WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You can look to see what the big boys like Aukey and Anker are up to. I'd try a slim pack like a 3000mah because those are cheaper and if they don't work it's not a big loss. Plus you don't strike me as the type unless necessary to lug around a 20000mah battery pack...
I forgot my AT headphones and my big battery pack on the Qatar Airways flight in February and my RAV Power small battery pack last year on an American Airlines flight. Although lately I double check if the plane has a power outlet before I leave for the airport and leave my last battery pack at home.

RAV Power makes very nice compact battery packs. Occasionally Slickdeals has codes for their items.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

iPhone 7 is a nice device, just stale like the OS at this point. Nothing to write home about, the 7+ at least has dual cameras. I have my third appointment at the local fruit stand today and am hoping that they swap out the device since it's still under warranty. I have to do the leg work since I am the tech support person in the house 😀
Wow another appointment? That's crazy. What happened this time?

Yeah you're right. The missing jack, picture quality, and general iOS 10 experience would be what's different to me.

http://m.imore.com/camera-tests-battle-royale-four-inch-iphone-6-6s-7

This post has me wondering what I have gotten myself into. Haha.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Wow another appointment? That's crazy. What happened this time?

Yeah you're right. The missing jack, picture quality, and general iOS 10 experience would be what's different to me.

http://m.imore.com/camera-tests-battle-royale-four-inch-iphone-6-6s-7

This post has me wondering what I have gotten myself into. Haha.
First appointment was to reset certain settings.
Next appointment they factory reset the device.
Problem still persists so I am hoping that per their policy they'll give me a new device.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Problem still persists so I am hoping that per their policy they'll give me a new device.
Ooh okay, I see. I hope that they will give you a new one too. This sounds annoying.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I read Serenity's article. I agree, the 7 camera is just a bit better than the 6S. And I would argue the Pixel has a better camera than the iPhone 7. We have plenty of side by side comparisons in the last 5 months and everyone agrees that the Pixel produces a better picture. Of course we take our SLR along if at all we need a print of a picture.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I read Serenity's article. I agree, the 7 camera is just a bit better than the 6S. And I would argue the Pixel has a better camera than the iPhone 7. We have plenty of side by side comparisons in the last 5 months and everyone agrees that the Pixel produces a better picture. Of course we take our SLR along if at all we need a print of a picture.
I believe that the Pixel has the better camera. It's impressive that the Pixel is older in the tech world but yet, still great in most if not all situations. I saw that in Krystal Key's video too that you have probably seen, comparing the LG G6, Galaxy S8 and iPhone 7.

Sounds like you're very prepared!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I believe that the Pixel has the better camera. It's impressive that the Pixel is older in the tech world but yet, still great in most if not all situations. I saw that in Krystal Key's video too that you have probably seen, comparing the LG G6, Galaxy S8 and iPhone 7.

Sounds like you're very prepared!
Um, the Pixel and the iPhone 7 are roughly the same age...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's true, my comment was more about how it compares to the s8 and the G6, considering that the Pixel compares to the 2 of them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WbloTFz2LKY
It's always been like that...the start of the year, you compare iPhone 7/G6/Pixel/S8. End of the year you compare Pixel 2/iPhone 8/G6/S8 and then Pixel XL 2/iPhone 8+/Note 8/S8+/V30.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's always been like that...the start of the year, you compare iPhone 7/G6/Pixel/S8. End of the year you compare Pixel 2/iPhone 8/G6/S8 and then Pixel XL 2/iPhone 8+/Note 8/S8+/V30.
Yep, you're right. I forgot that somehow.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The best part of the Creator's update is the new blue light filter. I really like it and it makes using my T100 even better. I'll have to check to see if this was added to the XL also...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The best part of the Creator's update is the new blue light filter. I really like it and it makes using my T100 even better. I'll have to check to see if this was added to the XL also...
Sadly nope, not there. That's a PC only thing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sadly nope, not there. That's a PC only thing.
That's OK. I use a warmer look on the XL anyways to compensate. I added more reds and greens to the Z3 Tablet Compact's screen calibration as the default was really making my eyes water over the past few days...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm channeling my inner libra89 debating whether I should get an open box Watch Style or a mint condition 360 42mm...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm channeling my inner libra89 debating whether I should get an open box Watch Style or a mint condition 360 42mm...

Haha! Ooh that's a hard one. On one hand, I would guess that you would feel more familiar with the 360 but with the other one, the Watch Style might surprise you.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Haha! Ooh that's a hard one. On one hand, I would guess that you would feel more familiar with the 360 but with the other one, the Watch Style might surprise you.
Watch Style pros:

-18mm watch straps (same as Huawei watch)
- Newer and better software support
- Ambient light sensor underneath screen, giving it better sunlight legibility and a fully rounded screen

360 42mm pros:

- Better design
- Qi charging
- Better battery performance
- Continuous HRM

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Watch Style pros:

-18mm watch straps (same as Huawei watch)
- Newer and better software support
- Ambient light sensor underneath screen, giving it better sunlight legibility and a fully rounded screen

360 42mm pros:

- Better design
- Qi charging
- Better battery performance
- Continuous HRM
Doesn't matter now. I went old and picked up the 360 at a very cheap price.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Congrats!
Thanks. I'm going to try to flip my OG 360. If I do, I'd have gotten the other one for essentially under $100.

Truth be told, the more prudent option was the Watch Style. But I can still sell this 360 and get that later.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Thanks. I'm going to try to flip my OG 360. If I do, I'd have gotten the other one for essentially under $100.

Truth be told, the more prudent option was the Watch Style. But I can still sell this 360 and get that later.
That sounds like a great plan to me. Good luck with selling your other 360!

I'm curious about your impressions between the two.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)