WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Supposed to get my replacement X compact today, but weather has delayed it. Today doesn't seem likely unfortunately. There's a stronger possibility for tomorrow.

It feels like it's taken so long now that I could have possibly ordered another phone and had it by now. :/

I'm going to see if this phone was really worth all this or not. At the moment, I'm debating it and it isn't even here yet.

Edit: This reads as a true first world problem, but oh well.

I ordered some vinyl LPs from Discogs. One seller told me my record would be late, since he lives in the NY area hard hit by snow. I told him not to worry. I'm not going to give negative feedback for something involving weather that is beyond anyone's control.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I like that the damage wasn't serious, and that the woman had insurance.

I don't like that your car was damaged.

Ford Transit Connect is a ridiculous car to provide as a rental. I'm glad you're not stuck with that beast.
The thing with the Ford Transit. It's ok to drive. Parking was the problem. Also fuel economy wasn't that great even being a diesel.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I ordered some vinyl LPs from Discogs. One seller told me my record would be late, since he lives in the NY area hard hit by snow. I told him not to worry. I'm not going to give negative feedback for something involving weather that is beyond anyone's control.

That's so kind of you. I hope that you get it soon!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My phone is finally on the truck for delivery today! Yay!

Longest phone delivery ever haha. Actually it's not, it just feels like it though. The retailer I bought the phone from is in NY too, but considering that I'm a few states down, deliveries are usually the next day for me (at no additional cost).

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I don't recall if I mentioned this or not.

My car was in a small collision in a parking lot, we weren't in the car. An older lady was parking her car and hit my tire and wheel well. Thankfully she didn't do a runner and we are now getting it fixed.

As part of the repair we get a rental car. I drive an automatic over here as using a manual is too painful. Strangely all the automatics were out and the only thing left was a Ford Transit Connect. Needless to say this is a ridiculous vehicle for me to drive. I typically drive the car 90% of the time to work.

Thankfully I was able to get a smaller car and now I have a Vauxhaul Astra (Saturn Astra for you in the US or Opel for the rest of the EU) It's a GM car anyway...

Still annoyed I had to take the car in though. :/

Well Astra isn't that bad really. It just depends how much petrol does it waste. If I remember correctly, there aren't diesel models of these.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

My phone is finally on the truck for delivery today! Yay!

Longest phone delivery ever haha. Actually it's not, it just feels like it though. The retailer I bought the phone from is in NY too, but considering that I'm a few states down, deliveries are usually the next day for me (at no additional cost).

I got mine yesterday. Didn't wait full 24 hours. Though the delivery guy wasn't the brightest person I spoke to that day. I literally had to draw the instructions to my house, which are not complicated at all.

He ended up leaving the package in the nearby store. Anyway, I'm glad it came that fast. And I didn't have to pay for anything!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I got mine yesterday. Didn't wait full 24 hours. Though the delivery guy wasn't the brightest person I spoke to that day. I literally had to draw the instructions to my house, which are not complicated at all.

He ended up leaving the package in the nearby store. Anyway, I'm glad it came that fast. And I didn't have to pay for anything!

Congrats on the phone! That's awesome that you didn't have to pay for anything \o/ Is it too early to ask what you think of the phone, so far?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Congrats on the phone! That's awesome that you didn't have to pay for anything \o/ Is it too early to ask what you think of the phone, so far?

Well I'm loving Android so far. I can see why it's a number one platform. No matter how much Iiked WM it still lags so much behind Android.

I was stunned by the vast selection of available apps, quality apps! I had a bit of a trouble finding a music app that suits me, but I managed to figure that one out.

Themes are also a nice edition. Got it all set to a sort of dark style. Haven't played with launchers yet. Don't want to loose warranty yet, lol.

What I'm missing from my Lumia is definitely the Glance screen, the keyboard and that little pointer on the keyboard to navigate through the text. And the battery life is pretty much poor. Almost the same battery as in Lumia but with cut in half performances.

Oh and the camera is just a little bit weaker, nothing too much. As

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It was delivered! Because I'm impatient, I went home to get it since it came right before my lunch break. It's on the charger.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well I'm loving Android so far. I can see why it's a number one platform. No matter how much Iiked WM it still lags so much behind Android.

I was stunned by the vast selection of available apps, quality apps! I had a bit of a trouble finding a music app that suits me, but I managed to figure that one out.

Themes are also a nice edition. Got it all set to a sort of dark style. Haven't played with launchers yet. Don't want to loose warranty yet, lol.

What I'm missing from my Lumia is definitely the Glance screen, the keyboard and that little pointer on the keyboard to navigate through the text. And the battery life is pretty much poor. Almost the same battery as in Lumia but with cut in half performances.

Oh and the camera is just a little bit weaker, nothing too much. As

I can imagine and relate. Good to hear that you decided on a music app.

No worries, launchers wouldn't make you lose your warranty. Installing a custom or different kind of ROM over the one that came with your phone, will though. Your theme sounds nice.

Aw, okay. That sucks that the battery is less. Hopefully it will settle in and you can possibly tweak some stuff to make it better. You should try SwiftKey, it might give you a similar experience to the Lumia keyboard.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I can imagine and relate. Good to hear that you decided on a music app.

No worries, launchers wouldn't make you lose your warranty. Installing a custom or different kind of ROM over the one that came with your phone, will though. Your theme sounds nice.

Aw, okay. That sucks that the battery is less. Hopefully it will settle in and you can possibly tweak some stuff to make it better. You should try SwiftKey, it might give you a similar experience to the Lumia keyboard.

Tried swift, didn't really like it. I'm doing almost fine with Gboard, added borders to it and it works much better now.

Oh, I thought launchers affect my warranty as well, thanks for the info. I'll definitely try some of them, though this one's pretty much stock Android.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I guess I missed the device name and model number. What phone did you get?

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

What on earth did I miss? Rose bought a new phone and Rue is back on Astra? 😀 Rose, what did you buy? And Rue, it is the new Astra, correct?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What on earth did I miss? Rose bought a new phone and Rue is back on Astra? 😀 Rose, what did you buy? And Rue, it is the new Astra, correct?
It's only a rental as my car is in the body shop. It's a 2015. No DAB radio. Very disappointing.

Nice seats though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Tried swift, didn't really like it. I'm doing almost fine with Gboard, added borders to it and it works much better now.

Oh, I thought launchers affect my warranty as well, thanks for the info. I'll definitely try some of them, though this one's pretty much stock Android.
If you're into round icons I recommend the Pixel Icon Pack. I've played around with some launchers but I keep coming back to the basics. I'm still open to trying some others out.

There's a new theming tool by Google that has suggestions. Some people took it too seriously though. I saw it as a starting point.

https://www.android.com/myandroid/taste-test/#/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss