WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Bye, bye LA.
Hello, Minneapolis!
aab7f6071a2f18ba487ebef616f99fba.jpg

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

So here's my gripe with the Huawei watch...It is utter useless for my needs in direct sunlight. I went to park to jettison this freeloader earlier and I'd have to keep it on max brightness outdoors to see anything. Now this was where the 360 Sport was tremendously better...I'd see the screen very easily.

I do like smartwatches...But to find what you want is such a ballsbuster. While I understand I'm not always out in the sun, what I need is the versatility...
So, do you use your smartwatch to text, make calls, check off items from your shopping list, or just to get notifications? If you only use it for notifications, the Garmin Vivoactive hr has an amazing screen in sunlight. It's not really a very smart smartwatch, though. 😁 And the screen kinda sucks in regular lighting. But in direct sunlight, it's excellent.

Sent from mTalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So, do you use your smartwatch to text, make calls, check off items from your shopping list, or just to get notifications? If you only use it for notifications, the Garmin Vivoactive hr has an amazing screen in sunlight. It's not really a very smart smartwatch, though. 😁 And the screen kinda sucks in regular lighting. But in direct sunlight, it's excellent.

Sent from mTalk
I use my smartwatch to tell time, triage notifications, control music, starts and end calls, send text messages, check weather.

I think Android Wear is a good fit for me (otherwise, I'd be using my XL as the daily driver - flaws and all). It's just an asspain to find what I want hardware wise.

I did the ****ty indoors screen but great outdoors screen already in the form of the Sony smartwatch 3. The 360 Sport was a serious improvement in screen tech over that.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I use my smartwatch to tell time, triage notifications, control music, starts and end calls, send text messages, check weather.

I think Android Wear is a good fit for me (otherwise, I'd be using my XL as the daily driver - flaws and all). It's just an asspain to find what I want hardware wise.

I did the ****ty indoors screen but great outdoors screen already in the form of the Sony smartwatch 3. The 360 Sport was a serious improvement in screen tech over that.
Gotcha. I use mine the same say. If the Band 2 had similar functionality, I would have loved it a lot more than I did and would be using WM more. Oh, and if the band didn't completely fall apart, too. Ha ha

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Gotcha. I use mine the same say. If the Band 2 had similar functionality, I would have loved it a lot more than I did and would be using WM more. Oh, and if the band didn't completely fall apart, too. Ha ha
The GF's band 2 effectively died 3 weeks ago. I got her a gear fit 2 for her note 5 that should arrive tomorrow.

When I tried the band 2, it felt bulky and the rubber material unpleasant to the skin. The GF had the rash issue with it at one point too. I thought a size between the OG band and band 2 with better materials would make a nice band 3.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

We're saved! Joe Belfiore is back! :sweaty:

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for my 950 camera replacement to arrive this Friday. If I had realized how simple the install is, or at least how simple it looks on disassembly videos, and how cheap the camera part is, I'd have done this months ago. Hopefully everything comes apart and back together easily enough.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll take the Joe return a as sarcasm.

How long was he gone for anyway? It's been more than a year surely.

Sounds like his new position is going to be interesting... I guess.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'll take the Joe return a as sarcasm.

How long was he gone for anyway? It's been more than a year surely.

Sounds like his new position is going to be interesting... I guess.

I forgot when he left but you are right, it's been more than a year for sure. Probably around a year and 5 months.

I don't really know what to expect with his return.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I just saw the specs for the new Alcatel Idol 5. I think that device would be a really great WM10, about 3X better than the Cerulean Moment, IMO.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, it was a nice read, and a reminder that MS (Nutella) said.

Yeah that was the article. I'm not overly fond of calling Nadella names, especially that one. I get that mobile phone users are unhappy but if you look at the bigger picture, he's raised the profile of MS with a level of class that Balmer could never do. He's also put key people in positions that have made MS into a better company overall. Whether you agree with that is a different thing but more people like MS now compared to a few years ago. Though W10 is good I think eventually it will be great.

The simple fact is that WP/WM was always in a poor position. Regardless how good it was, without apps that people want you're left in that Catch 22 position. No users, no apps, repeat.

A lot of the comments in that article point to bots and AI and web apps. All the usual things. Regardless of those things, right here, right now, apps are it. That hasn't changed yet and I don't see it changing any time soon.

I'm not entirely sure what MS can do. I agree with Dan on that point more than any. MS is known for doing things secretly but there seems to be more confusion on this issue than any other.

At the end of the day, MS can release the best phone in the world, it won't matter. No apps, means no new users, or people being curious then leaving to 'what they know'. I can understand why their focus is shifting to enterprise, something they should have done from the get go, but it all seems a bit 'late to the game' kind of thinking. Most enterprises are focused on Android and iPhones.

The competition has it at this moment in time. For MS to make any headway they need an earthquake shift in what people think of when they think mobile. It will take years to make that shift happen. In the process they will probably lose their 'fans' though.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

My wife and I will be traveling to Seattle next month for a long weekend. Anybody have any good suggestions on what to do and/or where to eat? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb