WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Alright @MSFTisMIA I need a smartwatch recommendation from the smartwatch king himself. Most important to me is - I want something that resembles your typical watch and something I can wear to work with proper business attire that doesn't look ridiculously out of place. Other feature would be notifications - e-mails and texts etc I would like to be able to see a quick glance at that. That's really it. Anything else is a bonus.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Just picked up a Huawei Watch 2 Sport. I'm helping a friend sell it. Anyone here want a crack at it let me know.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Alright @MSFTisMIA I need a smartwatch recommendation from the smartwatch king himself. Most important to me is - I want something that resembles your typical watch and something I can wear to work with proper business attire that doesn't look ridiculously out of place. Other feature would be notifications - e-mails and texts etc I would like to be able to see a quick glance at that. That's really it. Anything else is a bonus.
What's your budget? Do you prefer square or round? What OS are you pairing the phone to?

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

No real budget persay. I'm not looking to spend anything ridiculous but willing to get the right device.

Definitely prefer circle.

Android.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

No real budget persay. I'm not looking to spend anything ridiculous but willing to get the right device.

Definitely prefer circle.

Android.
Ok. Do you need Bluetooth only or don't mind something with an LTE (which means it can spoof your number but be another additional monthly fee)?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Would likely just do Bluetooth.
Ok...

Samsung S3 classic
Samsung S2 classic
Huawei watch*
Asus Zenwatch 3
Moto 360 42mm*
LG watch style
The Huawei watch 2 Sport forum member 99 is trying to sell with maybe the right black metal band

The S2 and S3 works will all Androids now. They run on Tizen OS - the others run on Android wear. The Huawei watch and 360 have * because they are two year old watches. While eligible for Wear 2.0, they may be obselete software wise next year. Everything else on this list is less than a year old except for the S2 classic (1 year old) which Samsung updated to run exactly like the S3.

In theory you can look at a Fossil branded smartwatch, but while they have the style part down, I'm not a fan of their current screen techs.

Depending on your wrist size, the S2 classic, Huawei watch, LG Style and the 360 42mm are smaller watches. S3 is a big watch and the Huawei watch 2 sport is slightly smaller.

All can manage notifications well, some people really like the click wheel or the Samsung watches and the crown of the Watch Style. The S3, Zenwatch 3, Huawei watch and Huawei watch 2 Sport have speakers to do calls on the watch.

Looks is subjective - if you like silver, the Huawei watch and the S3 in silver look really good - Moto 360, Zenwatch 3 and Watch Style get honorable mentions. If you prefer black, they all look nice.

Best to look in store first. I think you can see all but maybe the S2 classic and that 360 42mm. These all are in the $200-$350 range with the S3 the most expensive. You can get most on this list for closer to $200 for the newer ones and less than $200 for the olderpst ones with creative digging. This is brand-new prices...if you got mint condition, then you can do much better.

Oh, only the Zenwatch 3 (and maybe Huawei watch 2 sport for availability) a pain in the *** when it comes to using standard watch straps. The S2 classic (I I think), Huawei watch and Watch Style use standard 18mm, Moto 360 uses 20mm and the watch 2 sport and S3 uses 22mm (I think).

Hope this helps.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You can also go out of left field for the Tic watch as well. Many of these watches because they use the standard straps you can dress up and such. I'd suggest getting quick release watch bands to make that easier. Amazon can be a good place for brand new models around the price I mentioned...always best to see how it fits on the wrist before committing.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Ok...

Samsung S3 classic
Samsung S2 classic
Huawei watch*
Asus Zenwatch 3
Moto 360 42mm*
LG watch style
The Huawei watch 2 Sport forum member 99 is trying to sell with maybe the right black metal band

The S2 and S3 works will all Androids now. They run on Tizen OS - the others run on Android wear. The Huawei watch and 360 have * because they are two year old watches. While eligible for Wear 2.0, they may be obselete software wise next year. Everything else on this list is less than a year old except for the S2 classic (1 year old) which Samsung updated to run exactly like the S3.

In theory you can look at a Fossil branded smartwatch, but while they have the style part down, I'm not a fan of their current screen techs.

Depending on your wrist size, the S2 classic, Huawei watch, LG Style and the 360 42mm are smaller watches. S3 is a big watch and the Huawei watch 2 sport is slightly smaller.

All can manage notifications well, some people really like the click wheel or the Samsung watches and the crown of the Watch Style. The S3, Zenwatch 3, Huawei watch and Huawei watch 2 Sport have speakers to do calls on the watch.

Looks is subjective - if you like silver, the Huawei watch and the S3 in silver look really good - Moto 360, Zenwatch 3 and Watch Style get honorable mentions. If you prefer black, they all look nice.

Best to look in store first. I think you can see all but maybe the S2 classic and that 360 42mm. These all are in the $200-$350 range with the S3 the most expensive. You can get most on this list for closer to $200 for the newer ones and less than $200 for the olderpst ones with creative digging. This is brand-new prices...if you got mint condition, then you can do much better.

Oh, only the Zenwatch 3 (and maybe Huawei watch 2 sport for availability) a pain in the *** when it comes to using standard watch straps. The S2 classic (I I think), Huawei watch and Watch Style use standard 18mm, Moto 360 uses 20mm and the watch 2 sport and S3 uses 22mm (I think).

Hope this helps.

That's awesome. Thank you.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

On the train! This is happening! Lots of other single people riding too.

It's a little cold to explore though so I might be lazy with that today. Depends how long they say the repair will take.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

It's a little cold to explore though so I might be lazy with that today. Depends how long they say the repair will take.

That's exciting! Have fun!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Good for you. Hope the day turns out well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Good for you. Hope the day turns out well.

Thanks. So what happened is that they don't have the part. They have to order it. I asked if they can just keep my Pixel and then repair it when the part comes in three to five business days since I can't come back when they will actually have said part (the station will be shut down for a month ) . They will call me when it gets in and tell me how much it would be to fix it.

I can then pay them over the phone and pick it up within 30 days. Hopefully the station will be open then because driving there is useless. So I'm already on the way home.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. So what happened is that they don't have the part. They have to order it. I asked if they can just keep my Pixel and then repair it when the part comes in three to five business days since I can't come back when they will actually have said part (the station will be shut down for a month ) . They will call me when it gets in and tell me how much it would be to fix it.

I can then pay them over the phone and pick it up within 30 days. Hopefully the station will be open then because driving there is useless. So I'm already on the way home.
I hope you'll get your Pixel fixed without any further wasted trips.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hope they do a good job at a wallet friendly rate. Sometimes with these gadgets it's cheaper in time and cash to repair a device than to sell for parts and get another one. But that margin is so small one has to be careful...

This comes from someone​ who has bought his fair share of reclamation projects...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Hope they do a good job at a wallet friendly rate. Sometimes with these gadgets it's cheaper in time and cash to repair a device than to sell for parts and get another one. But that margin is so small one has to be careful...

This comes from someone​ who has bought his fair share of reclamation projects...
I really hope so too!

I do believe you on that. I had no idea that you have done that a couple of times. That sounds tiring though, I'm not sure how you did it. I'll be honest and say that has crossed my mind but I really don't feel like setting up a third Pixel or really another Android phone. I need a break from all of that, like for months.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You're welcome. Let us know how he makes out.

So an watch update for you and anyone else interested. My brother in law loves his watch and he even got some watch straps too.

He doesn't know the name of his watch but basically they went to Best Buy and he loved the Samsung ones. I think he has a Gear S3 because it looks like he can make calls too. He was so excited to show me some of the features. He has just the bluetooth and WiFi one though.

My sister says that he's too excited about the watch haha. I told them that you are also about getting the different bands since he wants a red one too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb