WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Other than this annoying problem, Android is a real beauty. Got myself a Nova laucher, set it up the way i wanted and it looks pretty as hell. I also installed Next lockscreen, since the one the phone came with was just bad.

I also found a great app to track my fitness activities. Which is a huge deal for me. Before, I had to bother with not so good apps in Windows Store, and the cycling apps weren't that good either.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I just checked, it's definitely not bad wifi, even when it disconnects it shows almost a full bar.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Woohoo! Brexit notification set for 29 March 2017...

Let's party like it's 1899....

I almost wish they'd do a countdown like New Year's Eve....

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

To quote Michael Stipe: It's the end of the world as we know it....
But, I don't feel fine. :(

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

And here I thought the Brits were smart...Guess these days I have to rework my definitions for "smarts"...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

And here I thought the Brits were smart...Guess these days I have to rework my definitions for "smarts"...
I think the UK lost that title some time ago.

Some stats about the referendum:

- Largest turn out from social housing in decades. Some even voting for the first time ever.
- A lot of young people didn't bother to turn out.
- Older generation typically voted out.
- Except for the London area and majority of Scotland the majority of the UK voted to leave.
- Only 2/3 of voters voted
- EU citizens were not allowed to vote.
- The vote was based on Tory inside party fighting and outside pressures from far right parties.
- Euroscepticism had been around for over 20 years.
- A large portion of UK cisterns have very little to no clue on how the EU works. Relying on far right tabloids for their news.
- Vote result was 52 - 48

There's a whole bunch of stuff I could say but you can see yourself that it's a big mess and i can say with some certainty that those who voted to leave are happy with whatever consequences may come so long as they get their country back... And keep the foreigners out.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think the UK lost that title some time ago.

Some stats about the referendum:

- Largest turn out from social housing in decades. Some even voting for the first time ever.
- A lot of young people didn't bother to turn out.
- Older generation typically voted out.
- Except for the London area and majority of Scotland the majority of the UK voted to leave.
- Only 2/3 of voters voted
- EU citizens were not allowed to vote.
- The vote was based on Tory inside party fighting and outside pressures from far right parties.
- Euroscepticism had been around for over 20 years.
- A large portion of UK cisterns have very little to no clue on how the EU works. Relying on far right tabloids for their news.
- Vote result was 52 - 48

There's a whole bunch of stuff I could say but you can see yourself that it's a big mess and i can say with some certainty that those who voted to leave are happy with whatever consequences may come so long as they get their country back... And keep the foreigners out.
That's the same thing here with the "forgotten factory worker" Trump targeted during his election...The same base that may get screwed with some of the changes coming along in the pipeline...

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'd like to think us brits are still smart but recent events sure don't give me any confidence at all. I'm wondering if Scotland will brexit (as in leave Britain) this time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's the same thing here with the "forgotten factory worker" Trump targeted during his election...The same base that may get screwed with some of the changes coming along in the pipeline...

Oh there's very little doubt that whatever happens with the UK, those 'forgotten people' will feel the worst of any ill effects. But they got their country back!

Funnily enough, the government has already stated (though not sure why anyone would come to the UK anyway) that immigration levels probably won't change, just 'who' can come. Which is quite amusing. As the biggest issue is mostly quantity of immigrants, not necessarily where they're from.

This should prove amusing.

Oh, one last stat from above that I forgot to mention which will bring it even more in line with the US... Typically those with higher education voted remain.

Of course that just added to the whole 'elitist' mindset that's taken over the country.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'd like to think us brits are still smart but recent events sure don't give me any confidence at all. I'm wondering if Scotland will brexit (as in leave Britain) this time.

Well it's not just Scotland this time. You have Wales and Northern Ireland now talking about leaving.

I can understand Northern Ireland wanting to leave and to unify. That has it's own set of issues though.

I can't say for certain what would happen with Scotland and Wales. I think most would like to see what happens with the negotiations before making any decision though.

It wasn't the 'smart' people of the UK that took us out of the EU. It was the ignorant.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well it's not just Scotland this time. You have Wales and Northern Ireland now talking about leaving.

I can understand Northern Ireland wanting to leave and to unify. That has it's own set of issues though.

I can't say for certain what would happen with Scotland and Wales. I think most would like to see what happens with the negotiations before making any decision though.

It wasn't the 'smart' people of the UK that took us out of the EU. It was the ignorant.
That's why ignorant are ignorant...They clamor for what they want while what they need get taken away under their nose...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sad is what it is.

It reflects the UK very well too. Exchange Mexican for Eastern European, Brexit for Trump and you have a similar story somewhere here.
We have always had more in common than our differences would say.

I wasn't going to post this, but yesterday I got stopped near my apartment by an older woman (my guess is late 40s - mid 50s) was seeking cash to buy a meal for her kids in school. She stated she was recently laid off from work and was running low on food. So we went to the nearby supermarket and I paid for some items for her to cook a small meal.

While I couldn't offer her work, I passed along the information for a food pantry (which wasn't open on Mondays) and a few words of encouragement.

And when I hear those wonder breads in Washington such as the Speaker of the House and the Budget secretary talk about this phantom "mother of two in Detroit" shoe justifying these pseudo policies, it makes my skin crawl. They've never been poor, and even if they were at one point...They're so far removed from my that they want to forget it.

It just reinforces this song indeed...

https://youtu.be/8gs-HgqbIcg

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Even thought the situation's far from funny, I just couldn't make it without laughing.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It's not just Brits, there's much more to the story. I'm fearing that we've got the '30s back in Europe. Austria is not far behind UK, Hungary is even worse, and Italy is a bit suspicious to me as well.

I'm hoping that the Germany will manage to keep it's common sense. If Germany goes nuts, then all I can say is, f***.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

If they don't make some sort of agreement with the government that will allow them to stay in EU, then sure, it's a possibility.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss