WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

To me Trump is more extreme capitalist bordering on dictator. He believes the government should be run like a business and he's it's CEO. Which is rather scary in a way. Especially if it's one of his... I know he's full of it and has deceived his loving supporters but going by what I've seen of his supporters I'm not overly surprised, sadly. He's out to take credit for anything good that comes along and avoid being called out for anything bad. He's out to manipulate everything.

As for Le Pen... she's a populist using the similar rhetoric that Trump has used. However, she's not afraid to hid her alliances like Trump has. She's pro Russian. Pro Brexit. Pro USA. Anti EU. She's been straight about all that.

Unfortunately because she's a good speaker and can hide behind a pretty smile she deceives everyone into believing she's not like her father. However, a lot of her other party officials are still towing the original FN party lines. That's what makes all this the more scary. People who just see her and hear her don't know that a lot of what she says is in contradiction to what others in her party think.

Not to mention she's said very little about any policies other than stopping all immigration and putting EU membership to a vote. She'll make a mess of France and the EU if she gets in. Which is what a lot of power hungry people want.

Nationalism is a scary thing and a lot of people put their personal identity with it. That's how this division is happening. It also hasn't helped that there's been little to prove that strategies put in place since 2008 have proved successful. Long term austerity doesn't work. Seeing rich get richer just adds salt in the wounds.

So anti globalisation movements. Anti immigration. Nostalgia of how things were. All this being fuelled not really by hate by a sense of losing something.

From what I've read is that French voters are typically predictable, liking the safe bet, but things may be different this time. We don't know.
If she's pro Brexit, she'll likely pull France from the EU. My developing country political experiences says she's got a very good shot...Especially since France has seen some acts of violence recently which has threatened the sense of safety and questioned the ideals of "who is French" in the eyes of some.

Trump and Marie are like tangerines and oranges.... different individual fruit but from the same family (citrus). We'll see what happens.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If she's pro Brexit, she'll likely pull France from the EU. My developing country political experiences says she's got a very good shot...Especially since France has seen some acts of violence recently which has threatened the sense of safety and questioned the ideals of "who is French" in the eyes of some.

Trump and Marie are like tangerines and oranges.... different individual fruit but from the same family (citrus). We'll see what happens.

Well the main issue will be if she manages to win is if she has a majority or if she needs to create a coalition. That's where things get iffy. A coalition would weaken her stance. That's if she can even manage to create one.

Not sure how France manages that stuff.

From a logically perspective there's nothing any country can do to be 'safe'. Stopping immigration doesn't stop terrorism. But I know logic has little to do with these things.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well the main issue will be if she manages to win is if she has a majority or of if she needs to create a coalition. That's where things get iffy. A coalition would weaken her stance. That's if she can even manage to create one.

Not sure how France manages that stuff.

From a logically perspective there's nothing any country can do to be 'safe'. Stopping immigration doesn't stop terrorism. But I know logic has little to do with these things.
Well,it is worth watching very closely now. When people get riled up, logic often goes out the window...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well,it is worth watching very closely now. When people get riled up, logic often goes out the window...

Yes I know. I've seen it first hand here...

All I can do is see what happens. If it goes pear shaped my plans change... maybe. That's all I can do in these circumstances.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yes I know. I've seen it first hand here...

All I can do is see what happens. If it goes pear shaped my plans change... maybe. That's all I can do in these circumstances.
That's all we can do at this point. I'm just very concerned about a lot of things I see, that's all.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's all we can do at this point. I'm just very concerned about a lot of things I see, that's all.

Well you know the theory I'm sure. Slow economy, low employment. Have a war...

I would use an Australian idium but there's no point really. We have little control over international issues. Best thing to do is fend for ourselves. Continue living and see what evolves.

I'm hoping we haven't regressed 50+ years but I'm unfortunately not an optimist and understand human behaviour all too well. We need the old guard to move on but unfortunately they keep lingering.

With the rise of populism again and far right thinking of the past whatever amount of years it's been around, it's hard to keep positive sometimes.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well you know the theory I'm sure. Slow economy, low employment. Have a war...

I would use an Australian indium but there's no point really. We have little control over international issues. Best thing to do is fend for ourselves. Continue living and see what evolves.

I'm hoping we haven't regressed 50+ years but I'm unfortunately not an optimist and understand human behaviour all too well. We need the old guard to move on but unfortunately they keep lingering.

With the rise of populism again and far right thinking of the past whatever amount of years it's been around, it's hard to keep positive sometimes.
Apparently, humans still like these cycles of war and peace. War economies and peace economies have very different looks, but serve similar purposes. You would think that with these more powerful weapons present that people would be more careful, but it seems like people are still stupid as they always are.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The Pixel rarely disappoints. Canyonlands National Park from 32K ft above sea level.
d2a434ead173fcfd0637d8e732927c9d.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My thing with Bluetooth headsets have always been...Love the convenience, hate the battery life. That outlook still applies to my SBH-70.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Guess since it's just me now I should pad my post count here for a second. I'm two days away from finishing my internship and one day paper away from finishing classes.

People have been asking me "are you ready for this to be over"? Party yes - to stop here those questions - and partly no - because I'm appreciative of the clients I've been able to work with, and some of the people I've met. But life is always like that...A mix of things you like and don't like.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Lots of changes for me are in the works. I think that's been the most striking thing about these past six months - working through things in a perpetual state of changes. I'm glad for the experience because I can now make some changes going forward to better work through those types of experiences.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Lots of changes for me are in the works. I think that's been the most striking thing about these past six months - working through things in a perpetual state of changes. I'm glad for the experience because I can now make some changes going forward to better work through those types of experiences.
It sounds like you are in a period of transition. That's a great way to look at it. I wish you the best with the changes to come.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Rubber plantation.. been there, done that. The smell of fermented latex is not something one can forget easily.

Cocoa from the heydays to a sunset Industry.. been through it.

Malaria... two different strains bouts within several of months....The Horror!! The Horror!!

Oil palm... utterly boring
... and now cattle farming...

... !!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So my coworker keeps teasing me about this guy at work that might like me. I laugh at it but nah I'm good. He has a fiancee so I long checked out of that possibility even though he's cute.

I told my coworker that and she still teases me anyway. I think he does though because he calls me his favorite librarian. I never noticed that he just says hi to everyone else but actually has conversations with me. Lol.

There was another girl who used to work here who a lot of the students and even staff go crazy for because she's super attractive and yet he didn't even care to remember her name. Never really put two and two together until coworker mentioned it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I learned to play pool yesterday. It​ is harder than it looks! I wasn't very good but I did hit one into the hole. I was so excited for myself and my friends were all congratulating me. It was fun though.

One friend was quick to say that pool is a great date idea. Dude. I'm sure it is but I don't know if I want to suck in that kind of situation lol.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've been so pleased with the Mi Note 2 that I haven't thought about the G6, to be honest. I still may pop into a store to look at about the G6 and S8 again, but it feels good to be off the market.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

So I learned to play pool yesterday. It​ is harder than it looks! I wasn't very good but I did hit one into the hole. I was so excited for myself and my friends were all congratulating me. It was fun though.

One friend was quick to say that pool is a great date idea. Dude. I'm sure it is but I don't know if I want to suck in that kind of situation lol.

Pool is a great game that takes practice. Play it a few times and you'll be good to go!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I've been so pleased with the Mi Note 2 that I haven't thought about the G6, to be honest. I still may pop into a store to look at about the G6 and S8 again, but it feels good to be off the market.
Wow, that's great to hear! I can imagine how nice that feels to be settled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)