WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Omg the green one is amazing. I love it, just not that price tag haha. So pretty.

Not really that much into green. Don't remember if they offer the same blue as on Honor 8, but that's the one I'd like to have. It's just gorgeous.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm about to finish grad school. It's been tough but for what I need to do, very necessary. Still, I like the idea of pushing my own key in my own door and not living with family. There's nothing like it...

Too lazy to google, what's a grad school?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow. I see what you're saying. The fact that it's like that without a car is just, wow, for lack of a better word.
Now, I valued my own space. And in some cases when I was apartment hunting in the city they were asking for essentially 55% of my monthly expenses upfront. So when I got my apartment I had to sacrifice 4 hours of each day just to have access to a bit more of my income. The point is in sharing all this just to say it's important to know what you're willing to work through and improving your lot is essential.

Being an adult sucks sometimes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

And before I had to quit my job, I had 1 raise in the last 3 years and the most I received as a raise was a 1% increase, which at one point was a net increase of $20 per paycheck.

I'm going on two years without a raise and they just changed the formula to some new vague idea on performance, not sure how that's measured I don't have KPIs. The old was not much better...

Even though the company is doing OK here in the UK, the rest of the offices are not, so we suffer.

My last raise was in the 1% area as well.

Doesn't matter I guess. I don't plan to be here for too much longer, hopefully.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Now, I valued my own space. And in some cases when I was apartment hunting in the city they were asking for essentially 55% of my monthly expenses upfront. So when I got my apartment I had to sacrifice 4 hours of each day just to have access to a bit more of my income. The point is in sharing all this just to say it's important to know what you're willing to work through and improving your lot is essential.

Being an adult sucks sometimes.

Noted, thank you for the wise advice. I have friends who live on their own but they also make a quite a bit more than me. Idealistically, I wouldn't want a roommate but it might make more sense for me at this point in time.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Too lazy to google, what's a grad school?

Grad school is an optional level, where you get Master's and PhD (doctorate) degrees. If you wanted to be a lawyer, you would get your first (Bachelor's degree) and then instead of grad school, you would be going to law school.

It just depends on how far you want to go and how much education is needed for what you'll be doing.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm going on two years without a raise and they just changed the formula to some new vague idea on performance, not sure how that's measured I don't have KPIs. The old was not much better...

Even though the company is doing OK here in the UK, the rest of the offices are not, so we suffer.

My last raise was in the 1% area as well.

Doesn't matter I guess. I don't plan to be here for too much longer, hopefully.

I'm starting to wonder if this is just normal or something to get 1%.

Where I am, we only get a small raise to account for cost of living. Nothing more.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Omg the green one is amazing. I love it, just not that price tag haha. So pretty.

We in the USA don't need to be worried about temptation too much since Huawei is not going to sell the P series devices here. But we can get creative and try to import them from Canada...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

In a perfect world, I'd own a 950XL, G6 and Mi 5. The G6 as the daily driver, the XL for shooting pictures dedicated, and the Mi 5 for days when I don't want to lug around a big phone. I really, really wished the Mi 5 had proper T-Mobile support...

Meanwhile on Earth 2 MIA has a Honor 8, Nextbit Robin and a 950XL.
This year's Xiaomi devices get LTE on T-Mobile, just confirmed that with my Mi Note 2.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks!
I did compare the cameras for like one day but the issue with my contacts disappearing and reappearing pissed me off with the X Compact so it was immediately returned.

X Compact and the Z3 Compact are okay devices. If you were able to snag them for about 50% off the retail price then great, otherwise not worth it.
The Honor 8 is a solid device, actually feels slightly better in the hand versus my Pixel but that could be due to the difference in case quality.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

We in the USA don't need to be worried about temptation too much since Huawei is not going to sell the P series devices here. But we can get creative and try to import them from Canada...

That's true.

I tried to do that with the Huawei Nova (not the Plus) and I couldn't even find one. :( Just wanted it because it was smaller than the Honor 8. I don't think I can be bothered to deal with that lol.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So for the newer folks here, I've been studying part time to get a Master's in Social Work for the better part of the life of this thread (4 years). In order to practice as a social worker in the US, you need a license...In order to get access to federal jobs, you need to be a citizen. So I need to get those two things to really make some headway in the social work field.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Meanwhile on Earth 2 MIA has a Honor 8, Nextbit Robin and a 950XL.
This year's Xiaomi devices get LTE on T-Mobile, just confirmed that with my Mi Note 2.
That's why I wanted one of those if the camera was a bit better because it had everything I was missing outside of the wireless charging. I was reading the camera wasn't better than the Mi 5.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

X Compact and the Z3 Compact are okay devices. If you were able to snag them for about 50% off the retail price then great, otherwise not worth it.
The Honor 8 is a solid device, actually feels slightly better in the hand versus my Pixel but that could be due to the difference in case quality.

Hmm that's interesting that the Honor 8 feels slightly better in the hand. Funny that you say that because my hand is adjusting to the size of it and the adjustment period has been painful. The whole shifting in my hand thing again is making me debate my decision. I keep debating trying it again, because of this. I swear that the SE has spoiled me.

I really wanted a z3 compact but no band 12 doesn't work for me at work. :( The Honor 8 has amazing radios though and a very good selfie camera (not used all the time but still) so it's hard to give up that combo...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss