WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The Kindle app is no longer supported or even authorized for W10M/WP8 anymore. Once you sign out (or have to hard reset), you're SOL so to me that doesn't count.

For me, it is a pain. I use OverDrive (and that app is slow, and buggy on here and has some quirks like hitting the back button (on your phone that is) in a book takes you back in a book sometimes...do I need to say more?) The site works excellent on Edge, along with reading books in Edge too is also nice BUT the battery drain is real and you don't get that by using the app.
I wonder when they made that change...I had to do a weird reauthorization process a few months ago, but it works. I got the XL in March, so...

That's the problem of using a service on a platform in the eyes of the service provider doesn't offer enough business to maintain access...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I wonder when they made that change...I had to do a weird reauthorization process a few months ago, but it works. I got the XL in March, so...

That's the problem of using a service on a platform in the eyes of the service provider doesn't offer enough business to maintain access...

I think the change is recent :
https://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/459547-kindle-app-no-longer-supported.html

I agree though. Such a bummer.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Finally tried on my dress and it needs to be taken in a little bit on the side, so I need to do the hunt of finding a good tailor.

It has pockets though, which is awesome!!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Wow good luck with all of that!

Speaking of hectic, how is the new position so far?

Thanks! Yeah the new position is going quite well - still helping the new people with questions etc as you'd expect but generally I'm full time into my new role. Every day is different so that's a big bonus!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Thanks! Yeah the new position is going quite well - still helping the new people with questions etc as you'd expect but generally I'm full time into my new role. Every day is different so that's a big bonus!

Glad to hear it, that's awesome!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That's awesome! I'm glad you like it, and the variety is nice too. 😊

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Just ordered three pairs of shoes for the dress.

May one of these work. Please. I will return the other two once I figure out which one works best.

It was silly to wait for so long to order my shoes but on the flip side, I wouldn't have known how the dress was like with shoes, if I ordered some previously that are nice but useless with the dress.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for all the well wishes. Come tomorrow evening, one thing will be resolved. This has been one tiring and self-inflicted difficult experience. But, we learn from them all, so I won't complain.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if I'll have the same audio issue on calls with the Mi Note 2 if I use USB-C headphones? Only one way to find out...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So yesterday finished off 5 days of renovation. I still have more to do but this was something we've been wanting to do for some time.

We painted three brand new doors. All the architrave for the doors.
Had the outside of the house painted, both front and back (we live in a terrace house) so now it's nice and fresh looking.

Got some more painting to do still along with some other bits of work to complete things.

Feels never ending....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I wonder if I'll have the same audio issue on calls with the Mi Note 2 if I use USB-C headphones? Only one way to find out...

I've been curious about this whole USB headphone thing.

Though I get what they're saying I'm a bit underwhelmed by the 'technology' hype. I can't believe the losses are that large on a rather short piece of cable.

If you have quality headphones you'll have generally good sound. I'm not sure if putting the DAC converter in the headset is going to make significant difference. You're still converting the signal.

Lastly, the main issue with headphones in general, the cord, is still there....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've been curious about this whole USB headphone thing.

Though I get what they're saying I'm a bit underwhelmed by the 'technology' hype. I can't believe the losses are that large on a rather short piece of cable.

If you have quality headphones you'll have generally good sound. I'm not sure if putting the DAC converter in the headset is going to make significant difference. You're still converting the signal.

Lastly, the main issue with headphones in general, the cord, is still there....
It's still too much of a wild west in comparison to a more established standard like the 3.5mm jack. I'm willing to try it to see if my issue with the phone isn't related to the jack itself.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm curious about how that would go for you. Please let us know how it goes if you decide to do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs