WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The difference in my iPhone SE and the Pixel radios is very noticeable at work. I think I'm officially spoiled. Glad that the replacement Pixel is just ready for me to go home and set it up.

That and somehow I cracked my screen protector on the SE yesterday somehow. :/ Glad it's the screen protector and not the screen itself but wow it looks so ugly. It's not across the screen or anything but part of the crack shows on the screen.

Interesting. I was considering getting an SE just for the size. Was kind of wanting something nice and small for running around at work.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Interesting. I was considering getting an SE just for the size. Was kind of wanting something nice and small for running around at work.

I really like it, it's great! You should go for it. I bought mine a year ago and it's still awesome to me. The only reason I don't use it as much is not because of radios. It's because the lack of customization gets to me after a while. The size is awesome though for many things.
At the moment the Pixel is the only Android equal in being smaller and all, without compromise.

I tried a lot of phones last year and it's pretty much one of the only ones I kept.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Yeah I'm very similar. I've been through about ten phones in the last year. I'm torn in that I like a big phone for relaxing and surfing and the forums etc but it's nice to have a small one at work for the day as well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yeah I'm very similar. I've been through about ten phones in the last year. I'm torn in that I like a big phone for relaxing and surfing and the forums etc but it's nice to have a small one at work for the day as well.

Yeah that makes sense to me. I think you'll probably appreciate the SE if you are fine with the size. A decent number of people think it's too small. I enjoy going to games and not having to worry about it since it's super pocket friendly. The only way one would make me give up my SE is if I am getting an updated model that is the same size. xd

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Well quick update, the new home is now insured, the land searched and mortgage survey is happening this week and mortgage should be final next week. Busy and exciting times. Alongside this all wedding preparations are underway and new job preparations are going on.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Well quick update, the new home is now insured, the land searched and mortgage survey is happening this week and mortgage should be final next week. Busy and exciting times. Alongside this all wedding preparations are underway and new job preparations are going on.

Awesome congrats. Those are such fantastic and exciting times. Good luck!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Congrats and good luck! Busy busy busy!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So... I haven't flown United Airlines since 2005. Which was actually one of the worst fights I was ever on btw.

After that video I saw last night I have zero desire to ever fly with them again.

If your employees come before your customers I want nothing to do with you. I hope you treat your employees well but not to the point of interfering with paying customers.

I do hope that man, apparently a doctor, sue their asses off. Including the police force for brutality. Strong arming a paying customer off a plane... What is the world coming to... United Airlines looks really bad to the rest of the world atm.

Things like this just adds to the list of why I don't want to travel to the USA any time soon. It's become quite a silly place. It always has been I know but it just seems to have gone down even further than normal.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Congrats!

Do you have to do any renovations planned for the house?

Ah, weddings... :)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of airlines and air travel. My first flight tomorrow morning got cancelled. I got rebooked but now have to fight LA traffic in the morning to go to LAX instead of Burbank.

And for the record I am not flying United.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just found out my SIM contract is over so now I'm looking for something new. Just need to sort out who has the best deal. It's looking like I will change providers. The one I have is pretty expensive for what you get.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Also, 99 thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass on the P10 for the moment.

I'm still debating if I should just get something for the 'meantime' or get something up to date.

I don't do too much with my phone. Main two things for me are camera (decent, doesn't have to be spectacular) and battery life.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So... I haven't flown United Airlines since 2005. Which was actually one of the worst fights I was ever on btw.

After that video I saw last night I have zero desire to ever fly with them again.

If your employees come before your customers I want nothing to do with you. I hope you treat your employees well but not to the point of interfering with paying customers.

I do hope that man, apparently a doctor, sue their asses off. Including the police force for brutality. Strong arming a paying customer off a plane... What is the world coming to... United Airlines looks really bad to the rest of the world atm.

Things like this just adds to the list of why I don't want to travel to the USA any time soon. It's become quite a silly place. It always has been I know but it just seems to have gone down even further than normal.

I heard about this. United should be ashamed of themselves. Seriously all of that was so uncalled for.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Speaking of airlines and air travel. My first flight tomorrow morning got cancelled. I got rebooked but now have to fight LA traffic in the morning to go to LAX instead of Burbank.

And for the record I am not flying United.

Glad that you aren't flying United but that's a bummer about the traffic. I wish you safe travels though!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Also, 99 thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass on the P10 for the moment.

I'm still debating if I should just get something for the 'meantime' or get something up to date.

I don't do too much with my phone. Main two things for me are camera (decent, doesn't have to be spectacular) and battery life.

That's up to you. If you do get something in the meanwhile, why not a phone you always wanted to try or a Moto G5 Plus? Apparently images are decent and battery life is great. It's a bit tall and has a bit of bezel but I was considering it myself.

I would also suggest the iPhone SE but that might be too small and you might not care for Apple.

Edit: On second thought about the G5 Plus, I take back what I said about the camera based on a review I just watched. How about the XZ since the XZs are the new thing?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's up to you. If you do get something in the meanwhile, why not a phone you always wanted to try or a Moto G5 Plus? Apparently images are decent and battery life is great. It's a bit tall and has a bit of bezel but I was considering it myself.

I would also suggest the iPhone SE but that might be too small and you might not care for Apple.

Edit: On second thought about the G5 Plus, I take back what I said about the camera based on a review I just watched. How about the XZ since the XZs are the new thing?

I'm not in to huge phones. 5.2" is as large as I want to go. I know some of the newer phones have managed to make their devices smaller while having a large screen but that's high end and way too much money.

I've never tried an iPhone and really have no desire to. The SE would be too small for me now.

I am still considering the XZ but it's still up there in price. I can get it for about £385 which isn't too bad. It'd be great if it got to £350. I'd be a lot happier to pick one up.

However, I know that some people are not exactly Sony fans on here. I like their designs. At least they're unique and the camera isn't that bad.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Some of the memes about the UA thing are great.

ff678ca897296f883a8afb8b85aa4dfe.jpg
ede6f6dab4f3ce44c76e28b4b182088b.jpg
22a9155f2a46b3a0cb15c7ea533227d6.jpg
238852019fc388987571d8f731ad04f6.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786