WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I really hope so too!

I do believe you on that. I had no idea that you have done that a couple of times. That sounds tiring though, I'm not sure how you did it. I'll be honest and say that has crossed my mind but I really don't feel like setting up a third Pixel or really another Android phone. I need a break from all of that, like for months.
You don't know the half of it... I've walked through so many phones, it's not even funny (new, mint, broken and repaired). It was incredibly exhausting.

I hope that this repair works out for you, I really do.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So an watch update for you and anyone else interested. My brother in law loves his watch and he even got some watch straps too.

He doesn't know the name of his watch but basically they went to Best Buy and he loved the Samsung ones. I think he has a Gear S3 because it looks like he can make calls too. He was so excited to show me some of the features. He has just the bluetooth and WiFi one though.

My sister says that he's too excited about the watch haha. I told them that you are also about getting the different bands since he wants a red one too.
Sounds like he's made out just fine...good to hear it. Now you have me curious...which of these was it?

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_gear_s2_classic-7677.php
http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_gear_s2_3g-7585.php
http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_gear_s3_classic-8309.php

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Samsung Gear S3 Classic, it looks the most like that one.
Nice. It's a really good choice. I liked that watch, but just preferred Android wear...the S2 classic is a nice option for people who don't want a bigger watch.

He should do a mini review at some point...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Nice. It's a really good choice. I liked that watch, but just preferred Android wear...the S2 classic is a nice option for people who don't want a bigger watch.

He should do a mini review at some point...
Just picked up a S2 Classic yesterday to pair up with the Priv. I have large hands and the S3 feels too big so I went with the S2. To say there's a learning curve is an understatement. Didn't know you can make phone calls from it until I called my wife from it expecting the call to be on the phone. Imagine my surprise when my wrist started talking.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just picked up a S2 Classic yesterday to pair up with the Priv. I have large hands and the S3 feels too big so I went with the S2. To say there's a learning curve is an understatement. Didn't know you can make phone calls from it until I called my wife from it expecting the call to be on the phone. Imagine my surprise when my wrist started talking.
Yeah, I thought i read something where the S2 classic could make calls, but I wasn't​ sure. It is an adjustment, I'm sure...still that rotating bezel as a scroll wheel is a really nice move on Samsung's part...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Wow, that's interesting.

Whoa also the fact that you went back to the Priv is super surprising to me. I'm curious how this pairing and the Priv experience will be for you.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Wow, that's interesting.

Whoa also the fact that you went back to the Priv is super surprising to me. I'm curious how this pairing and the Priv experience will be for you.
I'd had the Priv before when they first came out so it wasn't so new to me. The way BlackBerry has updated the Hub since I had it made me give it another look. The watch is another story, I'm going to need a few days to get some idea of what it's capable of. Liking it so far.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'd had the Priv before when they first came out so it wasn't so new to me. The way BlackBerry has updated the Hub since I had it made me give it another look. The watch is another story, I'm going to need a few days to get some idea of what it's capable of. Liking it so far.
How do you feel about the Key One?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have to see it live and in color first. The lack of OIS on my Idol has me soured on Alcatel 's imaging prowess. Other than that it seems to have all the boxes checked.
Lots of phones refuse to put in OIS for some reason - Sony being the biggest brand name culprit for a while.

To me, it looks very tempting and something I could use...if I wasn't so smitten with my Mi Note 2, that is.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I took the LG G6 for a test drive today. Not too shabby. Ergonomically, S8 felt better in hand with exact same type of case - Ringke Onyx. It's a smidgen taller than my Pixel but packs in a large screen.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Some pictures taken with the G6, camera isn't shabby at all.
d12c73893910b5a57fa587ba55004782.jpg
8586bda252c45828c4c1a46168dca01c.jpg
09a0103a6751596f365fc2b130edd730.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Side by side comparison of the two cameras, regular and wide angle. This is Santa Monica beach in California.
1fe124da5292a88f9f120b56bc891118.jpg
d21dfa07d13da8ba119dd0e1593b94e7.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Went to a really nice ice cream place today but forgot to take pictures. The place is called Sweet Rose Creamery in Santa Monica. Had lemon chiffon, rose raspberry and brown butter orange wafer. All three flavors were absolutely delicious.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I got a callback from uBreakiFix. They tested it and they didn't run into the issue but the best thing is that the repair is $80, which includes parts and labor! I'm going to give them the go to order the part and install it. I'm so glad that the repair is way lower than I thought it would be!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I got a callback from uBreakiFix. They tested it and they didn't run into the issue but the best thing is that the repair is $80, which includes parts and labor! I'm going to give them the go to order the part and install it. I'm so glad that the repair is way lower than I thought it would be!
That's a solid price, considering the popularity of the phone and ut still being relatively new. I wish they could have done it more for $50-60, but that's just me.

I hope it works out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte