How embarrassing!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

As for MWC I guess things are OK but I haven't seen anything I want. Oh well. I was hoping Nokia would have released a flagship but apparently Samsung has co-opted all the new chip sets.

I need to think about what I'm going to do now. Do I wait more or jump to something I may not be overly happy with.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

... one of the best way to travel in when holidaying. Did that for almost three weeks in New Zealand's south island several years ago. Can't wait to go back.

Gave away my old stereo, which has been with me for nearly 16 years. Have been relying on my TV as a music player, with rather under whelming satisfaction.

Probably end up with a 5 pc home theatre set. Not too loud, but loud enough to annoy the neighbours, slightly !!

... !!

I've done a few driving trips in Europe and many in Australia, and USA. When we went to NZ we had a car as well. We did the north island. Still need to get to the south but that will be in the future.

Driving is good but we've found for city breaks it's a burden, especially in Europe.

We no longer have a stereo. We sold it recently because we never used it. We use our wireless speakers and streaming service. As I'm not a huge movie watcher getting a home theatre set is rather pointless.

I may get a better sound system in the future when I have more room. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Muessig you should have put a link to the feedback forum.

In any case I'm finding the Quick Reply window while quoting someone's post way too small.

Actually the Quick Reply in general is tiny.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As for MWC I guess things are OK but I haven't seen anything I want. Oh well. I was hoping Nokia would have released a flagship but apparently Samsung has co-opted all the new chip sets.

I need to think about what I'm going to do now. Do I wait more or jump to something I may not be overly happy with.
Wait for an overpriced Sony.
While I understand the rules of these things. She should have got her citizenship to avoid this. However, this is the reality of Brexit Britain. Unashamedly mean.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-despite-being-married-to-briton-for-27-years

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You said the key thing here "she should have gotten her citizenship". I feel bad for her, but if you're in a position to get this, then get it.

The big issue here is that with EU citizens being put into this kind of position they're all getting worried about things like this happening to them. It's a big mess with the Brexit thing.

However, though I sympathise in this situation I am left wondering why after 30 years in the UK she didn't get her citizenship? If you're planning on staying there what's the issue? I can only think money but still...

I can understand that some people just 'assume' things but when she's a person who's not an EU citizen and had to go through the proper channels to get permanent residency I find it hard when someone claims ignorance on the rules. All she'd had to do was return to the UK, stay for a week then head back out, so long as her permanent residency was up to date she'd be fine. Having citizenship would have made this a non issue.

I don't know if Singapore doesn't allow dual citizenship or not so that may have been one of the reasons behind her not wanting to get UK but it doesn't say that in the article.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb