WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Congrats on the new place! How do you like it so far?

Sent from mTalk

It's 30 km away from work, previously just 3 km away. So it's quite an adjustment in time management. But being away from the city seems to have its advantages.

Torry Cox

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Hi guys, I'm now into two weeks before the wedding and three weeks before i move into my new place. Hectic isn't the word!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You know, it's really impressive how far tech has come these days in the mobile space.

There are times when I just want to "escape" and use the XL as my daily driver. There is still this clean look to it that I really appreciate. As much as it has evolved, I wished MSFT had done more to get behind it.

I do miss Windows 8.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You know, it's really impressive how far tech has come these days in the mobile space.

There are times when I just want to "escape" and use the XL as my daily driver. There is still this clean look to it that I really appreciate. As much as it has evolved, I wished MSFT had done more to get behind it.

I do miss Windows 8.

I can get that a lot and relate. Still very much into the looks and design. I flirt with the idea of trying my 950 out as a phone again after playing with it. Actually doing it though, I fear regret after the first 24 hours. Lol

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I can get that a lot and relate. Still very much into the looks and design. I flirt with the idea of trying my 950 out as a phone again after playing with it. Actually doing it though, I fear regret after the first 24 hours. Lol
If I'm using my XL for pictures, music, calls, browsing and the maps...I'm good. Anything past that, it's not as user friendly for me...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

If I'm using my XL for pictures, music, calls, browsing and the maps...I'm good. Anything past that, it's not as user friendly for me...

Yeah that makes sense. I'm guessing the browsing you mean is short. I hate that Edge is such a drain for long periods of time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hi guys, I'm now into two weeks before the wedding and three weeks before i move into my new place. Hectic isn't the word!
Exciting times.

Congrats and I hope your wedding day weather is better than this long weekend we just had!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

They have needed to update and optimize Edge since Windows 95...

Haha fair point! For me, it feels really bad on W10M because for the apps I'm missing, I have to use the browser. Using the browser for a while makes your battery drain. Battery drain means that my phone will die faster than it normally does, which is annoying and the circle never ends. :grincry:

I can't use any phone as a phone if I can't read my books on said phone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Haha fair point! For me, it feels really bad on W10M because for the apps I'm missing, I have to use the browser. Using the browser for a while makes your battery drain. Battery drain means that my phone will die faster than it normally does, which is annoying and the circle never ends. :grincry:

I can't use any phone as a phone if I can't read my books on said phone.
The Kindle app isn't bad, but if you don't use Amazon or Adobe reader, it's a pain.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The Kindle app isn't bad, but if you don't use Amazon or Adobe reader, it's a pain.

The Kindle app is no longer supported or even authorized for W10M/WP8 anymore. Once you sign out (or have to hard reset), you're SOL so to me that doesn't count.

For me, it is a pain. I use OverDrive (and that app is slow, and buggy on here and has some quirks like hitting the back button (on your phone that is) in a book takes you back in a book sometimes...do I need to say more?) The site works excellent on Edge, along with reading books in Edge too is also nice BUT the battery drain is real and you don't get that by using the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo