WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I hope for yours and the French people's sake, Le Pen doesn't win. But I wouldn't be surprised if she does.
At the end of the first round it was 24%, 21%, 20%, 19% for the four top candidates.

As you can see, a very close race.

24% was Marcon. Originally before the vote everyone had Le Pen winning. So already that's a good sign. The two lower percentages are the traditional parties. As polling started Marcon moved to the front and the the polls more or less predicted the outcome very close to the percentages.

Currently if voters stay on party lines, Marcon wins with 61%. However, there's a suggestion that more people will go over to his side so it's a bit of a question mark about how much he'll win by. It could be a landslide, which is what most want. Which is what happened to Le Pen's father when he made it to the second round.

But we'll see. It could go pear shaped. It's an electron after all.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Anyway, to get away from politics...

Anyone who may be interested in Funk music we found a good online music station called Diva Radio.

Diva Radio FUNK DISCO MUSIC PARADISE - Best Funk and Disco Online Radio

It's also on TuneIn Radio.

They play everything from popular to obscure to some mixes. It's pretty good if you're into Funk.

The station is based in France. My wife found it while searching for a new funk station as others went offline.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Anyway, to get away from politics...

Anyone who may be interested in Funk music we found a good online music station called Diva Radio.

Diva Radio FUNK DISCO MUSIC PARADISE - Best Funk and Disco Online Radio

It's also on TuneIn Radio.

They play everything from popular to obscure to some mixes. It's pretty good if you're into Funk.

The station is based in France. My wife found it while searching for a new funk station as others went offline.
You mean kinda like this type....?

https://youtu.be/vnBexLcMkq4

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ordered a dBrand skin since all of them are 20% off today. I'm hoping that it isn't a pain to put on the Pixel.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I'm thinking of buying a graphics card for my PC. I played Forza Horizon 3 yesterday and I really love this game. I miss racing games so much. I'm thinking about RX 470(570) or 480(580).

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Hey any of you guys have experience with fixing LCD/LED tvs? I have a 55" LG from work that the picture quit working on. The sound still works, and the screen has a "glow" to it (which leads me to believe the LED back lights are still good) but a black picture. I'm guessing the main power board. The smaller board is the video/audio card that I'm assuming is ok because the sound still works. So I'm thinking about ordering the main board for like 30-40 bucks to see if I can fix it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Hey any of you guys have experience with fixing LCD/LED tvs? I have a 55" LG from work that the picture quit working on. The sound still works, and the screen has a "glow" to it (which leads me to believe the LED back lights are still good) but a black picture. I'm guessing the main power board. The smaller board is the video/audio card that I'm assuming is ok because the sound still works. So I'm thinking about ordering the main board for like 30-40 bucks to see if I can fix it.
Good luck! I've never done anything with TVs.

BTW, I'll be adding to my hifi thread on Android Central. I just got new speakers and a valve power amp.

I wired everything and played one album so far. I'll share the link once I add to the thread.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm no expert so I'll say this with some caution.

There are typically two things that can go wrong with LED TVs. One is the main board as you've pointed out. The other is that the screen itself is dead.

Going by the fact you still have LEDs going I'm under the impression that the screen is dead it would be best to check online somewhere or unless 99 had fixed something similar and may have insight.

I'm not sure if it's possible to have the LEDs going and the screen black.

In which case that would be a more costlier fix.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Groove has come a long way. Very pleasantly surprised today. I'm going to upload my music to OneDrive and just stream it.

I have 130GB storage for free so...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I started listening to a podcast. I have to say I'm not usually a podcast listener.

I heard about this one some time ago but just got around to checking it out.

The Infinite Monkey Cage

It's a good science/amusing podcast and I highly recommend it. Brian Cox is brilliant and so is his co-host Robin Ince.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So I started listening to a podcast. I have to say I'm not usually a podcast listener.

The Infinite Monkey Cage

It's a good science/amusing podcast and I highly recommend it. Brian Cox is brilliant and so is his co-host Robin Ince.
Thanks for the link! I'll check it out. 😊

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The Infinite Monkey Cage

Currently it feels like we are in a cage with an infinite number of monkeys here in the age of....

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Because I really want to take MIA's advice to my head, I have ordered a Sony Xperia X Performance. It helps that it is on sale and it has really similar dimensions to the Pixel (heavier though). I know that it would be a downgrade probably in the camera department, but hopefully not as much.

I would hide behind the chronic switcher label I put on myself BUT this time, it's really about battery life. I'll like to see if it's really good like a lot of these reviews have said. Battery life is important to me. The Pixel makes the cut but sometimes I wish that it was a little bit more.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry, that the Pixel let you down in the battery department. However, something tells me that the Sony will disappoint you in other areas whilst keeping you happy with the battery performance.
Because I really want to take MIA's advice to my head, I have ordered a Sony Xperia X Performance. It helps that it is on sale and it has really similar dimensions to the Pixel (heavier though). I know that it would be a downgrade probably in the camera department, but hopefully not as much.

I would hide behind the chronic switcher label I put on myself BUT this time, it's really about battery life. I'll like to see if it's really good like a lot of these reviews have said. Battery life is important to me. The Pixel makes the cut but sometimes I wish that it was a little bit more.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm sorry, that the Pixel let you down in the battery department. However, something tells me that the Sony will disappoint you in other areas whilst keeping you happy with the battery performance.

Yeah you might be right. I'll find out tomorrow evening for sure. It's a hard balance to find in a small device it seems. The Pixel is great in so many areas for me, but it seems like I am charging it daily. Sometimes it goes on the charger after 19 hours.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Yeah you might be right. I'll find out tomorrow evening for sure. It's a hard balance to find in a small device it seems. The Pixel is great in so many areas for me, but it seems like I am charging it daily. Sometimes it goes on the charger after 19 hours.

Geez girl, when do you sleep?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12