WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Picked up the 360 42mm finally today. It is slightly smaller than the Huawei watch...seems like the same size as the LG Watch Style. Should be very interesting over these next few days...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Picked up the 360 42mm finally today. It is slightly smaller than the Huawei watch...seems like the same size as the LG Watch Style. Should be very interesting over these next few days...

Ooh, looking forward to your thoughts about it. Yay that you got it!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ooh, looking forward to your thoughts about it. Yay that you got it!
As it stands right now...I was resistant to getting this when first launched and with good reason. I loved the size and look of the 2014 360 more...and I still do. That screen seems a bit sharper on that model compared to the 360 42mm (but this seems sharper than the 360 Sport).

This one fits nice on the hand. I picked up a black nylon strap and that feels good so far. Looking to add a few more straps as well...I have a case where I keep the extra Huawei watch straps and so I'll probably turn one half into straps for the 360 as well.

This model has its own charm. I still would prefer the light sensor underneath the display and a sharper version of the 360 Sport's screen in the 2014 model's casing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As it stands right now...I was resistant to getting this when first launched and with good reason. I loved the size and look of the 2014 360 more...and I still do. That screen seems a bit sharper on that model compared to the 360 42mm (but this seems sharper than the 360 Sport).

This one fits nice on the hand. I picked up a black nylon strap and that feels good so far. Looking to add a few more straps as well...I have a case where I keep the extra Huawei watch straps and so I'll probably turn one half into straps for the 360 as well.

This model has its own charm. I still would prefer the light sensor underneath the display and a sharper version of the 360 Sport's screen in the 2014 model's casing.
This watch feels smaller and lighter on the wrist than the Huawei watch. The Huawei watch has that heavy but feels just right touch to it on the wrist. The 360 feels like how the Mi 5 felt - well built but incredibly lightweight. All in all, pretty pleased.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

This watch feels smaller and lighter on the wrist than the Huawei watch. The Huawei watch has that heavy but feels just right touch to it on the wrist. The 360 feels like how the Mi 5 felt - well built but incredibly lightweight. All in all, pretty pleased.

Nice! Hopefully it works out well in your day to day.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nice! Hopefully it works out well in your day to day.
I think it'll do just fine. I plan to add a silicone and a khaki leather band next week. I'll wear the nylon outside and swap to the silicone when I get home. The khaki is a change of pace.

I may add some other colors and straps eventually. I liked switching straps with the Huawei watch - I've got a black and blue silicone, black, coffee brown, tan, and red leather and a silver Milanese loop.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Woot! the Quake Champions Closed Beta is live again all weekend... and I'm off all day today!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sunlight visibility has vastly been improved over the Huawei watch (as expected). It is slightly better than the 2014 360, but is still worse than the 360 Sport. If Moto had made the bands removable on the Sport, it'd be ideal for me. Still, this will get lots of use.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

This is going to sound dramatic but I think I have been punished for my phone madness lately in issues that I have with said phones.

Can't sell the iPhone 7 on Swappa because the jerks that sold it to me lied and said that it was factory unlocked when a balance is still owed on it. Fighting with them currently.

This silver Pixel that I wanted so bad has occasional mic issues that require for me to restart the phone so that I can either hear someone or they can hear me while on a call. Same happens with Google Assistant/Now too. The seller was not the original owner so they can't do anything. Probably going to boneyard this.

I'm probably going back to my SE, regardless of connectivity. It has never failed and I gave up one Pixel that was a star for one that is only one 80% of the time. 😒

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Sunlight visibility has vastly been improved over the Huawei watch (as expected). It is slightly better than the 2014 360, but is still worse than the 360 Sport. If Moto had made the bands removable on the Sport, it'd be ideal for me. Still, this will get lots of use.
Sounds like it's a decent trade-off for now. Sunlight visibility is very important but interesting that it is still worse.

I guess you will see how much this bugs you in the day to day though.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is going to sound dramatic but I think I have been punished for my phone madness lately in issues that I have with said phones.

Can't sell the iPhone 7 on Swappa because the jerks that sold it to me lied and said that it was factory unlocked when a balance is still owed on it. Fighting with them currently.

This silver Pixel that I wanted so bad has occasional mic issues that require for me to restart the phone so that I can either hear someone or they can hear me while on a call. Same happens with Google Assistant/Now too. The seller was not the original owner so they can't do anything. Probably going to boneyard this.

I'm probably going back to my SE, regardless of connectivity. It has never failed and I gave up one Pixel that was a star for one that is only one 80% of the time. 😒
Sorry to hear you're having those issues. Hopefully, everything gets sorted out soon.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like it's a decent trade-off for now. Sunlight visibility is very important but interesting that it is still worse.

I guess you will see how much this bugs you in the day to day though.
The Sport uses a special display that sacrifices a bit of screen sharpness for improved sunlight visibility. Kinda like having a monochrome/e-ink look in direct sunlight. I didn't have look at the Sport directly to see the time either. The trade off was at night where the slightly less sharp display looked more cool. Still serviceable though.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Bummer.
Hope you are able to recover at least 80% of your money.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Bummer.
Hope you are able to recover at least 80% of your money.
Thank you, I hope the same. I don't expect much with the Pixel but I do expect my whole refund for the iPhone 7 though.

I'm really creeped out by that since it worked like a phone and all just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6