WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I know I haven't posted in some time so a real quick update. Nothing too exciting happening here.

1 - I've been reading the thread but not posting as I haven't got much to contribute.

2 - My residency application has been sent off. Currently without my passport so no travel for the time being.

3 - My car had a driver front spring go and blew my tyre to shreds in the process. Never heard a tyre go POP before. Thankfully I wasn't far from home (literally around the corner) car came to a grinding halt. I was able to move it off the road I was on thankfully. Was an unwelcome expense.

4 - Still saving for a house in France. Still trying to find more funds to make it happen quicker. No, robbing a bank is not an option.

5 - I obtained a new phone. I am now the proud owner of a Sony Xperia XZ. I know people are not big fans. Currently I haven't got much to say about it one way or the other as I just got it yesterday. It's blue. That's about it.

Not much else. Just the usual nonsense.

To me, it sounds like you do have things going on!

Good luck with the residency process! I hope that you'll get it for sure. Ooh, that's a bummer about the car. Glad to hear that you weren't too far and that you were okay.

Can you sell things to help save? I wish you luck with that process too. Congrats on the XZ and the deal! I hope you like it and I'll be looking forward to your thoughts.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

To me, it sounds like you do have things going on!

Good luck with the residency process! I hope that you'll get it for sure. Ooh, that's a bummer about the car. Glad to hear that you weren't too far and that you were okay.

Can you sell things to help save? I wish you luck with that process too. Congrats on the XZ and the deal! I hope you like it and I'll be looking forward to your thoughts.

I just hope the residency process goes quickly but I have no control of that so I have to wait. I did ask for my passport back in case it takes too long so I can travel. They say it takes about a month for the return. No idea why.

I haven't got many things to sell and things I do have are not worth much. So I'd have to start a business and invest to sell things. Sigh... it's never easy.

We're doing OK so far with savings, the main issue is we want to move quicker. Our main concern is our property price. Currently it appears to be OK but we're worried that if we don't sell soon we may miss the peak. Not sure though. So hope is to save enough to get things moving but unfortunately it's mostly my wife's work that is our savings and it's a bit sporadic currently.

For the most part I think I'll be happy with the XZ. I like the fact it's a bit different. I'm mostly curious about the camera. The rest is inconsequential really.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I got it new for under £350. I thought that was good. I've been waiting for it to drop below £350 for some time. It's still ridiculously expensive in the regular shops.
Good call. Do a mini-vacation after you've broken it in. The blue color did look really good.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's one of those days that I'm counting down the hours and minutes. Hopefully getting lost into work will make the time go by faster.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Good call. Do a mini-vacation after you've broken it in. The blue color did look really good.
Right now the next vacation is Santorini in August. Not sure when I'm doing any other traveling.

It's a long weekend this weekend so we might go somewhere locally as I can't go anywhere in the EU at the moment.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Huh? I haven't even used it yet unless you're implying something.

I have all the protection I need for it as well.
It was a bit of sarcasm on MSFTisMIA post. He had a typo, vacation instead of review and he referred your initial time as "breaking in".

Nothing serious.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Right now the next vacation is Santorini in August. Not sure when I'm doing any other traveling.

It's a long weekend this weekend so we might go somewhere locally as I can't go anywhere in the EU at the moment.
What I meant to say was to do a mini-review of the XZ once your break it in. A mini-vacation could also do you good, so I hope your residence gets sorted out soon so you can travel again freely.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Few months later with the Mi Note 2...a lot of my initial thoughts still stand. Pretty satisfied with the choice. It charges insanely fast, so that helps. Otherwise, it has held up nicely and I've adjusted back to a larger screen size just fine. Pretty happy and wouldn't actively change it for anything on the market.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Now, if I was buying a phone, the Mi Note 2 may not be my first choice. I'd be picking between the Key One and the G6. If I was going the no frills route and was keeping a secondary​ device like the 950 XL for camera duties, I'd buy a Key One. But, if I wanted to be sure to walk around with a different camera, I'd use the G6.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Few months later with the Mi Note 2...a lot of my initial thoughts still stand. Pretty satisfied with the choice. It charges insanely fast, so that helps. Otherwise, it has held up nicely and I've adjusted back to a larger screen size just fine. Pretty happy and wouldn't actively change it for anything on the market.
Wow that it's been a few months already! I'm glad to hear that you are still very content with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb