WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

If there's one trait I wear well for my sun sign, it's my indecisiveness.

Not sure if I want to go down the roommate rabbit hole and have more general space or really have my own but have it be small for my place (since that's what I'm working with for a bit until I get into school, finish and then get another job at another place). Everyone has warned me of the dangers of having a friend as your roommate but I don't know how it would go with a new, random person since I'm a quiet person generally.

I did the "trading" of Pixels and it was a lot of hassle. Debating if it was worth it. I feel like it is because the black front bugged me. It's ridiculous that the Pixel always seems to be out of stock in at least one size and/or color. I still wish that there were more smaller phone options.

Edit: Either way, at the moment, I feel phone fatigue for myself anyway.

The one nice thing about a random roommate is there isn't that feeling of 'needing to socialize or include them' in all activities. I know that happened when I lived with a friend which was fine for the most part but sometimes you just wanted to do things alone or whatever. Random roommates is just sort of like gambling, you never know what you're going to get.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The one nice thing about a random roommate is there isn't that feeling of 'needing to socialize or include them' in all activities. I know that happened when I lived with a friend which was fine for the most part but sometimes you just wanted to do things alone or whatever. Random roommates is just sort of like gambling, you never know what you're going to get.

That's good to know, I didn't think of this.

Ugh it really is LOL. I was going to room with my sister (she has a townhouse) in one of her rooms but since she's getting married this year, I'm so not doing that.

Someone at work (she's also working on moving out of where she is too) suggested that I could ask my brother if he wants to room with me but I don't know about that. Me and my brother are good but I don't see that playing out well when I date...

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

That's good to know, I didn't think of this.

Ugh it really is LOL. I was going to room with my sister (she has a townhouse) in one of her rooms but since she's getting married this year, I'm so not doing that.

Someone at work (she's also working on moving out of where she is too) suggested that I could ask my brother if he wants to but I don't know about that. Me and my brother are good but I don't see that playing out well when I date...

Ha ha yeah there's lots of decisions to make. You could try hanging out with a 'random roomate' first too and see what your chemistry is like before committing to anything. Might help with finding the right person.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ha ha yeah there's lots of decisions to make. You could try hanging out with a 'random roomate' first too and see what your chemistry is like before committing to anything. Might help with finding the right person.

Hmm that's a great suggestion, thank you for that. You're so right about the decision thing, I really want to try to do this in the way it makes the best sense to.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just saying. I mean, every time I look at my 950XL, I'm seduced as to why I like it. And if I stay in the MSFT bubble, it works well. Problem happens when I want to use other services on the platform...Then I'll have to pull out my Android tablet because there aren't the third party services I prefer to use!?

It was never about the app gap...It was about good consumer-oriented business relationships. I still like the OS though...

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Just saying. I mean, every time I look at my 950XL, I'm seduced as to why I like it. And if I stay in the MSFT bubble, it works well. Problem happens when I want to use other services on the platform...Then I'll have to pull out my Android tablet because there aren't the third party services I prefer to use!?

It was never about the app gap...It was about good consumer-oriented business relationships. I still like the OS though...

Yeah the bit ive played with Windows mobile I enjoy the actual os itself but there's just a few missing pieces for me.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Just setup my Amazon echo. Kind of an interesting device. Not sure how much I'll use it but nice so far for calling out timers and listening to music or podcasts while making meals.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just setup my Amazon echo. Kind of an interesting device. Not sure how much I'll use it but nice so far for calling out timers and listening to music or podcasts while making meals.
Mine's still in my box. I should set it up next week...

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Yeah haven't really looked into what it can all do or the skills but I got a great price on it and using as a glorified Bluetooth speaker with a few other handy features.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's great to hear. It sounds like an excellent device. 😊
It's pretty good. Funny enough, I was reading where Xiaomi is having production issues with the device. It is really solid and I get weekly updates because of the beta ROM. I'm pleased so far with it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It's in the same league as the Honor 8...maybe better in some cases. The 950XL I think is still a bit better though.
I think it's slightly ahead of the Honor 8. 950XL camera is far superior. And the Pixel is in a different category altogether lens flare be damned. I haven't yet experienced the lens flare issue.
45f6531133b67c842de6555d0414389a.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077