WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Somehow this week went from super hard to nothing special at all. Two of my professor rescheduled our tests for the next week, which makes the very next week even worse than what this current one was supposed to be. It's just a huge mess created by the shortage of our working days. As the 4th graders, we'll be finished by the 4. of May, which is at least a month earlier than others.

Now, normally, this should have been regulated by the yearly plan. You can already guess it, it has not been done so. Now we, just like every other generation before us in the past 20 or so years, are stuck with too much stuff to learn in a too short period of time.

Another perk of being born in Balkans.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm attending a math-computer science department of our gymnasium, and yet, just like the nature department, and just like the language folks, I have to learn 54 pages of Caesar's comment on the battle of Gaul. Wonderful.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Alpine, Not Nelson... It's an American IPA in the glass.. But I like the toast... "May we be in heaven a full half hour before the devil knows we're dead."

ZizwdsU.jpg

Sent from mTalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't recall if I mentioned this or not.

My car was in a small collision in a parking lot, we weren't in the car. An older lady was parking her car and hit my tire and wheel well. Thankfully she didn't do a runner and we are now getting it fixed.

As part of the repair we get a rental car. I drive an automatic over here as using a manual is too painful. Strangely all the automatics were out and the only thing left was a Ford Transit Connect. Needless to say this is a ridiculous vehicle for me to drive. I typically drive the car 90% of the time to work.

Thankfully I was able to get a smaller car and now I have a Vauxhaul Astra (Saturn Astra for you in the US or Opel for the rest of the EU) It's a GM car anyway...

Still annoyed I had to take the car in though. :/

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My car was in a small collision in a parking lot, we weren't in the car. An older lady was parking her car and hit my tire and wheel well. Thankfully she didn't do a runner and we are now getting it fixed.

As part of the repair we get a rental car. I drive an automatic over here as using a manual is too painful. Strangely all the automatics were out and the only thing left was a Ford Transit Connect. Needless to say this is a ridiculous vehicle for me to drive. I typically drive the car 90% of the time to work.

Thankfully I was able to get a smaller car and now I have a Vauxhaul Astra (Saturn Astra for you in the US or Opel for the rest of the EU) It's a GM car anyway...

Whoa. Good to hear that you got a smaller car now. When do you get your actual car back?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My mom is leaving today for almost 3 weeks. I'm not sure if I feel so drained because of that or just in general or both even. She has a lot of things to do over there.
I didn't get a chance to do a goodbye hug. :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Whoa. Good to hear that you got a smaller car now. When do you get your actual car back?

Not sure. I was supposed to have a call yesterday telling me the timeline but nothing as of yet.

They told me initially five days but if they're busy probably longer.

Doesn't matter really.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Supposed to get my replacement X compact today, but weather has delayed it. Today doesn't seem likely unfortunately. There's a stronger possibility for tomorrow.

It feels like it's taken so long now that I could have possibly ordered another phone and had it by now. :/

I'm going to see if this phone was really worth all this or not. At the moment, I'm debating it and it isn't even here yet.

Edit: This reads as a true first world problem, but oh well.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Edit: This reads as a true first world problem, but oh well.

It's funny what we worry and stress over isn't it?

I'm personally in the process of minimalism my life a little more. Come the warmer weather I'm doing start the charity/recycle/trash/keep bit.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's funny what we worry and stress over isn't it?

I'm personally in the process of minimalism my life a little more. Come the warmer weather I'm doing start the charity/recycle/trash/keep bit.

You're right, it is funny.

That sounds good! I think it will feel really nice to do that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

1 hour to go...really 50 minutes. Bummed that I can't get my phone today but more bummed about my mom going. Can't control her but it would have been nice to have the feeling of a new toy in the meanwhile. I really hope it will come tomorrow...

Oh, just got called into a meeting at work.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My mom is leaving today for almost 3 weeks. I'm not sure if I feel so drained because of that or just in general or both even. She has a lot of things to do over there.
I didn't get a chance to do a goodbye hug. :/
Does your mum live far away?

An engineer at my work has her parents over at the moment and she's doing ok so far but i think they'll slowly drive her nuts.

It's only natural though. Once you leave home any visitors will drain you or drive you crazy.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Does your mum live far away?

An engineer at my work has her parents over at the moment and she's doing ok so far but i think they'll slowly drive her nuts.

It's only natural though. Once you leave home any visitors will drain you or drive you crazy.
Nope, she normally lives with us.

I believe that, I have been annoyed with every visitor that has stayed here haha. After 2 days, I'm done. Not sure how it's going to go when my sister gets married this year, because there will be a lot of people coming from overseas and out of state.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I like that the damage wasn't serious, and that the woman had insurance.

I don't like that your car was damaged.

Ford Transit Connect is a ridiculous car to provide as a rental. I'm glad you're not stuck with that beast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss