WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I landed my new job successfully, which officially starts on May 1 (even though i'll be doing the job before that!) and preparations for the wedding are ramping up. On top of this we're looking for our house - I never knew I needed to know so much about mortgages etc in order to make a good decision about a house. Man what a busy time!

How are y'all?
Congrats on the new position. Same place?

Buying a house in the UK is not fun. I hated every minute of it and took a lot of the shine off the excitement. Then I had the renovations which added to the disappointment...

I guess you're getting close to your wedding now?

As for me, keeping well enough. Looking forward to my trip to Bordeaux and checking out some properties.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Lots of mobile talk. I'll stay out of that. I don't have much of an opinion on tech these days. Not much really exciting and the prices have got out of hand for what you get.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

As for people playing their music or movies without headphones on public transit. Yeah I'm not very fond of them either. I keep thinking of that part in Star Trek - The Voyage Home where Spock does the nerve pinch on that guy blasting his radio on the bus...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's been a quiet weekend for the most part. Weather hasn't been too great. Nice to have these long weekends every two weeks. :)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I wish I had a four day work week ahead! Gotta go dumpster diving on Monday for the lawyers...
Good luck with that!

Last week, it was the snow day. This week is spring break for the students but staff/faculty only get one day off. At least it's Monday though!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't remember if I shared this here or not... but I made a new sig pic for my automotive forums (dodgeintrepid.net, forFMJbodies, MoparForums, etc)

6235e21b320b11463de4fbdf3f0caf79.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Huawei kind of let me down. The phone's great and all that with it's top notch specs, but I was left disappointed when I found out all they did was recycling the old, P9 design. That's one of the reasons I wasn't a huge fan of S7.
You do realize sometimes it's better to refine a design than to always put out a new one, right?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

16 is only acceptable with an SD card slot, to me at least.
I'm in the 32GB + SD slot or 64GB internal as my minimums. Only reason I bought a Robin was it was the cheapest temp phone I could get quickly at the time so I made due with the storage. Only reason why I got the 32GB Mi 5 was that it was the cheapest I could find that phone for. It was a struggle either way though based on my needs (I keep a minimum of 9GB of music on me).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte