WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You're welcome to, you may or may not be right. :grin: The various things rolling in my mind would be weird for me, I think.
A woman with an active imagination is always a fun time...It just depends on the price of admission and what the adventure is...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Two reviews out today. One at The Verge and the other one by MKBHD and in both comparisons the Pixel came out ahead overall. Even though I am quite happy with the S8, I am not giving up my Pixel because - camera 📷
Pixel still has the magic to reign supreme when it comes to point and shoot status...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Two reviews out today. One at The Verge and the other one by MKBHD and in both comparisons the Pixel came out ahead overall. Even though I am quite happy with the S8, I am not giving up my Pixel because - camera ??????

Yeah the Pixel is something else. Whoa.

So about the s8, how's it going so far?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So my weird ideas are the following:

-Sell the Pixel and use the SE instead
-Get a iPhone 7 in good condition for a nice price
-Get a RED one
-Get a battery case for said iPhone 7

If I did the iPhone 7 thing, I can't keep that and the Pixel. Weird for me generally but probably not too weird.

I learned that with the Pixel, the connectivity matters (especially at work) so I'll rather get a phone with similar connections(?) to it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

-Get a RED one

If I did the iPhone 7 thing, I can't keep that and the Pixel. Weird for me generally but probably not too weird.

I learned that with the Pixel, the connectivity matters (especially at work) so I'll rather get a phone with similar connections(?) to it.
My vote would be to dump the SE and get a used 7 with a battery case.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My vote would be to dump the SE and get a used 7 with a battery case.

Yeah that's not a bad idea at all. I'll have to see what I can find because generally it should be okay if I have a battery case. The idea has been growing on me a little bit.

A red iPhone would be doing too much for me but hey I did say the idea is weird.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

-Get a RED one

I'll stay out of this one...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'll stay out of this one...

I really want to know what you'll say. I don't mind iOS, in fact I sometimes consider the idea of just using an iOS device. I get the limitations but aside from the customization, it doesn't really bother me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I really want to know what you'll say. I don't mind iOS, in fact I sometimes consider the idea of just using an iOS device. I get the limitations but aside from the customization, it doesn't really bother me.
I don't use up apple so I can't make suggestions.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I don't use up apple so I can't make suggestions.

Ooh okay, I see. I just couldn't guess what you would say so I figured that I should ask. I think I might do 99's idea. I'll be returning the X Performance on Monday for sure.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, the long time regulars around here know I used to like Sony a lot more...at one point I had the tablet + phone + Smartband + watch made by Sony. I just got tired of their iterative approach and they never got the camera to a level I liked. It's kinda like HTC...I know if I buy HTC right now, it has to be the 10 because of the headphone jack and the DAC built-in. Nothing else would grab me. And Moto lost me from the time Lenovo bought them.

The plus is in the market there are lots of good options. the hard part is deciding what is the best for you. It's why I'm glad with the XL and the Mi Note 2 - they fit what I want.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well, the long time regulars around here know I used to like Sony a lot more...at one point I had the tablet + phone + Smartband + watch made by Sony. I just got tired of their iterative approach and they never got the camera to a level I liked. It's kinda like HTC...I know if I buy HTC right now, it has to be the 10 because of the headphone jack and the DAC built-in. Nothing else would grab me. And Moto lost me from the time Lenovo bought them.

The plus is in the market there are lots of good options. the hard part is deciding what is the best for you. It's why I'm glad with the XL and the Mi Note 2 - they fit what I want.
Wow, sounds like you were a major Sony fan! I agree about the cameras in my small experience with the compacts (z5 and X) and Z3. I get the HTC thing, it makes sense to me.

You are right about choices for sure. You made good ones for sure. Meeting the middle ground without totally sacrificing something important for me to have in a phone is hard.

I just wish that there were more smaller choices that were easier for me to try out. Like the Samsung A3 2017 seems like it would be nice to try out but finding one is difficult, mainly one that has bands that are supported here. Not really a Samsung person but it seems solid.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Wow, sounds like you were a major Sony fan! I agree about the cameras in my small experience with the compacts (z5 and X) and Z3. I get the HTC thing, it makes sense to me.

You are right about choices for sure. You made good ones for sure. Meeting the middle ground without totally sacrificing something important for me to have in a phone is hard.

I just wish that there were more smaller choices that were easier for me to try out. Like the Samsung A3 2017 seems like it would be nice to try out but finding one is difficult, mainly one that has bands that are supported here. Not really a Samsung person but it seems solid.
If you are thinking of getting the iPhone 7 then know it is same size as Pixel and about 3mm more you get the S8. I'm just amazed how much screen Sammy stuffed into a small footprint. I'll do a comparo with the LG G6 when I get it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

If you are thinking of getting the iPhone 7 then know it is same size as Pixel and about 3mm more you get the S8. I'm just amazed how much screen Sammy stuffed into a small footprint. I'll do a comparo with the LG G6 when I get it.
Ooh that's interesting. I'll be looking forward to seeing it!

That information is very helpful though, thank you. I'll think hard on the iPhone 7 idea before doing anything. Well, that's what I say now lol. Going to try though.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte