WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So we managed to sell our old mattress. They're​ coming today to get it. It's still in good condition, even with the factory defect. It was always a bit firm for us as well.

We were going to pay someone to take it but this works out better.

We only sold it for £20. Better than paying someone to take it!
Nice, congrats! Did you get to sleep on the new one yet? How is it?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think that's a great plan. I hope you'll have better luck than me with downgrading.

That's understandable. In the end, you have to do what works for you. I agree about the phone being nice.
I still prefer smaller phones...But because I use eBooks, I'd rather have the convenience of being able to have my social work reference books on a more readable screen and not always have to pull my tablet out to do that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think that's a great plan. I hope you'll have better luck than me with downgrading.

That's understandable. In the end, you have to do what works for you. I agree about the phone being nice.
If your sister is looking and I get that calling bug taken care of, a deal can certain be made.

I'll likely post stuff on Android Central sometime this week once the replacement arrives and gets set up and such.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I still prefer smaller phones...But because I use eBooks, I'd rather have the convenience of being able to have my social work reference books onna more readable screen and not always have to pull my tablet out to do that.
Ooh okay, that makes a lot of sense.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

If your sister is looking and I get that calling bug taken care of, a deal can certain be made.

I'll likely post stuff on Android Central sometime this week once the replacement arrives and gets set up and such.
Cool. Sounds good. You have a black one, right?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Well daylight savings has started. I know other places have already moved. It's always painful the first few days...
It took almost a week for it to catch up to me and make me feel unwell. Luckily I've been feeling OK ever since.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I really liked the honor 8. The helpful thing is the the issues I have I believe are 100% software related as when it was on EMUI 4.1 + 6.0.1, everything was fine. So before I sell it I plan to do a factory reset and test it out to make sure. If I notice this issue still happening on a clean install, I may either send it back as libra did or do a downgrade myself.

It's a nice phone...I just decided to move up to a phablet reluctantly for better organization and productivity reasons.
So fortunately my replacement was delivered late yesterday. I'm in the process of setting it up now.

I'm still impressed as to how MSFT still managed to fit the same sized screen with a better screen and removable battery in a slightly smaller footprint.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This will be my setup for a while...A 950XL and a Xiaomi Mi Note 2.
8ffab87316954dd38bf2313f7ef28c23.jpg
899eff30098e23b9aa39fbcba62db1ab.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So fortunately my replacement was delivered late yesterday. I'm in the process of setting it up now.

I'm still impressed as to how MSFT still managed to fit the same sized screen with a better screen and removable battery in a slightly smaller footprint.
Let us know how that goes for you!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nice, congrats! Did you get to sleep on the new one yet? How is it?
Tonight is the first night. The chemical smell is very strong. We've been airing it out for the last two nights.

It's still not great but will survive.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Tonight is the first night. The chemical smell is very strong. We've been airing it out for the last two nights.

It's still not great but will survive.
Ooh okay, I see. Hopefully it would feel so good that the smell will be an afterthought.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Initial impressions: I like this device so far.

It is a big device and does take so getting used to as I haven't used a device this size in a while. Comparatively speaking, the 950XL feels a lot more compact, even though dimensions wise, it is about 85% smaller.

On the performance level, the phone is quick...Like with the Mi 5 before it, I disable system transitions so the phone screams. Aesthetically, it looks really good. Curved screen is somewhat of a gimmick (this DOES lacks the Edge software as seen in the Galaxy series), but looks great.

Camera is TBD...I've got to take the GF's in-laws to Ellis Island Tuesday so I'll test it out then.

Still need to set it up how I fully want, but I'm looking forward to using it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Initial impressions: I like this device so far.

It is a big device and does take so getting used to as I haven't used a device this size in a while. Comparatively speaking, the 950XL feels a lot more compact, even though dimensions wise, it is about 85% smaller.

On the performance level, the phone is quick...Like with the Mi 5 before it, I disable system transitions so the phone screams. Aesthetically, it looks really good. Curved screen is somewhat of a gimmick (this DOES lacks the Edge software as seen in the Galaxy series), but looks great.

Camera is TBD...I've got to take the GF's in-laws to Ellis Island Tuesday so I'll test it out then.

Still need to set it up how I fully want, but I'm looking forward to using it.

Sweet! Glad that you are liking it. Thanks for sharing impressions!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo