WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

There's already an overpriced Sony out so no, I'm not getting that. It's way too shinny.

I may consider the older model however as it's come down to my price point now.
I was talking about the older model, which is still overpriced...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was talking about the older model, which is still overpriced...

I can get it under £400 (new) now so it's closer to what I wanted to pay for it.

I don't see that as being over priced. Just closer to where it should have been originally.

I personally find all newer phones overpriced to be honest.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I can get it under £400 (new) now so it's closer to what I wanted to pay for it.

I don't see that as being over priced. Just closer to where it should have been originally.

I personally find all newer phones overpriced to be honest.
Looks like we'll agree partly on this one...It should have started out at £400, but now i see it more as a £280 phone.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The big issue here is that with EU citizens being put into this kind of position they're all getting worried about things like this happening to them. It's a big mess with the Brexit thing.

However, though I sympathise in this situation I am left wondering why after 30 years in the UK she didn't get her citizenship? If you're planning on staying there what's the issue? I can only think money but still...

I can understand that some people just 'assume' things but when she's a person who's not an EU citizen and had to go through the proper channels to get permanent residency I find it hard when someone claims ignorance on the rules. All she'd had to do was return to the UK, stay for a week then head back out, so long as her permanent residency was up to date she'd be fine. Having citizenship would have made this a non issue.

I don't know if Singapore doesn't allow dual citizenship or not so that may have been one of the reasons behind her not wanting to get UK but it doesn't say that in the article.

Found out Singapore doesn't allow dual citizenship. So I can only assume that's why she wanted to keep it so that it was easier to travel and stay there to take care of the parents.

I get that, totally understandable. I believe that she probably could have discussed things with immigration prior to going to let them know the situation and got some kind of paperwork to ensure her return. Most people don't think like that of course, especially when stressed.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Looks like we'll agree partly on this one...It should have started out at £400, but now i see it more as a £280 phone.

If I could find it for £280 in newish condition I'd buy it tomorrow but I want it carrier unlocked, non US and 64GB model.

I'm not sure I'd consider it that cheap of a phone. What's comparable to it at the moment?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If I could find it for £280 in newish condition I'd buy it tomorrow but I want it carrier unlocked, non US and 64GB model.

I'm not sure I'd consider it that cheap of a phone. What's comparable to it at the moment?
My guess is you'd be able to get a OnePlus 3T in that range.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah but I'm not interested in that large of a phone. Which is why I wouldn't consider it.

The other being I'm not entirely sure I trust OnePlus.

New -
OP 3T - £355
Sony XZ - £400

Sure the OP 3T has better specs just doesn't appeal really. I get your point though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

New -
OP 3T - £355
Sony XZ - £400

Sure the OP 3T has better specs just doesn't appeal really. I get your point though.

Yeah I think you're in a hard place right now when it comes to choices. You're not interested in the Honor 8, and the Nokia 5 is probably too low of specs for you. The XZ might be your best bet.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

New -
OP 3T - £355
Sony XZ - £400

There's other stuff you've said no to...Honor 8, P9, etc. You could do a Sony X Compact (placeholder), Samsung A5 2017 (if you can find it at a good price).

You've got options, but it's what you think that tickles your fancy...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

There is a website where you can get it new for a cheap price, I'm surprised that MIA didn't mention it. I'll send details.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I think you're in a hard place right now when it comes to choices. You're not interested in the Honor 8, and the Nokia 5 is probably too low of specs for you. The XZ might be your best bet.

Unfortunately, Nokia disappointed me and most people wanting a flagship device.

The phones are nice for their category though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There's other stuff you've said no to...Honor 8, P9, etc. You could do a Sony X Compact (placeholder), Samsung A5 2017 (if you can find it at a good price).

You've got options, but it's what you think that tickles your fancy...

I think my issue is that I don't like to change my devices that frequently and buying something 'just because' feels rather wasteful and pointless.

I'd just feel that I just 'settled' for something and would just feel unconnected to it.

I can't really explain it. I'd just rather buy something I like. Not much out there unfortunately.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Unfortunately, Nokia disappointed me and most people wanting a flagship device.

The phones are nice for their category though.

I don't think you're alone here at all on feeling that way. Nokia had no choice but to do this, even though I'll admit that I was kind of disappointed too.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It looks nice. I'll be curious for the in hand feel is like. I'm not rushing to replace my Honor 8, but I'll certainly look at this year's offerings in the store.

Honor 8 is another pretty device. I heared that it has the fastest fingerprint scanner?

I think Samsung's going to kill it this year. People simply like the edge display, and that's another thing I believe is going to help Huawei witj their sales.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

As for MWC I guess things are OK but I haven't seen anything I want. Oh well. I was hoping Nokia would have released a flagship but apparently Samsung has co-opted all the new chip sets.

I need to think about what I'm going to do now. Do I wait more or jump to something I may not be overly happy with.

What about the G6 or P10? They're pretty and more than fabolous?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Honor 8 is another pretty device. I heared that it has the fastest fingerprint scanner?

I think Samsung's going to kill it this year. People simply like the edge display, and that's another thing I believe is going to help Huawei witj their sales.

It is very fast with the fingerprint scanner!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte