WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It feels a lot smaller than it is. Ditto the comments before: excellent performance, insane battery life and the best speakers of any Windows phone ever. But that camera.....
I'm not worried about the camera as I have a Pixel and a G6. My BOGO S8 shows up today as well.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I think I'll feel the same way once I no longer have to drive the distance I do. I'm a little over it you could say.

What is your next move anyway? Or is that a surprise? Or you don't know yet? You seem to be doing 'things'...

I feel your pain. My previous commute was Miami to West Palm Beach and it was 97 miles door-to-door each way. The morning was ok because 5AM traffic is not that bad. Going home was a bear though. It does get old quickly.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I feel your pain. My previous commute was Miami to West Palm Beach and it was 97 miles door-to-door each way. The morning was ok because 5AM traffic is not that bad. Going home was a bear though. It does get old quickly.

Mine is not that far, around 53 miles one way. Still, it's a long run.

Same here with going home, it's always painful. If there are any issues it's a pain because it's only two lanes either way. Doesn't take much to back things up. Then there's where I live which is an issue 99% of the time simply due to volume and small roads.

So yeah, I'm a bit over it already. Hopefully, if things go the right way, this may only be for a short time.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think I'll feel the same way once I no longer have to drive the distance I do. I'm a little over it you could say.

What is your next move anyway? Or is that a surprise? Or you don't know yet? You seem to be doing 'things'...
My next moves are "in process", and because some parts are in still up in the air (as per habit), I'll share the changes once things settle down within the next two weeks, hopefully.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My next moves are "in process", and because some parts are in still up in the air (as per habit), I'll share the changes once things settle down within the next two weeks, hopefully.

No worries, I'm patient. More curious than anything else. I can relate to things being up in the air.

It's an odd time for me as well so I know the feeling.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

No worries, I'm patient. More curious than anything else. I can relate to things being up in the air.

It's an odd time for me as well so I know the feeling.
I'm tackling three life changes simultaneously - school, housing and employment. Lots of moving parts, so once things calm down I can say more.

It's always been one challenge for me after another. I need to stop being a challenge junkie.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm tackling three life changes simultaneously - school, housing and employment. Lots of moving parts, so once things calm down I can say more.

It's always been one challenge for me after another. I need to stop being a challenge junkie.

Mine will be something similar, aside from the schooling aspect.

If things go to plan, house, country and work will change in one fell swoop.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Mine will be something similar, aside from the schooling aspect.

If things go to plan, house, country and work will change in one fell swoop.

I really wish you two the best outcomes in everything since you have massive changes ahead.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Ouch!
I had a 1.4 mile commute for 8 years that took about 3 minutes.
Then went to a 28 minute commute (15 miles) for about 5+ years and hated it!
Now I have a 12 minute commute (7 miles) for almost 6 years.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

This week is slow right now because graduation just happened a few days ago and summer classes start next week.

Because of that, I was able to catch up with two of my coworkers. That felt really good to do. One of them also wants to go to library school too and we are aiming for the same deadline this year! That's really cool.

It lifted my day to do that with the two of them.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You would get bored if you didn't have challenges.
Good luck with all three.
Hope your commute becomes less eventful though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Whoa, that's nuts!
Glad you no longer have to make that commute anymore.

I'm really trying to figure out an ideal commute for me to come in the future.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Although speaking of commutes, I am entertaining a job that would be about 50 miles away and would take almost an hour to commute. But the job/profile is quite intriguing.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Whoa, that's nuts!
Glad you no longer have to make that commute anymore.

I'm really trying to figure out an ideal commute for me to come in the future.
No kidding, my commute is about 8 miles each way and it's about 15 minutes in the morning and about an hour going home. No wonder Forbes listed Miami as the 2nd worst city for traffic. I miss my Kawi 750. Not!!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Although speaking of commutes, I am entertaining a job that would be about 50 miles away and would take almost an hour to commute. But the job/profile is quite intriguing.

Wait, didn't you have interviews recently? How did it go? Is there one that stands out more than the other?

Yeah 50 miles is long but it totally depends on if it would/could be worth it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

No kidding, my commute is about 8 miles each way and it's about 15 minutes in the morning and about an hour going home. No wonder Forbes listed Miami as the 2nd worst city for traffic. I miss my Kawi 750. Not!!

15 minutes is really nice. Whoa an hour?! I see why Miami has that spot.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

My commute currently takes me about two minutes. one of the perks of a small town. I do have a decision to make about whether I want to become a partner at my current place of business or potentially taking over management of some operations of a much bigger company. There's definitely perks to both but a lot to think about.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My commute currently takes me about two minutes. one of the perks of a small town. I do have a decision to make about whether I want to become a partner at my current place of business or potentially taking over management of some operations of a much bigger company. There's definitely perks to both but a lot to think about.

That's a big decision! I wish you the best with making the ideal decision for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb