WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Tried swift, didn't really like it. I'm doing almost fine with Gboard, added borders to it and it works much better now.

Oh, I thought launchers affect my warranty as well, thanks for the info. I'll definitely try some of them, though this one's pretty much stock Android.
Gboard works just as well for me as SwiftKey in terms of using the swipe keyboard. However, Gboard doesn't lag. SwiftKey was quite laggy for me.

I use Nova Launcher Prime even though I have stock Android devices.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

If you're into round icons I recommend the Pixel Icon Pack. I've played around with some launchers but I keep coming back to the basics. I'm still open to trying some others out.

There's a new theming tool by Google that has suggestions. Some people took it too seriously though. I saw it as a starting point.

https://www.android.com/myandroid/taste-test/#/

I know about the tool, I'll definitely try it out. It's just that this launcher is doing a pretty much god job.

As long as the icons are not trying to immitate3D objects, I'm fine with them.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I would prefer a petrol personally but it's not very economical for me. I'd like to get a hybrid in the future or full electric.

I don't know, petrol is a bigger waster and costs more. As you said, not very economical at all. Electric is a best way to go, if the circumstances allow you of course. You need to count in the battery life, availability of the charging stations and the reach. Tesla is a giid way to go, maybe a bit pricey though.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Gboard works just as well for me as SwiftKey in terms of using the swipe keyboard. However, Gboard doesn't lag. SwiftKey was quite laggy for me.

I use Nova Launcher Prime even though I have stock Android devices.

Swiftkey also lagged in my case. Though it was nothing serious, I still don't want to have a laggy keyboard.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Finally. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it.
The size is perfect for me. Speakers are okay. I'm liking it a lot but the front camera is yellowish in low light. So conflicted. Can't comment on battery life yet.

It almost hits the spot so far.

Sony works excellent with my contacts.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I did a comparison and out of four phones, it is the worst. :/ The size is perfect but I know that the front camera will bother me if I keep it so I guess I'm not. Welp.

Going to try some third party apps though.

Edit: No luck with third party apps. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I would prefer a petrol personally but it's not very economical for me. I'd like to get a hybrid in the future or full electric.
Almost no cars here have DAB, we got only about half a year ago.

I also like petrol more. About hybrids and electric cars, Hyundai Ioniq looks nice and you can get it as normal hybrid, plug in hybrid or fully electric.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

The size is perfect for me. Speakers are okay. I'm liking it a lot but the front camera is yellowish in low light. So conflicted. Can't comment on battery life yet.

It almost hits the spot so far.

Sony works excellent with my contacts.

Sorry to hear that. Front camera doesn't matter that much to me, really. I useed the Lumia 640 with 0.9MP front camera.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I did a comparison and out of four phones, it is the worst. :/ The size is perfect but I know that the front camera will bother me if I keep it so I guess I'm not. Welp.

Going to try some third party apps though.

Edit: No luck with third party apps. Decisions, decisions.
Time to swap out three of the devices for a Pixel😁

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, based on what's out there...the only two phones I'm looking at for an upgrade is a 128GB Pixel or a G6. I'd prefer the G6, but I'm watching to see if there are any production issues (bottloops, etc).

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well, based on what's out there...the only two phones I'm looking at for an upgrade is a 128GB Pixel or a G6. I'd prefer the G6, but I'm watching to see if there are any production issues (bottloops, etc).
As much as I like the G6, I'm not sure if there will be enough app support for the 18:9 screen ratio. Other than that, pretty solid effort this time around from LG.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I landed my new job successfully, which officially starts on May 1 (even though i'll be doing the job before that!) and preparations for the wedding are ramping up. On top of this we're looking for our house - I never knew I needed to know so much about mortgages etc in order to make a good decision about a house. Man what a busy time!

How are y'all?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

They said they've taken care of these, and I haven't seen reports of such yet.

P10/Plus is a no go?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

As much as I like the G6, I'm not sure if there will be enough app support for the 18:9 screen ratio. Other than that, pretty solid effort this time around from LG.

Samsung is going with the same ratio, so if not for LG, they'll definitely make apps to suite S8s. That's at least what I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6