WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Geez girl, when do you sleep?

Haha I do sleep but I don't feel comfortable falling asleep with my phone plugged in. I would rather plug in while getting ready or at work. I'm fine with doing that half of the time but all the time, just annoys me. I don't want to always have my charger with me as a precaution.

Additionally, certain OSes install updates when the phone is on and plugged to power in the hours when they expect people to be sleeping.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Hi guys, so preparations are coming on nicely with the house and wedding. We've had a stay contact for the house so were getting there now. Plenty still to do on the wedding but it seems a crazy amount of preparation for something that will last less than 12 hours for the main celebrations.

Also I officially start my new job role next week.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Because I really want to take MIA's advice to my head, I have ordered a Sony Xperia X Performance. It helps that it is on sale and it has really similar dimensions to the Pixel (heavier though). I know that it would be a downgrade probably in the camera department, but hopefully not as much.

I would hide behind the chronic switcher label I put on myself BUT this time, it's really about battery life. I'll like to see if it's really good like a lot of these reviews have said. Battery life is important to me. The Pixel makes the cut but sometimes I wish that it was a little bit more.
An X Performance? I think you may be disappointed in the battery on that one...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If the Mi note 2 wasn't such value for money, I'd have gotten a Key One. Enjoyed my Bold 9700 and Storm 9550 especially, so a Key One would have been a no frills work device.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

An X Performance? I think you may be disappointed in the battery on that one...

Yep. I have heard that it's something about how the software manages the smaller battery that makes for better battery life. Your thoughts in the Android thread made me realize that battery life is important to me. It's nice to have a great camera but a solid camera is good enough for me.

Looking forward to it, even though my cc is crying.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Yep. I have heard that it's something about how the software manages the smaller battery that makes for better battery life. Your thoughts in the Android thread made me realize that battery life is important to me. It's nice to have a great camera but a solid camera is good enough for me.

I'm the opposite, I need a stellar camera. Since I carry two phones, battery life is not an issue for me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

If the Mi note 2 wasn't such value for money, I'd have gotten a Key One. Enjoyed my Bold 9700 and Storm 9550 especially, so a Key One would have been a no frills work device.

Nice! I love the idea of the KeyOne and I think it's beautiful. From what I'm reading and your experience, you hit the jackpot with the Mi Note 2.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Hi guys, so preparations are coming on nicely with the house and wedding. We've had a stay contact for the house so were getting there now. Plenty still to do on the wedding but it seems a crazy amount of preparation for something that will last less than 12 hours for the main celebrations.

Congratulations and good luck!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm the opposite, I need a stellar camera. Since I carry two phones, battery life is not an issue for me.

I can get that, you take some amazing pictures and you do it often.

The only regular action my camera gets is my monthly selfie (and when I'm in a relationship). Maybe when I do things like go to concerts and the occasional random thing. My friends are the one who takes the group photos and such, I never volunteer my phone xd

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Awesome! And congrats and good luck with the new job role! That came fast!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I hope that the X Performance works for you.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Two reviews out today. One at The Verge and the other one by MKBHD and in both comparisons the Pixel came out ahead overall. Even though I am quite happy with the S8, I am not giving up my Pixel because - camera 📷

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo