WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So leaving politics....

Windows 10S... thoughts? Read any of the articles? Believe the hype?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Pardon, what hype?

That 10S is a gateway for UWP apps... that 10S is fantastic, etc...

Windows 10 S breathes new life into UWP — and paves the way for 'Surface phone' | Windows Central

Of course, what exactly does UWP mean?

Universal Windows Platform or Universal Windows Package? They can't seem to figure that one out anymore.

I have a tendency to be pessimistic about things... Wrapping a Win32 package for Store sounds like a good idea except that I can't seem to see many companies willing to do this at the loss of about 33% to MS.

There's some really well informed comments at that article and I'm not referring to the article itself.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That 10S is a gateway for UWP apps... that 10S is fantastic, etc...

Windows 10 S breathes new life into UWP — and paves the way for 'Surface phone' | Windows Central

Of course, what exactly does UWP mean?

Universal Windows Platform or Universal Windows Package? They can't seem to figure that one out anymore.

I have a tendency to be pessimistic about things... Wrapping a Win32 package for Store sounds like a good idea except that I can't seem to see many companies willing to do this at the loss of about 33% to MS.

There's some really well informed comments at that article and I'm not referring to the article itself.
*Cough* MSFT essentially rebranded Windows RT *Cough*

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm fine. :)

I've been reading the thread but not saying anything. Not much to say really.

As for the French election, I'm very relieved. Only one more election to really worry about but I don't see it as an issue either.

So far the EU (not UK who really isn't EU) has rejected populist politicians and far right thinking.

I can appreciate the appeal of the populist politician and the frustration of those who feel left behind. However, trying to believe we can go 'back to how it was before' doesn't solve the problems of today. Believing that our nationality, culture and values are static things creates a loss in those who yearn for a time they believe were more prosperous and cohesive. It's this belief that prevents new thinking and different ideas.

This will continue to be an issue all over the world as the older generations keep hold of old fashioned idealism and tell of times when the world was, in their eyes, a better place. Of course, it's not only old people who feel like this but younger people being led to believe these things are important. That's not to say that identity isn't important to some extent but to close down because you don't like the rest of the world doesn't make the world a better place.

In any case. I am happy with the result. Marcron has a lot of work ahead of him and hopefully he can be the 'centrist' candidate and initiate his ideas that will improve France overall. There is always the chance, however, where he could be just like Obama. Full of ideas but constantly blocked by opponents. I just hope that's not the case.

So at this moment it's 3-0 for EU. Only Germany left to see if the far right has any grip in Western Europe (they don't if going by local elections is anything to go by). It may be that the UK will be all alone... hehehehehehehe....

Glad to hear that you are fine. That is good that this was the turnout for the election, phew. I guess you will see.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think it's interesting. I love that the Surface Laptop gives you the option of full Windows 10 or Windows 10 S.

That kind of misses the point doesn't it? Is the Surface Laptop supposed to showcase W10S or W10 pro?

MS loves to confuse things all the time. Either you're bringing a new product to market or not. It seems they're not confident if you ask me.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Glad to hear that you are fine. That is good that this was the turnout for the election, phew. I guess you will see.

What's most amusing about the French elections is the way the press goes on about the 'low turnout'.

France had a turnout of almost 75% of the electorate. Countries that don't enforce voting could only dream of numbers like that.

Marcron has 5 years to see what he can do. Hopefully it's something useful and this wasn't all blather. Still, I prefer him over Le Pen any day... I watched about an hour of their debate... debate wasn't the right word, attack by Le Pen was closer. She really showed her true colours and lack of policy during that.

Any sane person wouldn't have voted for her after watching that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That kind of misses the point doesn't it? Is the Surface Laptop supposed to showcase W10S or W10 pro?

MS loves to confuse things all the time. Either you're bringing a new product to market or not. It seems they're not confident if you ask me.
*Cough* That means all they did when reviving RT is stating you can upgrade to regular windows if you want and can pay for that *Cough*

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What's most amusing about the French elections is the way the press goes on about the 'low turnout'.

France had a turnout of almost 75% of the electorate. Countries that don't enforce voting could only dream of numbers like that.

Marcron has 5 years to see what he can do. Hopefully it's something useful and this wasn't all blather. Still, I prefer him over Le Pen any day... I watched about an hour of their debate... debate wasn't the right word, attack by Le Pen was closer. She really showed her true colours and lack of policy during that.

Any sane person wouldn't have voted for her after watching that.
So what exactly are you calling the 'Murican voters last fall then?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

*Cough* That means all they did when reviving RT is stating you can upgrade to regular windows if you want and can pay for that *Cough*

On the Surface Laptop, the upgrade is free for the rest of the year. From next year on, you do have to pay though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So what exactly are you calling the 'Murican voters last fall then?

I've seen a few reporters from the UK go over to the US to interview some supporters. All I can say is, wow.

I don't know if insane or deluded is the right term. Brainwashed? Not entirely sure what these people vote for exactly. One person stated plainly that the were in love with Thump since the 80's and he could never do anything wrong. Along with that statement she also indicated that Thump said more about 'god' in his inauguration speech than any other president in recent history and that was all that mattered. Obviously someone not familiar with the constitution...

I can't remember if she was the same one who said she only got 'news' from 'reliable' sources, i.e.: Thump's Twitter, Bribart, Fox, etc...

Then of course lots of people believe that anything good happening now was due to Thump and nothing to do with Obama's actions coming to fruition. But hey, people think short term and can't believe that plans sometimes take longer to yield results...

Needless to say I'm scared of US voters in general.

To add to this, the UK is about to vote in a conservative party that has gone far right. This election seems to be a one item vote, Brexit. They've even asked people who they were voting for and people answer 'I'm voting for Brexit!'. So no, US voters are not the only deluded people going.

I can't wait until I leave here... sigh...

Oh, did I tell you that I have a far right loon as a co-worker here? He actually told me he thought Thump was doing a great job... for reference, he reads the Daily Mail, Daily Express and Sun papers (all far right new outlets run by Murdoch).

Yeah, he's fun.... not.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Honestly, for the target demographic, Windows 10 S (aka RT) is OK. It's another play by MSFT to push UWP by getting more screens to show devs that they have the numbers to validate app development.

Good luck with that. I mean, schools and companies on a smaller budget may potentially like this as it's a more secure version of the OS...but the devil is always in the details.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Honestly, for the target demographic, Windows 10 S (aka RT) is OK. It's another play by MSFT to push UWP by getting more screens to show devs that they have the numbers to validate app development.

Good luck with that. I mean, schools and companies on a smaller budget may potentially like this as it's a more secure version of the OS...but the devil is always in the details.

I think they'll have a hard time personally but I may be wrong. So far people have stopped buying W10 as it is. There's no indication that large numbers of people use W10 Store on PC.

10S is an idea but I think it's faulty. It has it's good points but I don't think they've executed it well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think they'll have a hard time personally but I may be wrong. So far people have stopped buying W10 as it is. There's no indication that large numbers of people use W10 Store on PC.

10S is an idea but I think it's faulty. It has it's good points but I don't think it they've executed it well.
So you're saying it's a typical MSFT idea then (good on paper but half assed in reality)?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've seen a few reporters from the UK go over to the US to interview some supporters. All I can say is, wow.

I don't know if insane or deluded is the right term. Brainwashed? Not entirely sure what these people vote for exactly. One person stated plainly that the were in love with Thump since the 80's and he could never do anything wrong. Along with that statement she also indicated that Thump said more about 'god' in his inauguration speech than any other president in recent history and that was all that mattered. Obviously someone not familiar with the constitution...

I can't remember if she was the same one who said she only got 'news' from 'reliable' sources, i.e.: Thump's Twitter, Bribart, Fox, etc...

Then of course lots of people believe that anything good happening now was due to Thump and nothing to do with Obama's actions coming to fruition. But hey, people think short term and can't believe that plans sometimes take longer to yield results...

Needless to say I'm scared of US voters in general.

To add to this, the UK is about to vote in a conservative party that has gone far right. This election seems to be a one item vote, Brexit. They've even asked people who they were voting for and people answer 'I'm voting for Brexit!'. So no, US voters are not the only deluded people going.

I can't wait until I leave here... sigh...

Oh, did I tell you that I have a far right loon as a co-worker here? He actually told me he thought Thump was doing a great job... for reference, he reads the Daily Mail, Daily Express and Sun papers (all far right new outlets run by Murdoch).

Yeah, he's fun.... not.
The only thing he thumped was that model he's currently married to...

Yeah, I always said the most dangerous force politically on Earth is the annoyed and fed-up 'Murican voter. I do get where they're coming from though.

It's gonna get messy here. SMH.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I always said the most dangerous force politically on Earth is the annoyed and fed-up 'Murican voter. I do get where they're coming from though.

The US has been messy for a time, it's just now that it finally imploded. It should be a wake up call for the Democrats and their voters.

I can understand where they're coming from. I don't fault people being upset, angry and wanting change. It's totally understandable, but blind faith in a politician, or anyone for that matter, is wrong. I know this has been the far right's plan for some time.

I just wonder how long it's going to take the general populace to realise what they did.

I'm guessing years... which is worrisome. Possible never for some as they don't see beyond their front door.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I never thought that I would say it, but I miss the screen estate (and improved connectivity) of the Pixel but the X Compact would be a perfect middle ground, when it comes to screen size and the size of the phone.

If I was one to carry two phones at once, I would just use the Pixel not as a phone but for camera and media consumption but carrying two would confuse me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ugh yeah, I'm half scared and half curious of what's to come.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)