WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ooh okay, I see what you're saying. That makes a lot of sense actually. You got most of what you wanted in a phone for a deal, which is awesome.

I'll have to think about that but for now, I'm done (with the buying and trying of phones) for a bit. Thanks for giving me something to think about.
I shared my experience to state it's important to decide what you want first. Then you look at devices that have what you want and then see if you can stomach any compromises on the device.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I shared my experience to state it's important to decide what you want first. Then you look at devices that have what you want and then see if you can stomach any compromises on the device.

I appreciate that, thanks.

I have mentioned it before, but I just need to accept that the Pixel is the closest that makes the most sense for me. The compromises are workable there.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Travel for work is really heating up.
Off to Boston on May 15.
Spending the weekend in NYC/DC with my best friend.

Off to Ireland in late June.
Most likely taking a break in London, Paris and maybe Switzerland before coming back around July 10.

Another Ireland trip in September to Cork for work as well. That time I might go to Poland to see a good friend of mine for the weekend.

Definitely going to South Africa in December.

This is turning out to be a banner year for travel!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Travel for work is really heating up.
Off to Boston on May 15.
Spending the weekend in NYC/DC with my best friend.

Off to Ireland in late June.
Most likely taking a break in London, Paris and maybe Switzerland before coming back around July 10.

Another Ireland trip in September to Cork for work as well. That time I might go to Poland to see a good friend of mine for the weekend.

Definitely going to South Africa in December.

This is turning out to be a banner year for travel!

Wow so many different locations! Sounds nice!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

You know, this isn't a knock against libra, but it is very important for people to be clear and realistic on the features they want. Battery life and camera means different things for different people. For instance, some people when they say "hey, I want a great camera", they want a great point and shoot camera - that means iPhone, Pixel and S8 (to some degree). Someone else might say "I want a great camera" and they mean with manual controls - that means V20, G6, Mate 9, P9/P9+, S8 (to some degree), 1020, 950/950XL. Different needs, same phrase.
The thing about those camera comparisons, is that most of the iPhone pics are taken using the stock camera app, which doesn't take full advantage of all of the iOS camera API. Try a good third party camera app like https://www.procamera-app.com/en/blog/procamera-v10-raw/ or Camera+ (not to be confused with "Camera Plus") and you'll have every manual control you ever wanted.

I'm not saying the iPhone 7 Plus has the "best" camera no, I'm sure the Pixel and a few others are great as well.. and there's always something better coming out just around the corner.. but the average Joe who doesn't really care, and just uses the stock camera app, will get sub-par results, when the potential is there for much better.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The thing about those camera comparisons, is that most of the iPhone pics are taken using the stock camera app, which doesn't take full advantage of all of the iOS camera API. Try a good third party camera app like https://www.procamera-app.com/en/blog/procamera-v10-raw/ or Camera+ (not to be confused with "Camera Plus") and you'll have every manual control you ever wanted.

I'm not saying the iPhone 7 Plus has the "best" camera no, I'm sure the Pixel and a few others are great as well.. and there's always something better coming out just around the corner.. but the average Joe who doesn't really care, and just uses the stock camera app, will get sub-par results, when the potential is there for much better.
I agree. Joe average wants to be able to literally point and shoot with the stock app and not think and get great results. I know iPhone camera is still very good as I've seen classes taught by top level photogs get some excellent shots using it.

Still, my point is the same. Be an educated consumer - decide on what you want and when you buy it, get the most out of it.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Xpost from the "what PC games are you plaing" thread:

Still playing No Man's Sky.. always trying out new MODS and such. Check out this album of recent screenshots I've taken since the PathFinder Update...

NMS Pathfinder screenshots - Album on Imgur

AND... I've recently discovered CEMU - the Wii U emulator. Been ripping all the kid's Wii U games and having a blast on the PC!

Tell you what... ZELDA: Breath of the Wild is one HUGE game! With the latest update, CEMU v. 1.75, it runs pretty stable @30FPS

3vfktv4.jpg

xaiqKi3.jpg

Pardon my messy desk... I've been working a bunch of double shifts lol

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm really hungry​ and yet, I'm covering for another department. It feels hard right now.

I'm hoping that the guy I'm covering for either comes back soon, or the time goes by really fast or someone else that works here comes in.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

You guys hungry?

I made these Reuben sandwiches for lunch the other day.

Super thin sliced corned beef, with Swiss cheese, 1000 island, and sauerkraut, on marble rye toast

ihkMHyP.jpg

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Then there's the fairly standard "Dirty Rice" with LeSueur baby peas, and home made cornbread...

ABJfTkz.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb