WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I've got mixed feelings on this topic, so I'll stay silent.

Fanboys in those days were just as bad as they are now.

Ahh I'm curious but I get why you would want to stay silent.

Very true about fanboys now, I'll take your word for it on how they were before.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Are you real? One million? What for if I may ask? :D I just have those that I listen to, nothing besides that.
I'm 1800+ and I'm missing a lot of music still.

I doubt I know a million songs... I think I knew someone who had a similar goal.

Last edited:

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I'm at 25,000 songs. Include some songs I converted from ancient cassette tapes.
I'm sort of a completist, collecting by artist and their albums, plus the occasional singles.
I usually keep about 400-500 songs on the phone, but rarely listen to all of them...

... !!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Congrats on the new position. Same place?

Buying a house in the UK is not fun. I hated every minute of it and took a lot of the shine off the excitement. Then I had the renovations which added to the disappointment...

I guess you're getting close to your wedding now?

As for me, keeping well enough. Looking forward to my trip to Bordeaux and checking out some properties.

Yeah the job is in the same place which is handy for travelling costs etc, it's also why I stayed there for so long because I knew the opportunity would come up. At the moment we're in the awkward phase where a couple of people that have been made redundant are working their last weeks before the new roles start.

Are you moving to Bordeaux or outside of the Uk?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah the job is in the same place which is handy for travelling costs etc, it's also why I stayed there for so long because I knew the opportunity would come up. At the moment we're in the awkward phase where a couple of people that have been made redundant are working their last weeks before the new roles start.

Nothing worse than redundancy situations. I've been through a few of those in my career. I luckily never got made redundant but the atmosphere is never great.

We're not moving to Bordeaux but that's the easiest airport and the flights were cheap. :)

We're eventually moving to France. When and where exactly is still up in the air. Currently we're just checking things out.

Well, 'when' will hopefully be within the next two years. We originally had a five year plan but we're worried about the economic outlook and house prices possibly slumping once the UK leaves the EU.

On top of that both of us have had enough of the rat race. I'm not a fan of the industry I'm in and I'd like more time for life, the commute has got to me. We have several business ideas so we'll have a diverse income.

I know there's no such thing as a perfect country or a perfect economic situation but from what we know France is a good place with friendly people and we feel we can make ends meet well enough so we don't have to worry.

Then I'll at least have some time to hopefully do things I want. We'll there's always hope right? LOL!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Genograms are always an interesting exercise.

Looks like my lineage is littered with British, Scot and Irish mixed in with Sierra Leone roots. Ah yes, there were slave masters in there too. And I may have gone to high school with some distant kin and wasn't made aware.

Family secrets...gotta love em...

I've been wanting to do a ancestry DNA test. I'm curious to know.

I probably have a mix of Scott, Brit and Irish, well I'm sure I have the Brit and Irish not sure of anything else though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Congratulations on your new position.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've been wanting to do a ancestry DNA test. I'm curious to know.

I probably have a mix of Scott, Brit and Irish, well I'm sure I have the Brit and Irish not sure of anything else though.

It's interesting to be able to talk to the "keepers of the history" in a family. In many ways, when people don't have access to their family roots, it can be very crippling.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Weather is really crap at the moment... We had one day of warm weather last week. Now it's cold, windy and rain.

First day of spring too...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo