WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

My brother in law wants an Android watch that is "multifunctional like the Apple Watch".

My sister asked and I pointed her to Amazon and said that there were many kinds. Any decent suggestions? I don't know the price range they have in mind though but any suggestions MIA or anyone has are welcome.

From my observation, he's not into fitness. Huawei Watch? I don't know what would work.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My brother in law wants an Android watch that is "multifunctional like the Apple Watch".

My sister asked and I pointed her to Amazon and said that there were many kinds. Any decent suggestions? I don't know the price range they have in mind though but any suggestions MIA or anyone has are welcome.

From my observation, he's not into fitness. Huawei Watch? I don't know what would work.
What's his budget like? What features does he plan to use? What phone does he have?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

He has the Honor 8. I will ask my sister your other questions and get back to you.
Ok. Knee jerk reactions would be Samsung S2/S2 Classic (I think they updated these to work with non Samsung devices), LG Watch Style, Huawei watch, ZTE Quartz, Asus Zenwatch 3.

I can elaborate more based in your answers.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ok. Knee jerk reactions would be Samsung S2/S2 Classic (I think they updated these to work with non Samsung devices), LG Watch Style, Huawei watch, ZTE Quartz, Asus Zenwatch 3.

I can elaborate more based in your answers.

My sister got back to me. Her fiance says no more than $200 and he doesn't want one that will carry an additional bill every month. He wants to be able to:
-read texts from his phone (maybe make calls too),
-use a timer,
-be able to listen to music when exercising
-calorie tracker(or tracking, i guess; I stand corrected on the fitness point)

She will ask him what else he'll like but for now, those things would be ideal to have.

Thank you for your help here!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My sister got back to me. Her fiance says no more than $200 and he doesn't want one that will carry an additional bill every month. He wants to be able to:
-read texts from his phone (maybe make calls too),
-use a timer,
-be able to listen to music when exercising
-calorie tracker(or tracking, i guess; I stand corrected on the fitness point)

She will ask him what else he'll like but for now, those things would be ideal to have.

Thank you for your help here!
Gut reactions: Samsung S2 or Moto 360 Sport if it's mostly for execerise related stuff and he doesn't care about a non removable strap.

If he wants something to look nice and still work out in:

Samsung S2 classic
LG Watch Style (open box $155 most recent; last sale - $180)
Huawei watch
Moto 360 42mm
Asus Zenwatch 3

If he wants a square watch:

Asus Zenwatch 2

Huawei watch, Zenwatch 2 and 3 have speakers on it where you can make and take a call from the wrist without needing a SIM (done via Bluetooth). I think you can do that with the S2 and S2 classic, but more research is needed as those run on Tizen, not Android wear. All can store music file and or playlists to listen to via Bluetooth while exercising. The Watch Style and the Asus models lack heart rate monitoring stuff, but all can track calories and such.

Because a watch is a personal thing, he should try to pop into a store (Best Buy/VZW/AT&T) to see a few of them. Best Buy used to let you be able to try them on, but not as much anymore - he can still ask.

Keep in mind he's like going to have to buy online to get these under $200. All are really north of $200 but you can get these under $200 if he's willing to dig online a little.

There's others he can try...the Ticwatch 2 isn't bad if he wants to go out of left field. He can also try the Huawei Fit watch too. He can also go Sony with the Smartband Talk (a little older, but also well under his budget). And he can try the Fitbit/Garmin route too if it's more exercise first.

Most of this was said from the buying it new perspective...if he's willing to go the mint route, then all those choice can be found on ye olde Swappa...

Hope this helps.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Gut reactions: Samsung S2 or Moto 360 Sport if it's mostly for execerise related stuff and he doesn't care about a non removable strap.

If he wants something to look nice and still work out in:

Samsung S2 classic
LG Watch Style (open box $155 most recent; last sale - $180)
Huawei watch
Moto 360 42mm
Asus Zenwatch 3

If he wants a square watch:

Asus Zenwatch 2

Huawei watch, Zenwatch 2 and 3 have speakers on it where you can make and take a call from the wrist without needing a SIM (done via Bluetooth). I think you can do that with the S2 and S2 classic, but more research is needed as those run on Tizen, not Android wear. All can store music file and or playlists to listen to via Bluetooth while exercising. The Watch Style and the Asus models lack heart rate monitoring stuff, but all can track calories and such.

Because a watch is a personal thing, he should try to pop into a store (Best Buy/VZW/AT&T) to see a few of them. Best Buy used to let you be able to try them on, but not as much anymore - he can still ask.

Keep in mind he's like going to have to buy online to get these under $200. All are really north of $200 but you can get these under $200 if he's willing to dig online a little.

There's others he can try...the Ticwatch 2 isn't bad if he wants to go out of left field. He can also try the Huawei Fit watch too. He can also go Sony with the Smartband Talk (a little older, but also well under his budget). And he can try the Fitbit/Garmin route too if it's more exercise first.

Most of this was said from the buying it new perspective...if he's willing to go the mint route, then all those choice can be found on ye olde Swappa...

Hope this helps.
Wow thank you! You're the true expert, I appreciate your time and knowledge. Thanks for the note about buying it new because I'm sure that they would like to do that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I believe that, I'll see what they do.
Yup. I've settled on three (the black nylon I'm using, this khaki color and a black band with white stitching). I saw some more colorful nylon ones but I'll pass for right now. The original black band that came with it is so beat up I may just harvest the quick release pins only and throw it out.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yup. I've settled on three (the black nylon I'm using, this khaki color and a black band with white stitching). I saw some more colorful nylon ones but I'll pass for right now. The original black band that came with it is so beat up I may just harvest the quick release pins only and throw it out.

It sounds like you chose the best bands to me. I hope that you will enjoy them all.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It sounds like you chose the best bands to me. I hope that you will enjoy them all.
I will. This black nylon one is pretty comfortable. I'm looking forward to this nice looking silicone one I have for the Huawei watch. I keep them all in this sleeve that allows you to fit 20 watch bands in it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hearing about the France election and I thought of Rue.

I hope he's okay.

I'm fine. :)

I've been reading the thread but not saying anything. Not much to say really.

As for the French election, I'm very relieved. Only one more election to really worry about but I don't see it as an issue either.

So far the EU (not UK who really isn't EU) has rejected populist politicians and far right thinking.

I can appreciate the appeal of the populist politician and the frustration of those who feel left behind. However, trying to believe we can go 'back to how it was before' doesn't solve the problems of today. Believing that our nationality, culture and values are static things creates a loss in those who yearn for a time they believe were more prosperous and cohesive. It's this belief that prevents new thinking and different ideas.

This will continue to be an issue all over the world as the older generations keep hold of old fashioned idealism and tell of times when the world was, in their eyes, a better place. Of course, it's not only old people who feel like this but younger people being led to believe these things are important. That's not to say that identity isn't important to some extent but to close down because you don't like the rest of the world doesn't make the world a better place.

In any case. I am happy with the result. Marcron has a lot of work ahead of him and hopefully he can be the 'centrist' candidate and initiate his ideas that will improve France overall. There is always the chance, however, where he could be just like Obama. Full of ideas but constantly blocked by opponents. I just hope that's not the case.

So at this moment it's 3-0 for EU. Only Germany left to see if the far right has any grip in Western Europe (they don't if going by local elections is anything to go by). It may be that the UK will be all alone... hehehehehehehe....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)