WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Does any of you guys actually use Cortana? At all? The only purpose it serves to me is IDing music really, nothing else.

I have the Cortana app on my iPhone 7 Plus... I never launch it though. I just have it in my "Microsoft collection" of apps.

Siri, I use daily.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have the Cortana app on my iPhone 7 Plus... I never launch it though. I just have it in my "Microsoft collection" of apps.

Siri, I use daily.
Now, why would you open an app to use a digital assistant whose functions are solely confined to the app being open (Cortana), when you have another assistant with system wise access where you don't need to have an active app open to use it (Siri)?

I mean isn't it hard to tell how good Cortana is on iOS when she doesn't have and will never have the same level of access that Siri does?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Siri, I use daily.

I used it to goof around for a while, then I got bored with it. My opinion is that AIs, in their current state, are pretty much useless at the moment.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Does any of you guys actually use Cortana? At all? The only purpose it serves to me is IDing music really, nothing else.
I use it for that and quiet hours.
Occasionally, I use it to call someone hands free. Sports scores too.

Sent from mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Siri, I use daily.
On iOS, it's only good for sports scores for me and it also tells me when the next game is, which is so needed for baseball games.

Sent from mTalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

On iOS, it's only good for sports scores for me and it also tells me when the next game is, which is so needed for baseball games.

Sent from mTalk
I need one that's as platform agnostic as myself, which wouldneed to hook into my Amazon Echo, tablets and phones...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Just got done handling 8 loudly screaming 7 year olds. My ears are still ringing.

Not a fan of kids myself. But in rare oscassion when I have to take care of them, I somehow manage just fine. I guess I'm good at find them occupations that don't really require my constat presence.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Just got done handling 8 loudly screaming 7 year olds. My ears are still ringing.

Not a fan of kids myself. But in rare oscassion when I have to take care of them, I somehow manage just fine. I guess I'm good at find them occupations that don't really require my constat presence.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

This is just nice. How the hell did I manage to make a double post, again. This happens way too often.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There are some days where I wish I was still into AOSP...Hard to find what I want in Android these days...

All OS are the same...The nightmares of being platform agnostic is that you never can find what you want mostly in one platform...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

There are some days where I wish I was still into AOSP...Hard to find what I want in Android these days...

All OS are the same...The nightmares of being platform agnostic is that you never can find what you want mostly in one platform...

I don't know, Windows 10 Mobile is in far worse state than Android. Especially on Insider Preview builds. And it's gotten quite boring as well. There hasn't been any new features or notable upgrades in a while.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't know, Windows 10 Mobile is in far worse state than Android. Especially on Insider Preview builds. And it's gotten quite boring as well. There hasn't been any new features or notable upgrades in a while.
There's no bed of roses in Android either.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Sports scores? How good does it do the job? I never realised I could use it fkr that purpose.

I think for it to work, it really depends on what teams you want to follow. Cortana is set to US (since I live there), and since I'm following an American baseball team, it works very well when it tells me the final scores. I have always gotten scores from it every day there's a game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb