WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

One of my biggest peeves with the iPhone is this keyboard nonsense. And stock keyboard is garbage, doesn't matter what others say. My wife went to an iPhone about 1.5 years ago and still misses the WP keyboard on her Lumia 925.

Aw. I can get why she feels that way. I tried it with the iPhone 7 for 10 minutes and I was done. You should tell her that Word Flow gives a somewhat similar experience to it and it's made by Microsoft too.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

HTC, I wish you luck with the U 11. I like what I see, but u also loved what I saw with the HTC 10 and that didn't sell.

Please price it at $600-650 in the US. Anything close to $700, you're gonna get killed.

Yeah I feel like they did good here, since it seems to be very comparable to the other flagships out.

Edit: it is priced at that: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Deal...st-599-50-less-that-its-regular-price_id94103

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Mini review time for the LG G6.

Minus case - feel in hand is superb. Slipperier than an eel, as bad as the Honor 8 or Mi Note 2, not as bad as the Mi Mix though. With a case on, this is a chunky monkey. Exact same Ringke Onyx case on the S8 feels good but on this device, it makes it bulky and a bit heavy. One handed use in the case gets tiring after a while.

Screen took a while to get used to compared to the Pixel and the S8. But now after 4 days of use, it is growing on me. The non gimmicky (cough infinity edge cough) screen size is also quite nice. I am happy with the LG skin as well, quite light and haven't had any scrolling icky issues on the G6 that I had with the S8 on Tapatalk, Twitter and Chrome (three apps I traffic heavily in).

Auto brightness sensor was all wonked out the first day but since then has settled in nicely and I haven't had any issues over the last 3 days.

Camera - coming from a Pixel I wasn't really holding my breath but let's just say I am pleasantly surprised. It produces some really nice pictures in daylight and also aerial shots aren't bad. I find some good uses for the Wide Angle lens as well. Overall it is a fairly competent shooter. The app does crash if I choose to view the picture using the top scroll screen but if I tap the circular picture button on the bottom right corner it works fine. Hopefully they fix this via software update as it is a minor glitch.

Battery life is okay. I haven't pushed it to the limit so I have no idea but hopefully by this weekend I will have a better update on that. Digressing a bit, the Pixel's battery life has gotten stellar in the last few weeks. I now get close to 5 hour SOT once I am down in the single digits.

Audio output is decent, a little less bass and that is how I like it. Speaker is surprisingly loud. I haven't checked if my version has wireless charging or not. I have the factory unlocked US997 model in black.

More rants and raves as I put the device through it's paces on a road trip this week. Hopefully some great Wide Angle shots in NYC and DC this weekend. Maybe some tonight from Cambridge near MIT/Harvard.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Very cool review. I used the G5 for awhile and while it was okay I was definitely hoping for more from the G6.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Aw. I can get why she feels that way. I tried it with the iPhone 7 for 10 minutes and I was done. You should tell her that Word Flow gives a somewhat similar experience to it and it's made by Microsoft too.

Problem is you never know when iOS will decide to show you the stock keyboard and hence a 3rd party keyboard is a no go especially for my wife who likes consistency.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Mini review time for the LG G6.

Minus case - feel in hand is superb. Slipperier than an eel, as bad as the Honor 8 or Mi Note 2, not as bad as the Mi Mix though. With a case on, this is a chunky monkey. Exact same Ringke Onyx case on the S8 feels good but on this device, it makes it bulky and a bit heavy. One handed use in the case gets tiring after a while.

Screen took a while to get used to compared to the Pixel and the S8. But now after 4 days of use, it is growing on me. The non gimmicky (cough infinity edge cough) screen size is also quite nice. I am happy with the LG skin as well, quite light and haven't had any scrolling icky issues on the G6 that I had with the S8 on Tapatalk, Twitter and Chrome (three apps I traffic heavily in).

Auto brightness sensor was all wonked out the first day but since then has settled in nicely and I haven't had any issues over the last 3 days.

Camera - coming from a Pixel I wasn't really holding my breath but let's just say I am pleasantly surprised. It produces some really nice pictures in daylight and also aerial shots aren't bad. I find some good uses for the Wide Angle lens as well. Overall it is a fairly competent shooter. The app does crash if I choose to view the picture using the top scroll screen but if I tap the circular picture button on the bottom right corner it works fine. Hopefully they fix this via software update as it is a minor glitch.

Battery life is okay. I haven't pushed it to the limit so I have no idea but hopefully by this weekend I will have a better update on that. Digressing a bit, the Pixel's battery life has gotten stellar in the last few weeks. I now get close to 5 hour SOT once I am down in the single digits.

Audio output is decent, a little less bass and that is how I like it. Speaker is surprisingly loud. I haven't checked if my version has wireless charging or not. I have the factory unlocked US997 model in black.

More rants and raves as I put the device through it's paces on a road trip this week. Hopefully some great Wide Angle shots in NYC and DC this weekend. Maybe some tonight from Cambridge near MIT/Harvard.

I second meattray, nice review! Sounds like it's a mostly solid device.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

In other news, I'm waiting for a callback from uBreakiFix. I called them back but the guy who answered said that the other guy who looked at my phone will be better to talk to, since he would be more familiar with what's going on. I really hope that he doesn't call when I'm in a meeting today because that would suck.

The first guy did tell me that they get their deliveries on Tuesdays, which is good to know.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The bridal shower is coming up and I have been procrastinating on finding games. I need to get on that lol.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Have to admit I use my Echo a lot less than anticipated. Will listen to a bit of music on there but that's the majority of it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm considering trying out Cricket for a bit. I don't want to totally move over my line, but I really want to see if it's better for me where I work since at the moment, there isn't anything to write home about lol. The Pixel makes it a bit more manageable and I'm missing that the most.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm considering trying out Cricket for a bit. I don't want to totally move over my line, but I really want to see if it's better for me where I work since at the moment, there isn't anything to write home about lol. The Pixel makes it a bit more manageable and I'm missing that the most.
Their speeds are limited to 8 megs but that should be plenty for most activities. No tethering and sometimes wonky MMS.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Their speeds are limited to 8 megs but that should be plenty for most activities. No tethering and sometimes wonky MMS.

That's good to know, thanks. That sucks about the MMS because I do get those sometimes. That deal that they have for the SE right now is nice though. Yeah I know that I have one already but I'll try it out, and pass it on to my brother (after getting it unlocked of course).

From what I see where I live, I already get up to 8, never really past that. Ha, at work, it's not even worth trying to see because I know it's under 1, which is bad like I said lol.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Hey at least you have options. We're very limited in Canada for options and in rural areas like where I live we have two providers. That's it. And neither are very good, ha ha.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Have to admit I use my Echo a lot less than anticipated. Will listen to a bit of music on there but that's the majority of it.
I got one that I haven't opened and set up yet. Been too distracted, but I may test it out before the week ends.

Guess for me it's hard to integrate my Amazon stuff with the other things I use.

#platformagnosticissues .

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

I got one that I haven't opened and set up yet. Been too distracted, but I may test it out before the week ends.

Guess for me it's hard to integrate my Amazon stuff with the other things I use.

#platformagnosticissues .

I honestly don't use Amazon very often..plus they're not setup for Canadian use yet so limits some features. I was just curious what they were all about and wanted to test one so figured, why not? It's still alright for playing music and whatnot but hasn't changed my life in any way.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Aw that sucks.

Hey I won't complain too much. At least we have cell service and whatnot at all. Pretty minor issue in the grand scheme of things. It works most of the time and the speed is alright so I shouldn't complain at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo