WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Forgot to say that I got my Honor 8 back and I decided not to sell it since it came back with Marshmallow. I think I'm just going to stick to one of each OS. It's still fun.

So I'm not going to get the X Compact. I'm pretty sure that the Honor 8 has a better camera. It's not justified to get a smaller phone with a worse camera.
I think that's a good call. The X Compact is a worse offering than the honor 8, from what I've read. Glad to see you got back 6.0 on your Honor 8.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In a perfect world, I'd own a 950XL, G6 and Mi 5. The G6 as the daily driver, the XL for shooting pictures dedicated, and the Mi 5 for days when I don't want to lug around a big phone. I really, really wished the Mi 5 had proper T-Mobile support...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm about to finish grad school. It's been tough but for what I need to do, very necessary. Still, I like the idea of pushing my own key in my own door and not living with family. There's nothing like it...

I'm going to take your word for it. Congrats on almost finishing grad school! That must be intense.

I don't want to be super far from work, but at the same time, I don't want to be super far from the school I have in mind. I have a city in mind (2 really), it's just a matter of finding what I can afford there. Everything is $$ it seems, but probably not as much as you deal with in NYC though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Like I said, good luck with this one. I'm wondering what will happen first...You getting a new phone or Trump leaving office...

Just depends really. If the right phone at the right price comes along I may get it. 45 on the other hand may be more difficult to get rid of before the next election...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think that's a good call. The X Compact is a worse offering than the honor 8, from what I've read. Glad to see you got back 6.0 on your Honor 8.

Thanks!
I did compare the cameras for like one day but the issue with my contacts disappearing and reappearing pissed me off with the X Compact so it was immediately returned.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just depends really. If the right phone at the right price comes along I may get it. 45 on the other hand may be more difficult to get rid of before the next election...
Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my money is on Trump in this scenario (). I'm not even calling him by his current job title (which includes 45).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

In a perfect world, I'd own a 950XL, G6 and Mi 5. The G6 as the daily driver, the XL for shooting pictures dedicated, and the Mi 5 for days when I don't want to lug around a big phone. I really, really wished the Mi 5 had proper T-Mobile support...

Ooh that would be amazing! All that screen the G6 has is awesome. Very cool that you have a Mi 5.
Band 12 is so important to me at work. If it wasn't, I would try more phones for sure but the difference is night and day.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to take your word for it. Congrats on almost finishing grad school! That must be intense.

I don't want to be super far from work, but at the same time, I don't want to be super far from the school I have in mind. I have a city in mind (2 really), it's just a matter of finding what I can afford there. Everything is $$ it seems, but probably not as much as you deal with in NYC though.
There have been some good moments, but overall it's felt like being a contestant in a Trump beauty pageant when he's walked into the changing room...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

There have been some good moments, but overall it's felt like being a contestant in a Trump beauty pageant when he's walked into the changing room...

LOL! Hopefully it's been worth it for you though. If I can ask, what are you studying or what's your program?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ooh that would be amazing! All that screen the G6 has is awesome. Very cool that you have a Mi 5.
Band 12 is so important to me at work. If it wasn't, I would try more phones for sure but the difference is night and day.
I had a Mi 5 last fall. Being stuck on H+ in a dead zone was why I sold it; otherwise, I liked it a ton. Now, I'd make a better spare than the Robin if I made up to a G6.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

LOL! Hopefully it's been worth it for you though.
It's a necessary part of getting what I need done. If I could get what I want without grad school, I would have...But I cannot.

So it's not "worth it", but I have valued the experience tremendously.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I had a Mi 5 last fall. Being stuck on H+ in a dead zone was why I sold it; otherwise, I liked it a ton. Now, I'd make a better spare than the Robin if I made up to a G6.

Wow, that sounds like a nightmare. I would have sold that too, no one has time for that.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my money is on Trump in this scenario (). I'm not even calling him by his current job title (which includes 45).

I prefer 45 over his name... or Dump is possibly better...

I'm not against getting a new phone, it's really about what's worth my money.

Phones aren't cheap... they seemed to have gone in the opposite direction. Charging more for not much advancement.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's a necessary part of getting what I need done. If I could get what I want without grad school, I would have...But I cannot.

So it's not "worth it", but I have valued the experience tremendously.

Ohh okay. I can understand that. I think I am approaching that wall myself. Unless I want to do something different, this is how it has to be because I don't want to be on the level I'm on for the rest of my career.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow, that sounds like a nightmare. I would have sold that too, no one has time for that.
If I lived in NYC, I'd have been fine and kept the thing. It was one of those things where being on H+ doesn't bother you until you're in a spot where you need data to work and it doesn't because you're on H+. It's what I loved about the Z3 and Z Ultra before it...I was getting LTE in the dead zone in those days...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Phones aren't cheap... they seemed to have gone in the opposite direction. Charging more for not much advancement.

Haha Dump!

I totally understand what you mean. That makes a lot of sense to me actually. It sucks to think you are upgrading but then you are downgrading in another area and you are paying more as a result.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm not even calling him Dump or 45 out of respect for those two terms...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So here's the thing. I've seen my rent rise by $100 over the course of the nearly 7 years I've been here. Doesn't see like a lot, but it is. Ideally you want to be in a situation where your rent/mortgage accounts for a max 30% of your net monthly expenses for things to be sustainable in a safe way.

When I first got the apartment, it was at 35% for me, with another 15% in travel expenses. And this was before factoring food costs and other essentials. Now, I live in the NYC metro area with a higher cost of living so wages are supposedly higher to cover (so you see if you take pay cuts or make less money, you're Trump groped). You'd think my travel costs were too expensive but keep in mind I was doing this without a car and the cost of maintenance of a car in the Northeast is much more expensive than most places. So yes, I was going the cheaper(!) route. Now, it's over the years to be about 60% of expenses just on those two items...And before I had to quit my job, I had 1 raise in the last 3 years and the most I received as a raise was a 1% increase, which at one point was a net increase of $20 per paycheck.

Having fun so far?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So here's the thing. I've seen my rent rise by $100 over the course of the nearly 7 years I've been here. Doesn't see like a lot, but it is. Ideally you want to be in a situation where your rent/mortgage accounts for a max 30% of your net monthly expenses for things to be sustainable in a safe way.

When I first got the apartment, it was at 35% for me, with another 15% in travel expenses. And this was before factoring food costs and other essentials. Now, I live in the NYC metro area with a higher cost of living so wages are supposedly higher to cover (so you see if you take pay cuts or make less money, you're Trump groped). You'd think my travel costs were too expensive but keep in mind I was doing this without a car and the cost of maintenance of a car in the Northeast is much more expensive than most places. So yes, I was going the cheaper(!) route. Now, it's over the years to be about 60% of expenses just on those two items...And before I had to quit my job, I had 1 raise in the last 3 years and the most I received as a raise was a 1% increase, which at one point was a net increase of $20 per paycheck.

Having fun so far?

Wow. I see what you're saying. The fact that it's like that without a car is just, wow, for lack of a better word.

I'm in the Northeast too (well, to some people, I'm in the South, lol), so I get the point of the car thing. In the DC Metro area, housing is $ but it isn't too bad on the car bit. Anyway, what you said is helpful (even though it isn't pleasant) and I appreciate that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte