WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I think my favorite feature on the Honor 8 is the eye comfort mode. I've left it on permanently and for me, it makes the screen such nicer for me to use. I wish my tablet had this mode...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Compact phones are becoming rare these days. The Sony devices look decent but man do they have really tall chins, I thought the Pixel was bad, these are worse!

So true and I hate it. I just had to try the X Compact last year because it sounded so nice. It felt slightly laggy but the real disappointment was in the cameras so I had to send it back.

Occasionally, I'm curious if that improved on Nougat or not.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think my favorite feature on the Honor 8 is the eye comfort mode. I've left it on permanently and for me, it makes the screen such nicer for me to use. I wish my tablet had this mode...

Nice! I don't think I have tried that before. That's awesome that it works so well for you.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nice! I don't think I have tried that before. That's awesome that it works so well for you.
I like cooler colors on the screen but that blue hint isn't so great for my eyes long term. It's why as much as I like LCDs, I prefer using AMOLED screens. Still, this eye comfort mode on the Honor 8 still gives me that realistic look of LCD but with less eye strain. Heard the G6 has an eye comfort mode too, so that's interesting.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I can understand this. Everyone is different of course with what works for them.

For me, I prefer to type one handed (and really do everything that way) so it's almost excellent for me even though I have long fingers. Add in a keyboard with gliding like GBoard and Word Flow, and I'm all set.
Apple works best on a smaller phone...I'm not sure if they stretched it appropriately for larger screens.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Well, 5 to 5.2". Anything smaller or larger is not really preferred.

I haven't really spent that much time with screens larger than 5'', that's why'd like to get one. Just to se how it feels like. I've got big hands, so managing the phone shouldn't be a problem.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I haven't really spent that much time with screens larger than 5'', that's why'd like to get one. Just to se how it feels like. I've got big hands, so managing the phone shouldn't be a problem.
My hands are fairly large, I can one hand a 5.2" phone easily, but I'm not a fan of carrying around a massive phone.

I don't usually carry a bag around with me so it has to be pocket-able. Not all my jeans or pants have deep pockets. I'd worry about it falling out.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Apple works best on a smaller phone...I'm not sure if they stretched it appropriately for larger screens.

I think you might be right. I remember seeing a post on AC about how Apple failed to scale properly in the dialer for the plus models. The person who posted that had images of how the dialer doesn't scale to match the Plus in the best way.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

My hands are fairly large, I can one hand a 5.2" phone easily, but I'm not a fan of carrying around a massive phone.

I don't usually carry a bag around with me so it has to be pocket-able. Not all my jeans or pants have deep pockets. I'd worry about it falling out.

I do have a bag with me most of the time, but I never carry my phone in it. And now that you've mentioned it, it could be an issue fitting it into a pocket. Never really thought of that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think you might be right. I remember seeing a post on AC about how Apple failed to scale properly in the dialer for the plus models. The person who posted that had images of how the dialer doesn't scale to match the Plus in the best way.
Android used to be horrible upscaled, but it's much better now. Makes me miss the old windows 8 design...

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Hah nice spelling of my name @larue lol... Your totally right I should have put a link to the forum!

In other news it's pretty much official now that I got the promotion I was after. Woo.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Just picked up a Mi Note 2 in black, the 6GB/128GB version. Pretty cool device. Am glad it came with a case. It is slippery!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Hah nice spelling of my name @larue lol... Your totally right I should have put a link to the forum!

In other news it's pretty much official now that I got the promotion I was after. Woo.
Congrats!! Did you already start or will you be starting soon?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

A skinny jeans man I see...Nothing wrong with that...

All jokes aside, being pocketable is still very important for a lot of people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb